Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Woman hit by car after Capital Classic; driver awaits deport

Friday January 16, 2009
    Woman hit by car after Capital Classic; driver awaits deportation
    by Ashley B. Craig
    Daily Mail staff
    CHARLESTON, W.Va. -- Police say a Dunbar man accused of driving under the influence and striking a woman with his car after the Capital Classic wasn't who he said he was.

Gallery [+] Enlarge
    West Virginia Regional Jail and Correctional Facility Authority Adan Zamudio Escalante was arrested Wednesday night.
    Adan Zamudio Escalante was arrested Wednesday night after he struck a pedestrian on Quarrier Street following the Capital Classic men's basketball game at the Charleston Civic Center, said Sgt. Shawn Williams of the Charleston Police Department.

The incident happened about 10:30 p.m.

The pedestrian was identified as Tiffany Fowler, who had just left the Civic Center after watching the game, police said.

Williams said Fowler was transported to Charleston Area Medical Center's General Hospital and treated for non-life threatening injuries.

"It could have been much more tragic than it already is," Williams said. Escalante, of Park Drive in Dunbar, was driving a borrowed Ford Taurus when he struck Fowler as she was crossing the street, police said.

Williams said Escalante's blood alcohol content was found to be .258, more than three times the legal limit.

Escalante told police at the scene that his name was Victor Arismendi Giron and that he was heading home from his job at the Rio Grande restaurant in downtown Charleston, Williams said.

He was arrested and taken to Kanawha Magistrate Court for arraignment.

CHARLESTON, W.Va. -- Police say a Dunbar man accused of driving under the influence and striking a woman with his car after the Capital Classic wasn't who he said he was.
    Adan Zamudio Escalante was arrested Wednesday night after he struck a pedestrian on Quarrier Street following the Capital Classic men's basketball game at the Charleston Civic Center, said Sgt. Shawn Williams of the Charleston Police Department.

The incident happened about 10:30 p.m.

The pedestrian was identified as Tiffany Fowler, who had just left the Civic Center after watching the game, police said.

Williams said Fowler was transported to Charleston Area Medical Center's General Hospital and treated for non-life threatening injuries.

"It could have been much more tragic than it already is," Williams said. Escalante, of Park Drive in Dunbar, was driving a borrowed Ford Taurus when he struck Fowler as she was crossing the street, police said.

Williams said Escalante's blood alcohol content was found to be .258, more than three times the legal limit.

Escalante told police at the scene that his name was Victor Arismendi Giron and that he was heading home from his job at the Rio Grande restaurant in downtown Charleston, Williams said.

He was arrested and taken to Kanawha Magistrate Court for arraignment.

There, he encountered Dunbar Police Chief Bill Moss, who recognized him from a previous encounter and identified him as Escalante, according to a complaint filed in Kanawha Magistrate Court.

The chief told detectives he believed Escalante had given them a false name, the complaint said.

Police found the man had been arrested in Nitro in 2003 and were able to positively identify him as Escalante after checking his fingerprints through the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the complaint said.

As he was being arrested, however, Escalante had signed court documents and three fingerprint cards using the name Giron, the complaint said.

Officers then checked Escalante's records through the National Crime Information Center and found that he had been deported from the U.S. in 2005 and several times since then, according to the complaint.

Escalante has been charged with driving under the influence, DUI causing bodily injury and eight counts of forgery of public documents.

He is being held at South Central Regional Jail where he is awaiting deportation.

Contact writer Ashley B. Craig at 304-348-4850 or ashley.cr...@dailymail.com.

There, he encountered Dunbar Police Chief Bill Moss, who recognized him from a previous encounter and identified him as Escalante, according to a complaint filed in Kanawha Magistrate Court.

Gallery [+] Enlarge
    West Virginia Regional Jail and Correctional Facility Authority Adan Zamudio Escalante was arrested Wednesday night.
    The chief told detectives he believed Escalante had given them a false name, the complaint said.

Police found the man had been arrested in Nitro in 2003 and were able to positively identify him as Escalante after checking his fingerprints through the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the complaint said.

As he was being arrested, however, Escalante had signed court documents and three fingerprint cards using the name Giron, the complaint said.

Officers then checked Escalante's records through the National Crime Information Center and found that he had been deported from the U.S. in 2005 and several times since then, according to the complaint.

Escalante has been charged with driving under the influence, DUI causing bodily injury and eight counts of forgery of public documents.

He is being held at South Central Regional Jail where he is awaiting deportation.

Contact writer Ashley B. Craig at 304-348-4850 or ashley.cr...@dailymail.com.

http://www.dailymail.com/policebrfs/200901150999

I hope they confiscate the "borrowed" car and go after his employer too. I hope she sues the bejesus out of him. Why not? He may have a house, bank accounts, etc. Take everything he owns and leave him with nothing, jail first for him and deportation for his entire family now and for him when he gets out of jail.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    I hope they confiscate the "borrowed" car and go after his employer too. I hope she sues the bejesus out of him. Why not? He may have a house, bank accounts, etc. Take everything he owns and leave him with nothing, jail first for him and deportation for his entire family now and for him when he gets out of jail.
    Immagine that... An illegal lying about his name. I bet that's never happened before...whadda you think?

So the punishment is to just deport him so he can come right back and kill the next person he his while driving drunk?
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    So the punishment is to just deport him so he can come right back and kill the next person he his while driving drunk?
    Exactly. How many days do you think it will be before he's back? And drinking and driving again?

You mean how many hours? I think..
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

The only reason I said days, instead of hours, was because I was allowing him time to actually get back to West Virginia.

Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticMe
    The only reason I said days, instead of hours, was because I was allowing him time to actually get back to West Virginia.
    I understand illegals can fly these days with out any problem

Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticMe
    I understand illegals can fly these days with out any problem
    lol...funny...but not, ya know?