Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beer Tax

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Beer Tax

O.K. This midwestern boy is GETTING REALLY PISSED OFF!!! I grew up on BEER

BEER DRINKERS - Let's contact these bastards below and stop this nonsense!!!

BID FOR 145% BEER-TAX HIKE

May 21, 2009

WASHINGTON -- Drunk on power and dazed by ambition, members of Congress have stumbled upon a novel way to keep their spending binge rolling -- and leave American taxpayers with the hangover.

Under a Senate proposal, Congress would raise the federal excise tax on beer by 145 percent to more than $3 a case.

Uncle Sam also would snatch an additional $7 on a case of wine -- a staggering increase of 233 percent and an additional 20 percent on hard liquor sales.

"Buzz-kill doesn't even begin to describe this invasion," said a GOP congressional aide.

Not content just sticking it to alcohol drinkers, the lawmakers also proposed slapping new taxes on soda.

Sen. Max Baucus (D-Mont.) and Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) were quick to say they do not necessarily support the proposals they pitched. They were tossing them out there only as options for paying for President Obama's proposed massive government takeover of the health- care industry.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/05212009/ne ... 170336.htm

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    theyre going to bleed you dry one way or onother... first was the smokers and you didnt say anything, then the health care and the cap and trade

suck it down beer and wine drinkers... Obama and the New World Order needs your Monopoly Money
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm against them taxing my cigars, too

They reward illegal activites and illegals yet punish ANYTHING LEGAL. Cigarettes, soda,cigars.beer whatever. It is still legal. Yet illegals getting millions in healthcare,education,free food (on taxpayer's dime) no thats ok. We had really etter wakeup. What the heck is going on????? So bass akwards

One interviewee on CNBC quoted Ronald Reagan: if it moves, tax it; if it keeps moving, regulate it, and if it stops moving subsidize it. We are well on that path.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Illegals seem to get sll the benefits. What crap!!!

If we dont stand up to these people, they will continue on this path. Dont get suprised if they start taxing milk because it has unhealthy chemicals and hormones in it.....to pay for the healthcare costs associated with milk. Dont get suprised. Hey, you let them do it with cigarettes. Oh ya....even though cigarette smokers actually do not cost more overall because they die younger. It is a lie. And taxing cola? It is just sugar. It is not the sugar but how much you drink in a given time. There is really nothing wrong with sugar. This will snowball into every single thing. All they have to do is say they did a "study" lol....and the tax comes right behind it....lol....for the children....to protect the children. It is all bs.

I am beginning to think that the major healthcare problems in this country are due to genetically modified crops, imports of all kinds of things grown in sewage water, and all the nifty chemicals we use, plus all the illegal migrant workers who have never gone through health screenings to see if they should be handling foodstuff. There is too much wrong: the greed of our healthcare system and greed of the food producers--it just is about nothing but money.

Now this is wrong. WHEN I get to buy beer, it is expensive Belgian beer, so an addition fee is out of the question.

How about we get rid of illegal immigrants instead? Or how about legalizing marijuana and taxing the crap out of it? Is our government completely ignorant? Don't answer that
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&

I am beginning to think that the major healthcare problems in this country are due to genetically modified crops, imports of all kinds of things grown in sewage water, and all the nifty chemicals we use, plus all the illegal migrant workers who have never gone through health screenings to see if they should be handling foodstuff. There is too much wrong: the greed of our healthcare system and greed of the food producers--it just is about nothing but money
    I am inclined to agree with you vortex. As kids we ate tons of sugar and we were healthy and skinny as bean poles. I dont think soda is to blame for this. Or even candy or snacks. Why is it that kids now are getting fat from this, and in the past kids did not get fat from it? Makes no sense. It seems to me that the food producers are systematically poisoning us and then blaming our eating habits. But this was never a problem in the past.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast