Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

English language poll

a. Yes
    (94%)

b. No
    (4%)

c. Not sure
    (2%)

Would it be good for the U.S. economy to make English the 'official' language of the United States?

a. Yes (94%)

b. No (4%)

c. Not sure (2%)

59,597 total votes
    With so many other countries having forced English as a school course on their kids, and so many using English as the language in which they conduct international business, it would be pretty stupid to change it, wouldn't it?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Junius:

Yes, would be pretty stupid, but then look who is in the White House, a man who like many illegal aliens admits to not reading.

Pinto Bean
    Keep the spirit of a child alive in your heart, and you can still spy the shadow of a unicorn when walking through the woods.

Voted yes! I'm sick and tired of having to press 1 for English.
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

Why is even this an issue? Because we have allowed it!
    In the Dallas area a dean at a public school will need to be bilingual so he can talk to the parents of the kids.
    These are the parents which dont, cant, or refuse to speak english! Again, THIS IS IN THE US PUBLIC SCHOOL SYSTEM!!!!
    How do we allow such things to happen!!!!!!!!!!!!
    We will need to speak spanish soon. OK, it is nice to know languages ,but you should not have to speak another one to make a living in your own country! DUH, wake up and smell the coffee America! Enough is enough!
    Here is Vegas, people will speak to me in spanish and expect a reply in spanish. I look "anglo" and do speak spanish, but I refuse to reply in anything but english.
    Wish everyone would do that instead of catering to hispanics. They know how to play the game and they are winning. Now claim that the have billions of dollars in buying power and business better reply in spanish!
    Just another way the american public is getting the SHAFT!

Just my .2c worth
    By damaging us, you damage yourselves!

http://www.siliconeer.com/past_issues/2 ... form_1.jpg

Would it be good for the U.S. economy to make English the 'official' language of the United States?

a. Yes (94%)

b. No (4%)

c. Not sure (2%)

67,588 total votes
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    VegasVic,

Your message would've got more traffic in the General Discussion area, polls are just about voting. I understand your frustration, I lived in Vegas way back before the LAST amnesty. and almost regret leaving. Welcome to ALIPAC, if I can help let me know.

Pine

Looks like run away best seller!

a. Yes (94%)

b. No (4%)

c. Not sure (2%)

74,531 total votes
    Keep the spirit of a child alive in your heart, and you can still spy the shadow of a unicorn when walking through the woods.

I'm new here and I voted for English. But I wonder. Do the immigrants think we Americans are stuck up and arrogant just because we won't learn their language? If so thats total hogwash.

I mean. If I, an American, went to France. And expected, no, DEMANDED, all the French folk there to speak english to me and they might not know the english language? I'd be a total arrogant bastard! What is wrong with these people?

Not to mention English is the universal language. Its the language of commerce. You wanna survive? You want your business to survive? You best learn english.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast