Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Why The U.S. Should Help Illegal Mexican Immigrants

http://www.bestsyndication.com

Why The U.S. Should Help Illegal Mexican Immigrants - Immigration
    May 8th 2006

US Mexico Border Fence

I am Christian, Conservative, and Republican. Having said that, let me say that we are committing a great injustice in how we are dealing with Mexican immigration and the status of illegal Mexican workers in the United States.

Congress and the American people ought to support President Bush’s guest-worker program for illegal Mexican workers in the United States. We do owe something to Mexico and its people.

In the 19th century our nation, which was experiencing great industrial, technological and economic growth, sought to expand to the Pacific Ocean. But, there was one big problem. Mexico was in the way. Western land belonged to Mexico.

So, we invented a doctrine called manifest destiny that said the nation that could better use the land had the right to it. We forcibly took what is now California, Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas from Mexico. This was raw aggression and it was morally wrong. Comment on this article at our Forum

When we seized these lands from Mexico they first became U.S. territories ruled directly by the federal government. Afterwards, when enough Americans from other parts of the country settled into these territories, the federal government in Washington allowed the people in the territories to vote on statehood and to have their own individual state governments.

We can partly correct the great injustice and wrong which we committed against Mexico by giving legal status to Mexican workers, many of whom are doing jobs Americans refuse to do. Most of the illegal Mexican workers are hard working and are already paying taxes from money withdrawn from their paychecks. They have already contributed billions to the U.S. economy and into social security. Only a small percentage of the total illegals are in jail or on welfare.

Yes, we should protect our borders from illegal entry, but for those illegal immigrants who have already been here for years, let us do what's right and help these people to become legal.

Here's a link to a forum if you want to leave this idiot a message.

http://bestsyndication.com/v-web/bullet ... =8749#8749
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

What a load of B.S. Mexico's present problems have little to do American Manifest Destiny. Look at other countries, Japan has little natural resources, they have none of the mineral wealth, oil and gas reserves, agricultural lands, tourist destinations, etc. that Mexico has and they are a world super power. Yet Mexico has 100 times far more resources and they are a third world dump. It has to do with the people and the government they allow to maintain power. When your main export is poverty, drugs and criminals what do you expect?

If Mexico had no natural resources that would be one thing, but they have the 12th largest GDP in the world and all the resources available to make their country sustainable, but they have chosen as a matter of public policy to keep their poor illiterate, impoverished and uneducated. Only they can reverse this situation, but they choose instead to foist all their social ills on the U.S., simply to keep their elite few rich and powerful. Their problems are of their own making, quit blaming the U.S. for all their troubles.
    [b][i][size=117]"Leave like beaten rats. You old white people. It is your duty to die. Through love of having children, we are going to take over.â€

Banned
    My message...

It would probably behoove you to study a little more in-depth the machinations of the Mexican-American War before you blithely spout the latest Aztlan talking points.

Even if America DID steal the land, which would make the $15 MILLION pricetag irrelevant, how are today's citizens supposed to be held responsible for transgressions taking place 100+ years before their very birth? My family did not get to these shores until 1880 (Legally, I might add) so not even my BLOODLINE is guilty. Why should I or my children have to PAY for something we didn't even do?

I hope you noticed that last question. Sounds kinda like the 'anchor baby' lament, doesn't it? What's good for the goose, they say....

Right, if it had anything at all to do with the "land", just south of the border would be a Mexican Paradise. Same terrain. But not the same people.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This editorial is so lame, it's not even worth responding to.
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!

Ditto, wavtek...

MJ