With the 2nd Amendment you must make a stand… neutrality has no place

Posted by Joe For America on Feb 17, 2014 in 2nd Amendment

I came across this video and article the other day at LibertyUnyielding.com concerning the group Evolve, some sort of gun safety organization.

I say it like that because I have a feeling they are simply a front for a gun control platform. According to their own FAQ section, they are happy to work with known anti gun entities in order to promote their agenda.

Their agenda though, is the common tripe that gun controllers always like to espouse, “safety, children, blah blah blah”. Yes, safety is important and no one wants to see children as the victims of gun violence but does Evolve’s so called “neutrality” do anything different than gun controllers?

Just take a look at the aforementioned FAQ from Evolve’s website:

IS EVOLVE FOR OR AGAINST BANS ON ASSAULT RIFLES AND STANDARD CAPACITY MAGAZINES?

Evolve does not address legislative issues, but instead focuses on exerting social pressures in order to persuade individuals to voluntarily adopt the most responsible gun safety behaviors in the context of their lives and communities.

Basically, from what it sounds like, Evolve wants to pressure gun owners to voluntarily give up their weapons…for the community’s benefit.

And if you look at Evovle’s “code”, while some things are good, like talking to your kids about firearms, others hint of nefarious control. For instance, “I will keep all my guns unloaded, locked and properly stored when not in use.”

To me, that just seems like it would be awfully hard to get to if you ever find yourself in need. A real gun owner wouldn’t abide by such ironclad statements. By all means properly store your guns when not in use, but this nanny state overreaction to what you should do with your guns when not currently is use smacks of gun controlism. In the harshest climes for gun rights forcing your weapon to be all but disassembled while in your house is a common stipulation.

Also, the first part of the code bothers me, “I believe that owning a gun is NOT just a right. It’s a responsibility.”

Now, one should be a responsible gun owner, but the notion of semantically dissecting and lessening the right of gun ownership just seems a slippery slope that should be avoided. Quite frankly, for more than a century our right to keep and bear arms has been eroded and chipped away, anyone whose belief is for gun rights should avoid helping such erosion.

And though Evolve says they are to be above politics and legislation their code would indicate otherwise. With some states pushing for a penalty on gun owners who do not report thefts within a given amount of time, Evolve has as part of its code: “I will be answerable for every gun I own at all times.”

On top of all this, much like a Pace Picante Salsa commercial, of all the places Evolve chooses to be located in they choose New York City.

And while I am sure there are people in New York city who know good salsa just as there are those who believe in the 2nd Amendment yet are forced to live under the yolk of tyranny, a supposedly neutral gun organization that chooses to headquarter in one of the most gun oppressive cities in the nation gives a person pause…and I don’t mean New York city outer borough, their mailing address is smack in the lower part of midtown Manhattan.

Evolve said they formed around the kitchen table. I question a “neutral” gun organization that forms around any table in midtown Manhattan.

Read more at BulletsFirst.net.

Read more at http://joeforamerica.com/2014/02/2nd...eE51PtJxvpb.99