Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Woman Disappears While Crossing Mexican Border En Route to N

NEW YORK — More than five months have passed since a woman disappeared while crossing the Mexican border to reunite with family in New York City and attend her daughter's wedding.

The Mexican Consulate in New York tells El Diario/La Prensa it has been trying to locate the woman.

Guadalupe Hernandez said Friday that her mother, Concepcion Tlatenchi, last made contact with her by text message on July 30. Her mother said she was in Sonora, trying to cross the border illegally.

Hernandez says her 46-year-old mother was supposed to be at her Aug. 29 wedding in Pennsylvania. But she never arrived.

Since then, Hernandez says she has been desperately seeking information about her mother's whereabouts.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,582 ... latestnews
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

I'm sorry this woman is missing but can't help but believe that once she reached the US her intent was to stay here.

Otherwise, that's an awful lot of trouble to go through to attend a wedding which could've been held in Mexico.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I wouldn't ask my mother to break the law.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by azwreath
    I'm sorry this woman is missing but can't help but believe that once she reached the US her intent was to stay here.

Otherwise, that's an awful lot of trouble to go through to attend a wedding which could've been held in Mexico.
    Ahhhhh.....but then the entire wedding party would have to leave the USA which would mean they would have to re-enter ILLEGALLY. So in that case it is more practical for the mother to come to USA. Weddings, and wedding dresses are dirt cheap in Mexico. But the cost of paying the coyotes to re-enter would off-set the savings.

Quote Originally Posted by redpony353
    Quote Originally Posted by azwreath

Ahhhhh.....but then the entire wedding party would have to leave the USA which would mean they would have to re-enter ILLEGALLY. So in that case it is more practical for the mother to come to USA. Weddings, and wedding dresses are dirt cheap in Mexico.

But the cost of paying the coyotes to re-enter would off-set the savings

If you ever want to make a Mexican laugh, run THAT one by them That they need to pay coyotes each and every time they cross the border is as big a "myth".....as my husband's friend Pancho calls it.....as the ones which would have us believe that they don't avail themselves of public benefits or commit crimes in any great numbers.

While there are very specific circumstances when coyotes are utilized....newcomers are the biggest customers.......the vast majority, especially those in border states like here in AZ, go back and forth across that border with as much help they'd need from a smuggler in going to a grocery store

Prime examples of this are the numbers which go home for the holidays driving their nice expensive vehicles laden down with gifts, the thousands of those who take their trucks and low riders over on a regular basis for the big "show-off parades", the God knows how many who drive back and forth for work every single day, the thousands of Mexican kids who are either driven over or walk in to sit in our schools.

In this development I manage, we've seen one example of it after another. Illegal aliens just jumping into the car and going home for the weekends, during the summer, special occasions or whatever, dividing their time between here and businesses over there, illegal alien kids being picked up and brought over for the school year to live with relatives.....we even had one who owned a ranch in Mexico and every weekend during rodeo season he'd leave on Thursday, pick up his horses, and be back here...horse trailer and all....by Saturday morning ready to compete.

They actually find it quite funny that we "stupid gringos" believe that they need coyotes to bring them back and forth all the time.

I hope you are able to check their IDs in some fashion before renting to them.
    In FL, managing a bunch of rental units in summer when the owner was away, I always collected rent, and the non-English speaking Hispanics would invite me in. My biggest surprise was in a well-kept cottage (very clean) a young rooster walked out of the bedroom.
    A vacation-rental complex my company handled had a few incidents (one when grandma decided to roast a pig in the bathtub, which melted; a few where the barbecue was lit on the balconies and smoked the units above them.) Got plenty more stories...