Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Armed Feds Prepare For Showdown With Nevada Cattle Rancher

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Bundy says land not owned by Feds

Ross Andreson/Elko Daily Free Press

Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy tells his story Thursday night at the Elko High Desert Inn.

September 12, 2014 6:00 am • By Dylan Woolf Harris

ELKO — The Elko tea party opted to endorse Janine Hansen for U.S. Congress over Republican incumbent Mark Amodeiç

ELKO — Controversial figure Cliven Bundy said Thursday a transfer of public land from federal to state control was unnecessary, on grounds that Nevada already has a right to most of the land.
    Many local officials advocate for such a transfer, but Bundy said you can’t ask for something you already own.
    The Southern Nevada rancher was met by a welcoming crowd in Elko Thursday evening at a tea party-sponsored gathering. Attendees were told by organizers they would have the opportunity to hear his side of the story.
    Bundy gained notoriety during a rangeland dispute last spring and made national headlines. But he disputed owing more than $1 million in grazing fees, as reported.
    “I don’t run my cows on United States government land, I run my cows in the state of Nevada and Clark County,” he said. “And besides, if the federal government says I owe, why don’t they give me a bill? And why don’t they collect that bill?”
    In Bundy’s eyes, the U.S. Constitution prevents the federal government from having a legal claim to the majority of land in the state.
    More than 84 percent of land in Nevada is managed by the federal government.
    Bundy told attendees about how 100 federal officers, armed with guns and gear, first arrived to his ranch in April. He said officers abused his family during the first few days of the roundup, including an instance when his son was hit with a Taser gun, then hauled off in handcuffs for trying to take a photograph of captured cattle.
    Bundy’s talk was infused with religious overtones, such as crediting his “Heavenly Father” for helping him in the struggle.
    According to The Associated Press, the government reduced grazing on the Bunkerville allotment to 150 cows due to concern over the welfare of the threatened desert tortoise.
    Bundy continued to run cattle on the range but stopped paying fees. About a year later, his permit was revoked.
    Bundy continued to graze, however, without paying grazing fees, and the BLM calculated a $1.1 million debt owned by the rancher.
    Two federal judge rulings sided with the BLM, however, and the government organized a cattle gathering that began in early April.
    In addition to disagreeing with the BLM’s legal arguments and arguing that his family had grazed in the area since the 1870s, the rancher said the government’s decision to send armed agents for the roundup was an overreaction.
    Furthermore, “free speech zones” set up by the BLM incensed supporters, who considered it a form of censorship and a trampling of their First Amendment rights.
    Within days, people rallied to back the rancher, who had vowed to “do whatever it takes” to keep the BLM from gathering his cows, according to the AP.
    At Thursday’s event, Bundy disputed claims that militia pointed firearms at federal officers.
    Politicians began weighing in on the showdown between armed militia members and federal officers.
    Neil Kornze, BLM director and former Elko resident, called off the roundup on April 12, due to growing concerns for the safety of those involved. Impounded cattle were released. According to Bundy, “three old ladies,” not the BLM, unlatched the pen holding his cows.
    Many people who attended the event sympathized with Bundy’s sentiments.
    “I don’t support the military coming in,” Steve Dennin said before the event.
    Mike Katsonis agreed that military force was unnecessary, and said he would like to see a change in how the lands are managed.
    “We need to have the BLM lands taken out of federal hands and given to the states,” he said.
    John Viergutz compared the federal overreach to Soviet-era Russia.
    Janet Beeler said Bundy had been unjustly painted as a criminal.
    At least one attendee disagreed that Bundy was in the right, however.
    Tonya Garfield attended the event because she is studying agriculture, and said the Bundy dispute has led to lively debates in her classes. The daughter of a rancher, she’s concerned about the impact of Bundy’s actions for the rest of the state’s ranchers.
    “I think (Bundy) should have paid his grazing fees,” she said. “He’s giving all of us in agriculture and the Nevada cowboys a bad name.”

Free Press reporter Elaine Bassier contributed to this story.

http://elkodaily.com/news/bundy-says-land-not-owned-by-feds/article_280e5e56-3a36-11e4-a28a-db1935d48793.html

The Elko tea party opted to endorse Janine Hansen for U.S. Congress!!!!
    Local tea party backs third-party candidate for Congress

ELKO — The Elko tea party opted to endorse Janine Hansen for U.S. Congress over Republican incumbent Mark Amodei, and challenged him to debate… Read more

Banned
    Stewart Rhodes (Oath Keepers): ‘Marines Were Ready To Fight Feds On Bundy Ranch’

October 1, 2014

THE NATIONAL PRESS CLUB–WASHINGTON, D.C.— Stewart Rhodes, president of Oath Keepers, makes it clear that unlike at Waco, TX., well-trained Americans who keep their oath to the U.S. Constitution were ready to fight government oath-breakers on the Bundy ranch.– September 17, 2014

Read more at http://libertycrier.com/stewart-rhod...wYpAX6FC0Mv.99

Happy Constitution Day September 17th 1787
    Last edited by kathyet2; 10-01-2014 at 09:32 AM.

