Like Tree3Likes

Thread: W.Va. Dem on Obama immigration policy: ‘Wrong as he can be’

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

W.Va. Dem on Obama immigration policy: ‘Wrong as he can be’

BY: Washington Free Beacon Staff - June 18, 2012 6:14 pm

Rep. Nick Rahall (D., W.Va.) criticized sharply President Obama’s immigration policy in a Monday statement, saying the president is “as wrong as he can be” on the issue:

“We are a nation of immigrants. But I believe that the president is wrong on this issue — as wrong as he can be,” said Rahall. “For every immigrant who came to this country legally, abiding by the process and respecting the law, this action is a slap in the face. For the American workers, who will be forced to compete for American jobs against immigrant aliens, this action is a slap in the face.”

“The Constitution requires the president to enforce the law. It authorizes the president to recommend changes to the law. It does not — does not — permit the president to selectively choose which laws to enforce,” said Rahall. “More important than party, and more important than presidential politics, must be the upholding of the constitution and seeing to it that the laws are faithfully executed. This action may make for good politics in some quarters of our Nation, but it sets a terrible and dangerous precedent.”

Rahall is one of three prominent West Virginia Democrats—Rahall, Sen. Joe Manchin, and Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin—who will not attend the Democratic National Convention, Politico reported Monday.

W.Va. Dem on Obama immigration policy: ‘Wrong as he can be’ | Washington Free Beacon
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Geez, I wish the party would nominate a different nominee, but I cannot think of anyone seving in Washington now that I would vote for. Maybe Gov. Brewer or Sheriff Arpaio. Don't care about party affiliation, just someone who understands obeying and enforcing existing law.

I do not see any reasonable chance for hope to be fulfilled. It is foreseeable and obviouis that the present assumed nominees do not have any wide differences on immigaration, and America never changes Congress very much.

A leader! At long last a leader!

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Im for gov jan & joe & yes you mr W
    No amnesty or Dream act

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinssdad View Post
    Geez, I wish the party would nominate a different nominee, but I cannot think of anyone seving in Washington now that I would vote for. Maybe Gov. Brewer or Sheriff Arpaio. Don't care about party affiliation, just someone who understands obeying and enforcing existing law.

I do not see any reasonable chance for hope to be fulfilled. It is foreseeable and obviouis that the present assumed nominees do not have any wide differences on immigaration, and America never changes Congress very much.
    I would disagree. I think Romney is miles from Obama on the immigration issue. He does not support amnesty for illegals and, according to him, one of his first acts on immigration will be to pass an E-verify program. The only illegals I've ever heard him actually come out and support legalization for is those that serve in our military, which is a non-issue because illegals don't currently serve in our military. In comparison, Obama supports legalizing most illegals that don't have a felony criminal record. Personally, I don't support legalizing any illegals, however, I am smart enough to see a huge difference in the two candidates on the issue.
    Last edited by MW; 06-19-2012 at 09:18 AM.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Rep. Nick Rahall (D., W.Va.)
    “The Constitution requires the president to enforce the law. It authorizes the president to recommend changes to the law. It does not — does not — permit the president to selectively choose which laws to enforce,” said Rahall. “More important than party, and more important than presidential politics, must be the upholding of the constitution and seeing to it that the laws are faithfully executed. This action may make for good politics in some quarters of our Nation, but it sets a terrible and dangerous precedent.”
    I like this guy so far.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I read most of this release on the Don Miller radio show this afternoon!

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)