Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Wake Co. says schools are not being built for illegals

Report: Illegal immigration not reason for student growth

By T. Keung Hui, Staff writer
    A new report released today hows that illegal immigration is not the major reason behind record student growth in Wake County that’s leading to a massive construction bond issue this fall.
    The report, from the school district’s Growth and Planning Department, shows that whites accounted for half of the new students this year and Hispanics only represented 12 percent. The report comes at a time when some people have said they won’t support a bond issue because they feel illegal immigration is driving the growth.

The report also found that the school district is gaining more students from private schools, charter schools and home schools than it is losing.

Only counting the 8,537 new students in grades 1-12, whites accounted for 48 percent, followed by blacks at 30 percent and Hispanics at 11 percent.

Looking just at the 10,438 kindergarten students, 52 percent are white, 24 percent are black and 12 percent are Hispanic. Overall, the percentage of white students in the school district fell from 56.8 percent last year to 55.4 percent this year.

http://www.newsobserver.com/102/story/418740.html

__________________________________________________ __________

I wonder what the other 11 percent are? Perhaps illegals from some other place?

Probably of the 12% Hispanic, 1% of them are actually legal citizens.

I wouldn't vote on a bond issue for new schools in Wake Co. NC, either, until every last one of the illegal aliens is deported and they take their anchor babies with them.

And mind you, this percentage is only the NEW growth of students. Nobody says a word about how many illegals are already in school.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I heard they have 121,000+ students this year. At 10% that works out to 12,100 and if even 60% of them are illegal, how many new schools will be needed?

NORTH CAROLINA IS BEING OVERRUN BY ILLEGALS AND ELECTED OFFICIALS DON'T GIVE A HOOT! CAN'T WAIT UNTIL NOVEMBER. I'm voting for anybody who's willing to take a stand AGAINST illegal immigation.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Too many. Even one school built to accomodate illegal aliens or their children is too many.

The report also found that the school district is gaining more students from private schools, charter schools and home schools than it is losing.
    I find this hard to believe.

We all know that illegal invaders ARE the reason for the need for new schools, no matter how much of that bull**** they let fly out of both ends They seem to think we are totally stupid about these things, just like with the so-called guestworker plan.
    "My ancestors gave their life for America, the least I can do is fight to preserve the rights they died for"

I don't. The government meddled in the private schools to a point where it doesn't make a whole lot of sense in some states to send the kids there. Plus, so many people are losing their jobs, paying more for their health insurance, and getting fleeced in so many other ways tht they don't have the money to send their kids to private schools anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by JuniusJnr

I don't. The government meddled in the private schools to a point where it doesn't make a whole lot of sense in some states to send the kids there. Plus, so many people are losing their jobs, paying more for their health insurance, and getting fleeced in so many other ways tht they don't have the money to send their kids to private schools anymore.
    The reason I said I found it hard to believe was that during the last round of school reassignments there were a lot of parents who were talking about taking their kids out of schools.

Maybe the trend is changing back, then. I know that my son would love to get his kids out of the public schools but he can't afford to do it. And he makes pretty good money. Those property taxes tacked onto the mortgage payment gobble up quite a bit.