Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beer Tax

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by jshhmr
    Now this is wrong. WHEN I get to buy beer, it is expensive Belgian beer, so an addition fee is out of the question.

How about we get rid of illegal immigrants instead? Or how about legalizing marijuana and taxing the crap out of it? Is our government completely ignorant? Don't answer that
    There should not be additional tax on anything. They already gouge us for regular sales tax and that is more than enough. The budget problems are being caused by corruption, mismanagement and waste. They keep asking for more and more and we get less and less.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Agree with you, red. As a kid it was a treat at the neighbors for me too have Kool-Aid, and I would have to tromp to the store in summer heat to get a candy bar. I was never plunked in front of the TV and we had no home computers or computer games (Pong was absolutey amazing to me). We played like maniacs in the neighborhood, and I had never seen a corn dog until I was cutting high school and went to the Maryland beach. In those days, the majority of ingredients in that corn dog, including the stick, were probably produced in this country. These days we don't know crap about anything in food and where it came from.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

jshhmr, BELGIAN BEER? Fie on you! You should be drinking American beer with the hops being imported from wherever and the malt being genetically modified to be Round-Up ready.

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    jshhmr, BELGIAN BEER? Fie on you! You should be drinking American beer with the hops being imported from wherever and the malt being genetically modified to be Round-Up ready.
    I USED to be able to drink Bud etc. Then I went to Belgium for 2 days. Once I got back, I popped open a Bud, took a sip, and nearly threw up. My taste for beer changed. I do like American micro-brews, but only one brewery here in America comes close to a TRUE Belgian. Ommegang brewery in New York makes great Belgians. Their "Three Philosophers" is better than most Belgians. Very dark with lots of flavor. The New Belgium brewery in Fort Collins Co tries very hard, but they end up being a little too watery. The lowest quality of beer that I can drink is Sam Adams.
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&

MW
    USAFVeteran wrote:

O.K. This midwestern boy is GETTING REALLY PISSED OFF!!! I grew up on BEER
    Did you have it in your breakfast cereal as a child?

Jshhmr wrote:

I USED to be able to drink Bud etc. Then I went to Belgium for 2 days. Once I got back, I popped open a Bud, took a sip, and nearly threw up. My taste for beer changed. I do like American micro-brews, but only one brewery here in America comes close to a TRUE Belgian. Ommegang brewery in New York makes great Belgians. Their "Three Philosophers" is better than most Belgians. Very dark with lots of flavor. The New Belgium brewery in Fort Collins Co tries very hard, but they end up being a little too watery. The lowest quality of beer that I can drink is Sam Adams.
    Wasn't it you that said, in another thread, that you had a blood pressure problem? Well, alcohol intake clearly increases blood pressure.

We shouldn't be surprised because we knew going in that Obama's increase in social programs was going to mean some serious increases in future taxes. Supposedly, the Obama administrations planned health care program is going to cost trillions of dollars during the first five years. I could be wrong, but if I remember correctly, the plan was going to cost 15 trillion dollars during the first five years.

Vortex wrote:

One interviewee on CNBC quoted Ronald Reagan: if it moves, tax it; if it keeps moving, regulate it, and if it stops moving subsidize it. We are well on that path.
    Are you sure he wasn't referring to liberal philosophy.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

jshmr,

Sam Adams Boston Lager is the BEST BEER!!! It's the ONLY American Beer I drink!

