Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

46% More Likely To Buy Ford ‘Cause It Didn’t Get A Bailo

46% More Likely To Buy Ford ‘Cause It Didn’t Get A Bailout

Monday, July 27, 2009

Public opposition to the auto bailouts may translating into consumer buying decisions, with 46% of Americans now saying they are more likely to buy a car from Ford because it did not take government money to stay in business.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 13% say they are less likely to buy a Ford because the company didn’t receive a bailout, and 37% say it has no impact on their car buying.

At the same time, nearly one-out-of-five Americans (19%) say someone in their family or a friend has chosen not to buy a car from GM or Chrysler because they took bailout money.

Fifty-six percent (56%) say family or friends have not steered clear of GM or Chrysler for this reason, but 26% are not sure.

Most Americans (53%) continue to believe that it is at least somewhat likely that the government, now that it has substantial ownership stakes in GM and Chrysler, will pass laws and regulations giving those two automakers an unfair advantage over Ford.

Thirty percent (30%) say it’s very likely. This suspicion has lessened slightly since May.

However, one-out-of-three investors (33%) say it is very likely that the government will give an unfair advantage to the bailed-out automakers.

GM’s recent emergence from bankruptcy with government help seems to have done little to change Americans’ minds. Only 17% say they are more likely to buy a GM car now that the company is out of bankruptcy, while 22% say they are less likely to do so. Fifty-nine percent (59%) say the end of GM’s bankruptcy has no impact on their buying decisions.

Just 13% of Americans say someone in their family or one of their friends has bought a car from Ford recently because it did not take a government bailout. For 73%, that’s not the case, and 14% aren’t sure.

Fifty-one percent (51%) of investors are more likely to buy a Ford, compared to 41% of non-investors.

Those working in the private sector by 11 points over government employees give the nod to Ford because it didn’t seek a bailout.

Investors and private sector employees also are less likely to buy a GM car even though the automaker has emerged from bankruptcy.

In June, only 42% of those who currently own a GM car said they were even somewhat likely to buy a GM product for their next car.

Forty-one percent (41%) of Americans expect the quality of GM cars to get worse now that the federal government is the company’s majority owner. Just 19% believe the quality of GM cars will improve.

Most Americans have consistently opposed bailouts for the troubled automakers since they were first proposed late last year.

Only 26% of Americans say it was a good idea for the federal government to take ownership of GM as the auto giant was on the verge of collapse.

Seventeen percent (17%) say Americans should protest the bailout by boycotting GM and refusing to buy its cars.

Eighty percent (80%) of voters want the government to sell its stake in General Motors and Chrysler as soon as possible.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_ ... _a_bailout

I will never buy a GM vehicle again.

When I do buy a new car, my first criteria will be this: Is it made in America by Americans?

Second of course, is gas mileage. It is imperative that we do all in our power to get the oil monkey off our backs!!!
    <div>
    </div>

Re: 46% More Likely To Buy Ford ‘Cause It Didn’t Get A B

Looks like I'm NOT the only one that refuses to buy from Government Motors!
    They can throw in my own illegal maid as a perk and it still won't change my mind.
    Get the word out, protectionism needs to be filtered further than just our country!
    It has to be our country and NOT Our Corrupt Power-Grabbing Government!
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Quote Originally Posted by melena29
    It is imperative that we do all in our power to get the oil monkey off our backs!!!

The monkey on our back is our own LYING GOVERNMENT!
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

When I do buy a new car, my first criteria will be this: Is it made in America by Americans?

Second of course, is gas mileage. It is imperative that we do all in our power to get the oil monkey off our backs!!!
    LOL...there may not be a car made in America by Americans the next time you're looking for a car. While Ford still qualifies, they also support to la raza which really bothers me.

In all fairness, I must disclose that I drive a Ford, 2001 Mustang. I purchased it brand new in 2001. I was not aware of the la raza connection when I bought it. Although it has been a good car, with very few problems, I do not know if I would buy another Ford, specifically because of their support of la raza.

