Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Black Man Arrested for posting Threatening KKK SIGNS Found Outside Black Churches.

DailyCaller

US
    Threatening KKK SIGNS Found Outside Black Churches. Did A Black Guy Post Them? YES!

Eric Owens
    Education Editor

11:20 AM 07/02/2015

Police in Colorado Springs, Colo. arrested a man on Tuesday for leaving racist messages outside predominately black churches in town.
    The man, Vincent Broughton, then admitted that he is responsible for the posters in an interview with local ABC affiliate KRDO-TV.
    Broughton, 44, is black.
    The signs were first spotted near the New Covenant Church of God in Christ at the corner of E. Platte Ave. and N. Weber Street in downtown Colorado Springs.
    Three more signs were seen near the front doors of Relevant World Christian Cultural Center, about two miles away.
    Many of the signs mentioned the Ku Klux Klan.
    “BLACK MEN BEWARE YOU ARE THE TARGET,” read one.
    The signs in Colorado Springs appeared less than two weeks after Dylann Roof, a professed white racist, confessed to murdering nine people at an historic black church in Charleston, S.C.
    Crack police investigators were able to track the signs to Broughton because one of them contained his phone number.
    “I did it. Probably about 100 or so,” Broughton told a KRDO reporter. “I’d come downtown every day and put up the posters.”
    He said he created and posted the signs in a bid to fight local corruption.
    “I want people to know how corrupt these people that run the town are, the police department, city council and people in the community,” Broughton added.
    Broughton was unable to provide a reason for choosing to target predominantly black churches with his signage.
    Relevant Word Christian Cultural Center pastor Promise Lee said Broughton has a history of stirring up trouble.
    “I wasn’t surprised and I certainly didn’t become fearful because the community pretty much knows who this gentlemen is putting these posters around the town,” Lee told the ABC affiliate.
    “I think the individual utilized the South Carolina shooting as an opportunity to try and instill some fear. And at the end of the day he’s seeking attention.”
    One of the signs bizarrely suggested that his church “works for the KKK,” Lee noted.
    “It doesn’t really make sense for a person in their right mind to be writing this kind of stuff,” the pastor observed.
    The pastor at the New Covenant Church of God in Christ, the other place of worship Broughton targeted, said he felt differently.
    “We locked our doors this morning, so we were inside, but it shouldn’t be that way,” the pastor, Roland Joyner, told CBS Denver. “You shouldn’t have to lock your doors in the church.”
    Broughton now faces charges of disorderly conduct and committing a bias-motivated crime.
    Follow Eric on Twitter. Like Eric on Facebook. Send story tips to erico@dailycaller.com.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/07/02/th...post-them-yes/
    Last edited by WalkerStephens; 07-03-2015 at 03:11 PM.