Boston Lager - Gold Medals
    IBC Top 50 Beer, Monde Selection (2006, 2007), DLG Germany (2006), World Beer Championships (2006)

Sam Adams Light - Gold Medals
    Monde Selection (2006, 2007), LA County Fair (2006, 2007), World Beer Championships (2006)

Gold medal Boston Lager
    Stockholm Beer Competition
    Stockholm, Sweden

Gold Medal Boston lager
    Helsinki Beer Festival
    Helsinki, Finland

Best In Class - Octoberfest. Gold medals - Octoberfest, Millennium, CHocolate Bock. Sivler medals - 2 Silver Boston Lager, 2 Silver Light, 2 Silver Octoberfest, Double Bock, Pale Ale
    Australian International Beer Awards
    Melbourne, Australia

Bronze Medals - Boston lager, 3 Bronze winter lager, Vienna Lager, Wiess Bier, Scotch Ale, Utopias, Triple Bock,Hefeweizen, White Ale
    Melbourne, Australia

SILVER Medals - Boston Lager, Light, Weiss Bier, Hefeweizen, Scotch Ale, Utopias, Cranberry Lambic.
    Monde Selection
    Brussels, Belgium

Quote Originally Posted by USAFVeteran
    jshmr,

Sam Adams Boston Lager is the BEST BEER!!! It's the ONLY American Beer I drink!

Boston Lager - Gold Medals
    IBC Top 50 Beer, Monde Selection (2006, 2007), DLG Germany (2006), World Beer Championships (2006)

Sam Adams Light - Gold Medals
    Monde Selection (2006, 2007), LA County Fair (2006, 2007), World Beer Championships (2006)

Gold medal Boston Lager
    Stockholm Beer Competition
    Stockholm, Sweden

Gold Medal Boston lager
    Helsinki Beer Festival
    Helsinki, Finland

Best In Class - Octoberfest. Gold medals - Octoberfest, Millennium, CHocolate Bock. Sivler medals - 2 Silver Boston Lager, 2 Silver Light, 2 Silver Octoberfest, Double Bock, Pale Ale
    Melbourne, Australia

Bronze Medals - Boston lager, 3 Bronze winter lager, Vienna Lager, Wiess Bier, Scotch Ale, Utopias, Triple Bock,Hefeweizen, White Ale
    Melbourne, Australia

SILVER Medals - Boston Lager, Light, Weiss Bier, Hefeweizen, Scotch Ale, Utopias, Cranberry Lambic.
    Monde Selection
    Brussels, Belgium
    Darn right! Sam Adams makes better Oktoberfest than German breweries IMO. Sam Adams has so much flavor it makes Bud and others taste like beer flavored water.
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&

jshmr,

I took your post wrong. At first, I thought you were Sam Adams is crappy beer but now that I re-read your initial post, I see my error. I also like Sam Adams Lite but it's not offered over here in Japan. I don't however like their special seasonal brands.

Sam Adams Light®

The Boston Beer Company once again revolutionized the beer industry in 2002 with the introduction of Sam Adams Light. Although there is more light beer brewed in the U.S. than regular beer, consumers had lacked a truly flavorful light beer until the arrival of Sam Adams Light. This brew balances a clean, flavorful taste and smooth finish. Its bright amber color and creamy head are the complex result of using the world’s best ingredients and insisting only on perfection.

Sam Adams’ brewers create the light beer using only the four classic ingredients of beer: water, yeast, hops and malt. The Spalt Spalter hops used in this brew are among the world’s most expensive and are grown only in the Spalt region of Germany. The brewers of Sam Adams Light use only two-row malt and 100% Noble hops in the recipe. Sam Adams Light uses no adjuncts, is 4% alcohol by volume and has less than 124 calories.

The brew is delicious when paired with fish, chicken or spicy fare and as an ingredient in barbecued seafood.

Samuel Adams Light's Award Winning Taste

* 2004 World Beer Cup
    o Bronze in Best American-Style "Light" Amber Lager
    * 2006 World Beer Cup
    o Bronze in Best American-Style "Light" Amber Lager

The only beer I kick back with these days, and the only one my budget will support is Milwaukee's Best Light, even though in Europe I loved Pilsner Urquell. Budweiser has always had the bouquet of formaldehyde.
    And MW, my high blood pressure is hereditary for the most part. Doctors always told me to stay away from sodium and I did as much as I could. Latest blood test showed that I had too little sodium in the blood. Meanwhile, my elderly mom cannot have sodium nor potassium which makes for some interesting meals.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12