Maybe I will buy a Harley and ditch cars all together.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

ELE

What to do?

We don't want tp buy from Gov't motors either. And Ford supports La Raza. So what's left? I can't see my 86 year old father-in-law riding on the back of a Harley. Yikes. smile.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno

LOL...there may not be a car made in America by Americans the next time you're looking for a car. While Ford still qualifies, they also support to la raza which really bothers me.

In all fairness, I must disclose that I drive a Ford, 2001 Mustang. I purchased it brand new in 2001. I was not aware of the la raza connection when I bought it. Although it has been a good car, with very few problems, I do not know if I would buy another Ford, specifically because of their support of la raza.

Maybe I will buy a Harley and ditch cars all together.
    I beg to differ, NoBueno. If we all put our money where our mouths are we can get back on the right track and bring manufacturing back to the country. If that means boycotting Ford, GM, and whoever else is gunning for our destruction, then so be it.

Will it be easy? No.
    Will it be costly? Yes. however not as costly as losing this nation.
    Will it be uncomfortable? You better believe it!
    Will it be worth it? Rhetorical question, as we all know the obvious answer is a resounding HELL YES!!!
    <div>
    </div>

Beg to differ about what? That Ford supports la raza? that GM is run by the government? That Chrysler took a government bailout and cannot produce a quality vehicle?

Aren't we saying the same thing?

I don't disagree with anything your saying melana. I'm all for manufacturing in this country. At the end of world war II, the United States manufactured something like 70% of worlds goods. Today, it's less than 20%. So I agree and understand the importance of manufacturing in this country. It creates jobs, sustains economies ( mainly our own), and provides self-sufficiency.

But the big three have had a thirty year run in which they have managed to remain unprofitable! I have no problems with buying American, but i'm not going to give my money (I work hard for my money too) to a company that associates with an organization intent on balkanizing this country. I will not spend my money on an inferior product in order to support some union guy, making $70,000 a year installing headlamps on an assembly line.

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    Beg to differ about what? That Ford supports la raza? that GM is run by the government? That Chrysler took a government bailout and cannot produce a quality vehicle?

Aren't we saying the same thing?

I don't disagree with anything your saying melana. I'm all for manufacturing in this country. At the end of world war II, the United States manufactured something like 70% of worlds goods. Today, it's less than 20%. So I agree and understand the importance of manufacturing in this country. It creates jobs, sustains economies ( mainly our own), and provides self-sufficiency.

But the big three have had a thirty year run in which they have managed to remain unprofitable! I have no problems with buying American, but i'm not going to give my money (I work hard for my money too) to a company that associates with an organization intent on balkanizing this country. I will not spend my money on an inferior product in order to support some union guy, making $70,000 a year installing headlamps on an assembly line.
    Yes, it turns out we are on exactly the same page. I took your comment to mean that my suggestions might be ineffective, and that we may never get our manufacturing base back. It is my personal belief that there is nothing we Americans can't do, and that when all is said and done the rest of the world will stand in awe of how we handle this fiasco. Also, the information you have provided regarding Ford insures that I will never, ever, buy one of their vehicles.

It has been my experience that because these issues are of such importance to us, we often misstate ourselves, or we misinterpret what we read and hear.

My apologies to you, my fellow American. Now let's go kick some @$$!!!
    <div>
    </div>

We are definitely on the same page melena. And the irony is that I would have no problems buying another Ford, but for their association with la raza. In fact, I would love to buy another Ford, but will not, so long as they are giving my money to la raza. I cannot do it!

The flip side of that is there are those who will choose to buy a Ford simply because they do support la raza. I suspect Ford figures most Americans will not care. In my case they are wrong.

My Mustang has been a pretty good car, even though it has just under 70,000 miles on it. No major problems to speak of. Hopefully, I will not have to buy another car for a few years. Perhaps by then, Ford will have come to their senses!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast