Birther Bill Hudak Thinks This ‘World-Wide Legal Pyramid’ Scheme Is A Great Idea

“I don’t want you to fear it. I want you to embrace it,” he says.

By David S. Bernstein | Boston Daily | June 13, 2013 10:49 am

Birther Bill Hudak, the genial Tea Party Obama-hater who ran for Congress against John Tierney in 2010 and then abandoned a 2012 run in favor of multi-level marketing of a miracle health elixir, had been off my radar for the past year—and since his wife was battling cancer, I wasn’t looking to pick on the guy.

Well, apparently his wife is now in much better health, which I learned in a video he posted from Maui two weeks ago. That video was the first of seven he’s posted about his current pyramid scheme, which he says he started this spring.

I don’t think I need to say “alleged pyramid scheme”—he’s remarkably up-front about it in the videos. “We’re building a world-wide legal pyramid,” he says in one. “I don’t want you to fear it. I want you to embrace it.”
Reached by phone back from Hawaii at his North Shore home in Boxford, Hudak insisted that what he is doing is perfectly legal and legitimate—and, in fact, is rescuing people from being taken advantage of by other types of employers.
“Every business in America sells products in commerce, and they employ a sales team,” he told me. “Network marketing has 10,000 companies doing it. Every one of them does the same thing, but with a different compensation scheme.”
Hudak’s compensation scheme, according to a description accompanying the videos, is guaranteed, no-risk, personal wealth, in a short time, with very little effort:
100% of people will earn hundreds or thousands of dollars a week following a simple plan that requires only a few hours / week for three weeks, matures in 9 weeks, entails no risk, and does not change what you are doing right now. This plan can and will change your life, and anyone 18 years old and breathing can do it easily. Secondary Income Seminars run by Attorney Bill Hudak
“Our business is not about selling anything, it’s about duplicating,” he says in one video. “Literally all you really want to do is find a couple of people, you only need two.”
When you find those two? “You pull out your little binary 14 sheet—it looks like a little pyramid—put yourself at the top, and let’s say you get your Jack and Jill, you simply write their names in … Those two people are gonna make you rich. And then your job is to help Jack and Jill find their two people, and then help them find their two people, and so on down the line.”
As one of the videos outlines in some detail, compensation comes from a percentage of what these “downline” participants kick in.
“All we’re doing is telling people that the way to make money is to build your team up first,” Hudak told me. “We don’t let people spend money unless they prove they can do that.”
It turns out, this is still associated with the Qivana miracle elixir scheme Hudak got involved with in early 2012, although in one of the videos, when he gets around to mentioning the company, he strongly discourages viewers from Googling it or visiting its website. On the phone, Hudak said that he has been using the products himself for a year and a half: “they are absolutely the best products I have ever seen.”
But the product is entirely irrelevant, Hudak reminded me; this point is emphasized in the videos. “There are people who … want to know all about the product and all kinds of other things, even though it’s really not relevant to the plan.”
That plan requires each participant to buy a minimum amount of Qivana product themselves every month—a key to showing continual sales activity, so that the compensation can be labelled as “commissions” to keep the scheme (arguably) legal. (Qivana helpfully has an automated system for this monthly order.) Although, as Hudak explains in the compensation video, actually selling the product for real is always an option: “If you don’t want to buy anything at all, once you really get going, you don’t have to, as long as you go get some retail customers, because those count just as if you bought them yourself.”
Hudak told me that he is not interested in running for public office again—at least, “not in Massachusetts.” In 2010, he won the Republican congressional primary with 76 percent of the vote, allowing Tierney to cruise to a 57%-43% victory despite family scandal.

http://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/blog/2013/06/13/birther-bill-hudak-pyramid-scheme-great-idea/