Banned
    [Watch] Sen Jeff Sessions – We Have Ways of Stopping Lawless Obama Amnesty, One Is Due By Dec 11th →

[Watch] Bundy Ranch Again Under Attack By Feds, Once Again Bundy’s Stand Their Ground

Posted on 7 November, 2014 by Rick Wells

The Bundy Ranch is once again in the cross hairs of the feds who want to push them off of the ranch that has been in their family’s hands since before the Bureau of Land Management even existed. The passage of the midterm elections seems to have been a signal for the abusers of power within the Obama regime that it’s open season on the American people. Just like a starter pistol, once the politically sensitive Election Day passed, the now unshackled tyrants have emerged from under their rocks.

The tactic of choice thus far has been an administrative action which has somehow determined that the acreage upon which the Bundy cattle graze, 33 parcels totaling almost two million acres “areas of critical concern.”

Areas of Critical Environmental Concern is a program the BLM established in 1976 with broad criteria upon which a determination can be made to set the land off from use. The language is vague enough and the conditions which must be met sufficiently broad as to allow virtually any piece of property the federal government wants to be so designated, providing them with the “legal” foundation for seizure or removal of human contact.

To be segregated under the ACEC, parcels must meet one condition from each of two categories.

The “Relevance” category requires one of the following conditions:

• A significant historic, cultural, or scenic value.
    • A fish or wildlife resource.
    • A natural process or system (including but not limited to areas supporting rare, endemic, relict, or endangered plant species, or rare geological features)
    • Natural hazards (areas of avalanche, unstable soils, rockfall, etc.)

The second category, “Importance” provides the following opportunities for subjective definition and abuse:

• Has more than locally significant qualities.
    • Has qualities or circumstances that make it fragile, sensitive, irreplaceable, rare, unique, etc.
    • Has been recognized as warranting protection to satisfy national priority concerns or to carry out the mandates of the Federal Land Policy and Management Act.
    • Has qualities which warrant concern about safety and public welfare.
    • Poses a significant threat to human life and safety, or to property

The Bundy’s dispute the federal government’s assumed right to manage what are lands which belong to the State of Nevada, and have refused to pay what they believe to be an illegitimate tax levied by an entity upon property which they do not own or have a valid claim to.

They assert as the foundation of their argument, the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution, which says, “The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.”

That is pretty clear language and nowhere in the Constitution is permission to manage or levy a tax upon the State of Nevada’s land granted to the federal government.

The Bundy Family issued a statement in response to the BLM action, stating:

“We are not intimidated by the past action of the federal government nor will we yield to their future attempt to subdue the state or the people. We refuse to submit to unconstitutional codes and regulation that dismantle statehood and deprived our American neighbors of the unalienable right so many of our kinsmen suffered and died for.”

This is the opening blow of round two. It seems certain that another armed standoff is in the works, something that has been expected ever since the sudden pullout of earlier this year by Harry Reid’s BLM. Reid is a stubborn man whose lackey and former Chief of Staff, Neil Kornze, heads up the BLM. It is just a matter of time before he directs his brown shirts to act on Reid’s behalf against the impudence of a mere American commoner, Cliven Bundy.

Rick Wells is a conservative writer who recognizes that our nation, our Constitution and our traditions are under a full scale assault from multiple threats. Please “Like” him on Facebook, “Follow” him on Twitter or visit www.rickwells.us

http://gopthedailydose.com/2014/11/0...their-ground/#
    Last edited by kathyet2; 11-08-2014 at 12:50 PM.

Banned
    There is another new freeway route similar to the Trans Texas Corridor coming into Nevada it is called I-11. It would be very curious to see it if they plan on bringing this through that area eventually. Right now they claim it is supposed to be a new route between Las Vegas and Pheonix, there are signs all over Arizona proclaiming the new I-11 is coming in this corridor!!! Supposedly it will help travel between Nevada and Pheonix Arizona it may but what will it bring with it???? So I am thinking, once it comes from Mexico to Phoenix and then up to Las Vegas, it will continue north right up to the Canadian border.. Through what, Bundys grazing land and his Ranch???? I had read about this plan years ago in the fight against the Trans Texas Corridor, with these corridors the plan is 3, one out in the West, then one in the middle of the Country, and one on the Eastern Seaboard..

People need to wake up what will be coming through our Country with these border freeways, they are planning for us...

They have been working on I-11 for many years because the road between Phoenix and Las Vegas was so deadly.

. . . I-11 History[edit]

As recently as 1997, US 93 was mostly a two-lane road between Phoenix and Las Vegas, and was known for its dangerous curves and hills in the stretch between Wickenburg and I-40.

In the late 1990s, ADOT began widening US 93 to four lanes, and in some areas building a completely new roadway. In other places along the route, ADOT simply repaved the old highway and built two new lanes parallel to it. ADOT also began studying the possibility of adding grade separations to US 93 near the Santa Maria River to make the road a full freeway.

