Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Beware: "Hate" Legislation moving from Europe to A

GUILT: It begins its "foot-in-the-door" move from Europe to America...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7038762.stm

US bill on Armenia moves forward

Armenians want Turkey to admit the mass killings amounted to genocide
    A bill recognising the killing of Armenians in Ottoman times as genocide has cleared its first hurdle in the US Congress despite Turkish warnings.
    It passed through the House Foreign Affairs Committee by 27 votes to 21 - the first step towards holding a vote in the House of Representatives.

Turkish President Abdullah Gul reacted swiftly to the result, saying the move was "unacceptable" and had no validity.
    QUESTION: What ever happened to, "There are two sides to every issue"?

See?

Double standards reveal the real MO — guilt culture.
    'Tolerance' just means 'Take it!'
    It's not about conforming your mind to reality — but conforming reality to your mind (your mind over matter, not matter over you).

How wierd, this story was just reported on my local news!

Rawhide!

Huh? Are you defending the Armenian genocide? Are you denying it occurred?

The Turkish side is that it NEVER occurred. They deny the murder of a MILLION Armenians and the selling of many more into islamic slavery. Not only does Turkey deny the genocide ever happened they have laws which prohibit the mere discussion of the Armenian genocide.

A UCLA history professor who also denied the Armenian genocide had his home blown up. It's just too bad he wasn't in it at the time.
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-I-am
    Huh? Are you defending the Armenian genocide? Are you denying it occurred?

The Turkish side is that it NEVER occurred. They deny the murder of a MILLION Armenians and the selling of many more into islamic slavery. Not only does Turkey deny the genocide ever happened they have laws which prohibit the mere discussion of the Armenian genocide.

A UCLA history professor who also denied the Armenian genocide had his home blown up. It's just too bad he wasn't in it at the time.
    Wrong.

The Turkish position is this:

(1) The "Armenian Genocide" is precisely half the story.

(2) From 1894 -1917, Russia (Orthodox Christian) and the Balkan States (Orthodox Christian) aggressively funded Marxist Communist Rebel groups in Armenia (Orthodox Christian) in order to break up the Turkish Empire.

(3) These Marxist Communist cells in Armenia intentionally massacred Turkish civilians, specifically in order to provoke Turkish counter-massacres. By drawing first blood, the Armenian Communists brought down reprisals upon the Armenian populace generally... then stepped in, fanned the flames of hatred, and were elected by the Armenian people to lead them in a Russo-Balkan backed Rebellion that culminated in the Russian and Allied invasions of Turkey during World War I.

(4) As many Turks died as did Armenians. It was not a one-sided "genocide", but a bloody Civil War between Turks and Armenians

(5) Russia and the allies (Britain, etc) during World War I wittingly, knowingly, and aggressively backed (atheistic, Godless) Communist Marxists for decades.

VIDEOS:

Armenian perspective — The Armenian Genocide (PBS)

Turkish perspective — The Armenian Revolt (1894-1919), only available from:

http://www.atahouston.org/ActivitiesEtk ... fault.aspx

You cannot even say "genocide" without their being two-sides to the issue. Beware of those who say, "I am holy, I am holier-than-thou, it's that other guy who's evil, trust me."

A guarantee: in all such situations, you will always find Marxist Communists on the "holier-than-thou" side of the argument.
    'Tolerance' just means 'Take it!'
    It's not about conforming your mind to reality — but conforming reality to your mind (your mind over matter, not matter over you).

Quote Originally Posted by Bismarck
    Wrong.

The Turkish position is this:

(1) The "Armenian Genocide" is precisely half the story.

(2) From 1894 -1917, Russia (Orthodox Christian) and the Balkan States (Orthodox Christian) aggressively funded Marxist Communist Rebel groups in Armenia (Orthodox Christian) in order to break up the Turkish Empire.

(3) These Marxist Communist cells in Armenia intentionally massacred Turkish civilians, specifically in order to provoke Turkish counter-massacres. By drawing first blood, the Armenian Communists brought down reprisals upon the Armenian populace generally... then stepped in, fanned the flames of hatred, and were elected by the Armenian people to lead them in a Russo-Balkan backed Rebellion that culminated in the Russian and Allied invasions of Turkey during World War I.

(4) As many Turks died as did Armenians. It was not a one-sided "genocide", but a bloody Civil War between Turks and Armenians

(5) Russia and the allies (Britain, etc) during World War I wittingly, knowingly, and aggressively backed (atheistic, Godless) Communist Marxists for decades.

VIDEOS:

Armenian perspective — The Armenian Genocide (PBS)

Turkish perspective — The Armenian Revolt (1894-1919), only available from:

http://www.atahouston.org/ActivitiesEtk ... fault.aspx

You cannot even say "genocide" without their being two-sides to the issue. Beware of those who say, "I am holy, I am holier-than-thou, it's that other guy who's evil, trust me."

A guarantee: in all such situations, you will always find Marxist Communists on the "holier-than-thou" side of the argument.
    I see you didn't bother to provide any proof of your claims. I saw the PBS special in its entirety, it didn't refute a single one of the facts I mentioned.
    Do you have any proof of ANY of your facts? All you're spouting are the Turkish lies as far as I can tell.

Wikipedia has a very different take from yours, Bismarck and they have
    citations to back up their claims: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenian_Genocide

I was an Air Force captain stationed at Incirlik Air Base in Turkey for 15 months. I traveled extensively over all of Turkey, meeting many, many of it's citizens.

I am going to tell you that this base is the very lifeline of our troops in Iraq. If that maniac Pelosi is allowed to go forward with this insane idea, it will be UNDOABLE as far as Turkey is concerned.

Are we to allow something that happened long ago to destroy the relationship we have with Turkey? Are we going to put even more of our troops at risk?

Why not do this to Germany over the Nazi? Or any of the other atrocities perpetrated by countries with which we NOW do business?

This is a just another democrat ploy to get back at Bush. IT WILL ONLY GET BACK AT OUR MILITARY.

IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT FAXS, EMAILS AND CALLS BE MADE TO REPUBLICAN MEMBERS OF CONGRESS TO STOP THIS INSANITY.

This is being done because not only does Turkey DENY the genocide of upwards of a MILLION AND A HALF armenians, but has outlawed any discussion of the genocide in their country. Turkey wants to be allowed in the EU even as it denies responsiblity for the MURDER OF A MILLION AND A HALF PEOPLE. The US doesn't need allies like this and the EU doesn't need nations like this. To DENY it is an insult to all the victims and families of the victims who suffered through it. Turkey is an islamic state that has clearly defined "crimes against islam".

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenJustice
    I was an Air Force captain stationed at Incirlik Air Base in Turkey for 15 months. I traveled extensively over all of Turkey, meeting many, many of it's citizens.

I am going to tell you that this base is the very lifeline of our troops in Iraq. If that maniac Pelosi is allowed to go forward with this insane idea, it will be UNDOABLE as far as Turkey is concerned.

Are we to allow something that happened long ago to destroy the relationship we have with Turkey? Are we going to put even more of our troops at risk?

Why not do this to Germany over the Nazi? Or any of the other atrocities perpetrated by countries with which we NOW do business?

This is a just another democrat ploy to get back at Bush. IT WILL ONLY GET BACK AT OUR MILITARY.

IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT FAXS, EMAILS AND CALLS BE MADE TO REPUBLICAN MEMBERS OF CONGRESS TO STOP THIS INSANITY.