Caution..Language on reddit posts
Belgian: ‘I’ve Been Pretty Leftist My Entire Life’ But ‘I Am Done Defending’ Islam
CHRISTIAN DATOC
Reporter
1:56 PM 03/22/2016

In the wake of the Brussels terror attacks, a Belgian Reddit user wrote that though, “I’ve been pretty leftist my entire life … I am done defending” Islamic culture.

Responding to the “Reports of explosions at Brussels airport” thread, the now deleted comment — which was screen captured and re-shared on “The Donald” subreddit — explained that “enough is enough.”
h

“I’m all for integration and tolerance, but something is rotten to the core when it comes to Muslim culture within Europe,” the post continued. “Djihadis, fundamentalists, whatever you want to call them are either too plentiful or have too much influence. Whether that was our fault due to not giving them the tools to integrate or theirs for refusing to take advantage of those tools is besides the point.”“I am done defending this culture. I am done playing devil’s advocate… Perhaps it’s time we showed the world again that when we stand as one force, we will not bend. It’s time to show that dogs without bark can still bite.”

The post received a number of positive responses.

aimeetea88 595 points 1 day ago*
Brit here. I completely agree. I've been a liberal since my teens, but as I'm getting older (28 now) my viewpoint is changing and I'm having opinions I never thought I would.
Europe is a gloriously civilised part of our world, and our values need to be upheld and protected. We got through WW1 & WW2, and subsequently we were United.
Enough is enough.
My condolences to the people of your country.
EDIT: added "subsequently".
It seems like now I'm "racist" for questioning my liberal views. Here I am seriously evaluating my political stance based on a changing world, screw me right?
I can assure you guys I have in no way moved to the right. I'm trying to point out that as I age, I've realised not everything is as polarised as I once thought.
EmperorKira70 points1 day ago
From UK, I have a muslim last name and muslim parents. I also identify as liberal. But **** these guys. Their brand of Islam is a cult that brainwashes and commits mass murder. I am all for integration but 'tolerance' is bullshit in my opinion. You don't ****ing come to this country to 'tolerate' our way of life. You integrate or GTFO.

6StringAddict33 points21 hours ago
You don't ****ing come to this country to 'tolerate' our way of life. You integrate or GTFO.
Belgian here. That's where the problems lies. Integration. We have to respect their views, their methods, their lifestyle, whilst they're constantly condemning our own.

SnowballAxe
19 points20 hours ago
We have to respect their views, their methods, their lifestyle, whilst they're constantly condemning our own.
This has to be stopped. I'm all for being tolerant of other peoples cultures, but this has gone too far. You can't go to another country and try to turn it into your own without integrating and accepting their cultures.
You either integrate or you leave. This has to start being the model.
chuckDontSurf25 points23 hours ago
Europe is a gloriously civilised part of our world, and our values need to be upheld and protected.
Even though I'm American, this sentiment rings true the older I get. Sure, European countries have done some bad shit throughout history. But if you look @ all of the advancements and contributions that have come out of Western civilization (not saying other civilizations weren't as advanced, usual disclaimers, etc), it's really quite staggering.
mylord42031 points1 day ago
The biggest issue with the left is too much tolerance. This coming from a lefty too.
http://dailycaller.com/2016/03/22/be...fending-islam/