Anti-Religious Forces Continue Infiltrating The Air Force: Drops ‘So Help Me God’ From Oaths

By Joseph R. Carducci on November 20, 2013 Subscribe to Joseph R. Carducci's Feed

Does it seem to anyone else that ever since Obama has become president there has been a very subtle (and even sometimes not so subtle) effort directed at the undermining of our traditional religious values? Perhaps it is just me, but when I see our ‘amazing’ community organizer in chief bowing in front the King of Saudi Arabia and then failing to support Israel on, well, anything of importance during the entire course of both his terms it really makes me start to wonder.

It could certainly now be argued that Obama is definitely anti-religion. Well, he loves Islam, so perhaps it would be more accurate to say that he just simply does not like Christianity and Judaism. After all, remember back to the campaigns when he so gleefully asserted that America was no longer a Christian country? Just the other day when he recited the Gettysburg Address he even failed to include the words about God at the end.
Now, we are continuing to see this anti-religion movement expanding into other traditional American institutions. The latest on the hit list appears to be the Air Force. The US Air Force Academy has just recently admitted that they removed the phrase “so help me God” from three oaths in their 2012 official cadet handbook. Of course, it took a letter sent and signed by 28 members of Congress to the academy superintendent Lt. General Michelle Johnson demanding to know why this phrase was removed.
According to the lawmakers including Representative Jim Bridenstein (Rep, OK), who drafted the letter, this phrase was removed from three different oaths in the handbook. This includes the Cadet’s Oath of Allegiance, the Oath of Office for Officers, and even the Oath of Enlistment. They further contend that while the Constitution certainly does not permit the establishment of religion, this phrase itself falls far short of that standard and that there is no legal reason for removing these words from the oaths.

The Air Force responded with a spokesman saying that this was a simple mistake. Actually, he termed it an “editorial oversight.” The explanation also contends that the Air Force only learned of this situation within the last few weeks. There was, according to the spokesman, no reasoning or forethought behind this and that the next years edition of the cadet handbook will have the phrase restored.
It is hard to believe this story given the recent history of the Air Force on this issue, however. Just last month they even decided to make these very same words an optional part of the Honor Oath. The lawmakers were also concerned about this and directed Johnson to provide information regarding why changes were made to the oath and also why a poster bearing these very same words was removed from the Academy.
Johnson has even gone so far as release her own statement. This affirms the right of all Airmen to “freely practice and exercise their religious preference—or not.” Very interesting…and revealing about the anti-religious culture that is seeping into more and more of our institutions ever since Obama has come to office.
What do YOU think? Is all of this an organized campaign by Obama designed to remove Christianity from our institutions? What do you think would be a proper response to all of this? What could be Obama’s motivation for this…other than a hatred toward Christianity?

http://downtrend.com/jrc410/anti-rel...od-from-oaths/