Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

14 People Charged With Illegally Purchasing 77M Cigarettes

14 People Charged With Illegally Purchasing 77M Cigarettes

Thursday, November 05, 2009

FALLS CHURCH, Va. — Fourteen people have been charged with illegally purchasing 77 million contraband cigarettes from undercover agents in Virginia and smuggling the cigarettes to New York.

Two are also accused of paying an agent posing as a hit man to kill a husband and wife whom they believed had stolen from them.

The indictments handed up Thursday in federal court in Alexandria are the culmination of a yearlong investigation.

Authorities say the smuggling ring paid $8 million plus guns and drugs to the undercover agents for the cigarettes.

Cigarette smuggling has increased in recent years as high taxes in New York and elsewhere have made the crime more profitable.

The defendants lived in Virginia, Maryland, New York and the District of Columbia.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,572365,00.html
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The government gets to keep the money and cigarettes.

I hope they sell the cigarettes for a nice profit.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I'll buy some! As long as they have my brand!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Oh great. Now we have criminals selling cigarettes. As if we didnt have enough problems. The tax is too high FGS. Now there is a black market profit. So how much will it cost to chase around this new smuggling business that our government created?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2
    The government gets to keep the money and cigarettes.

I hope they sell the cigarettes for a nice profit.
    They are already getting a nice profit...now they have pushed things over the edge. What we dont need are more criminals killing each other in the street and that is where we are going. And the cigarettes came from agents in the first place didnt they? So they had to buy them from someone. So I dont think they make a profit. Oh ....except the mob level taxes they charge.