Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Woman describes being hit by car inside Applebee's

Posted: Apr 03, 2015 2:12 PM PST Updated: Apr 03, 2015 2:31 PM PST
    By WAFF.com Staff

A driver crashed his SUV into the side of Applebee's in Guntersville. (Source: WAFF) A driver crashed his SUV into the side of Applebee's in Guntersville. (Source: WAFF)

GUNTERSVILLE, AL (WAFF) -

A 19-year-old illegal immigrant now has a $200,000 bond after he was charged with running into a Guntersville restaurant injuring a worker there.

1 taken to hospital, driver charged with DUI after SUV crashes into Applebee's
    Adres Carmelo-Perez crashed his vehicle into the side of the Applebee's in Guntersville Thursday is being held on a $200,000 dollar bond following a hearing Friday afternoon.

He's been charged with both felony and misdemeanor leaving the scene of an accident, second degree assault, and DUI.

More traffic charges are expected.

One Applebee's employee was injured during the crash.

"It's probably the worst first day I've ever had on a job," said Madison Murphy.

Murphy said she had just finished her paperwork and was joking with some employees when Carmelo-Perez, charged with drunken driving, hit four cars before plowing into Applebee's.

"All of a sudden I look over and all their faces go white and they're running and I didn't know what was going on," said Murphy. "Before I could even turn around I get slung across the room and a car's through the window and it hit me."

Thrown to the ground, Murphy said she realized it wasn't good based on what others were saying.

Murphy said she heard them say, "She's bleeding, she's bleeding... Someone call so and so."

"I couldn't open my eye," she said. "I couldn't figure what was going on. I was afraid I lost an eye."

Murphy was taken to the hospital while Carmelo-Perez was taken Friday before a judge who set bond at $200,000 noting he is a flight risk.

Meanwhile Murphy is recovering but plans to go back to work.

"They were like, 'are you going to come back?' I was like, well yeah, I'll come back," said Murphy. "I don't expect to get hit with a car every time I come in."

http://www.waff.com/story/28717722/w...side-applebees
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Just another avoidable accident sanctioned and arranged by the United states of America government. Stay tuned, do not touch that dial, more exciting things coming very soon from the same sponsor. This episode sponsored by the voters of the USA!!