At the same time Nevada and Arizona began looking at US 93's crossing of Hoover Dam, a major bottleneck for regional commerce, with hairpin turns, multiple crosswalks for pedestrians and steep grades. Plans for a bridge to bypass the dam became even more urgent when the road was closed to trucks after September 11, 2001, forcing commercial traffic to detour through Bullhead City, Arizona, and Laughlin, Nevada.

With the completion of the Mike O'Callaghan-Pat Tillman Memorial Bridge in October 2010,[12] the vast majority of the roadway is now a four-lane divided highway. Still, with Phoenix and Las Vegas being the two largest neighboring cities in the United States not connected by interstate highway, leaders in both cities are lobbying to include I-11 in the next Transportation Equity Act reauthorization.

With the rise of the concept of "megapolitan" urban regions, Interstate 11 is considered a key connector to unify the triangle formed by Las Vegas, Phoenix, and the Los Angeles area (the triangle being I-15, I-11 and I-10).[13]

On March 21, 2014, signs for I-11 were installed along the US 93 corridor, making the official involvement of both Nevada's and Arizona's governors to fully build the interstate.[14]

Current status[edit]

The only completed section of I-11 is the Hoover Dam bypass and the I-515 section in Nevada.[citation needed]

However, the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) has approved the Nevada Department of Transportation's (NDOT) environmental review of a bypass around Boulder City, which would connect the end of the recently constructed Hoover Dam bypass east of Boulder City to I-515 west of the town.[15] The first stage of the bypass, which would offer a new connection from I-515 to US 95, began construction in 2012.[16] The second stage will begin construction in 2014, with the whole bypass being completed by 2018.[17] Once built, the Nevada portion of the Interstate 11 corridor will now be a full freeway up from northwest Las Vegas down to the Hoover Dam which will be ready with current interstate standards. All other sections of the corridor are in Arizona, like the 71 miles (114 km) of US 93 south of Hoover Dam, which is now a four-lane route from Kingman to the Hoover Dam.

However, all Arizona portions of the corridor are not built to Interstate highway standards, as there are scattered at-grade intersections, substandard roadway widths, medians, and other deficiencies. Part of the dual roadways are repaved, restriped sections of very-old parts of U.S. 93...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstate_11
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    I know that ..They are only building these roads to help us!!!!

They now call them Smart Growth Opportunity Zones

You can read more at these links...

http://www.alipac.us/f9/20-years-lat...8/#post1445146

http://www.alipac.us/f9/its-back-tex...-3-yea-269499/
    Last edited by kathyet2; 11-10-2014 at 10:10 AM.

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

NO AMNESTY

Posted June 23, 2015 - 12:01am

http://www.alipac.us/f19/%92s-time-h...andoff-320615/

By DAVID JENKINS
    David Jenkins is president of Conservatives for Responsible Stewardship.

http://www.alipac.us/f19/%92s-time-h...andoff-320615/
    NO AMNESTY

Report: Cliven Bundy Faces Conspiracy, Weapons Charges

AP Photo / John Locher

ByCAITLIN MACNEAL Published FEBRUARY 11, 2016, 9:12 AM EST 2523 Views
    Updated at 10:29 a.m.

Cliven Bundy faces charges related to his 2014 standoff with the federal government at his ranch in Nevada, according to a report from The Oregonian.

He reportedly faces weapons charges and a conspiracy charge to impede federal officers, the same charge faced by his sons, Ammon and Ryan Bundy, in connection with their takeover of the federal wildlife refuge in Oregon. The few remaining occupiers have apparently agreed to turn themselves in to federal authorities Thursday morning.

The elder Bundy was arrested on Wednesday night at the Portland airport.

He had arrived to participate in a protest of his sons' arrests.

Federal authorities did not list the charges faced by Cliven Bundy on Wednesday night but reportedly plan to released the charges on Thursday morning.

Cliven Bundy will make his first appearance in court on Thursday afternoon, according to Oregon Public Broadcasting.

In a post from the Citizens for Constitutional Freedom Support Group shared on the Bundy Ranch Facebook page, Bundy supporters said that Cliven Bundy was arrested for charges related to the 2014 showdown in Nevada. Cliven Bundy never faced any consequences for his armed standoff with the federal government.

"Apparently, he faces federal charges related to his standoff with the U.S. Bureau of Land Management in 2014," the Facebook post reads. "The charges include a conspiracy charge to interfere with a federal officer -- the same charge lodged against two of his sons, Ammon and Ryan, for their role in the Jan. 2 takeover of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge in Burns. He also faces weapons charges."

Mike Arnold, the attorney representing Ammon Bundy, was not happy with the timing of Cliven Bundy's arrest.

"I’m wondering who’s in charge," Arnold told Oregon Public Broadcasting Wednesday night. "I’m sort of in frustrated disbelief right now that there’s someone in the federal government right now who thought it was a good idea to arrest Cliven Bundy while (Nevada State Rep.) Michele Fiore was negotiating for the stand down at the refuge."

"If Cliven Bundy can get arrested peacefully without force or violence, then the four remaining at the refuge can feel confident they can walk out unharmed," he then added.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...charges-report
    NO AMNESTY

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920