Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Boston Mayor to Outlaw Chick-Fil-A, Wednesday: National “Eat AT Chick-Fil-A-Day”

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Pastor’s Sermon Defending Chick-fil-A Causes School to Consider Revoking Lease
    posted on August 1, 2012 by Dave Jolly

Pastor Jack Hakimian is the pastor of Impact Miami Church, in Miami, Florida. Formed just over two years ago, they do not have a church building. In the interim, they have been leasing the use of the auditorium at North Miami High School. According to the church’s website,

“Both Jack and Jhael Hakimian sensed God’s call in 2008 to move to Miami from Los Angeles in order to do church planting, develop leaders and do life empowering holistic ministry. They have a passion for urban culture, ethnic diversity and a collaborative organic approach for the transformation of Miami. They believe God wants to bring deep spiritual and social change, so He is raising up a great diversified army of soldiers to engage the lost Harvest of Miami.”

Please note that Pastor Jack is all about cultural and ethnic diversity. He spends a great deal of time reaching out to the urban inner city population, praying he can make a difference in the lives of some of these people. But his heart belongs to God and he does his best to remain true to God’s Word in today’s secular world.

After all of the negative publicity generated by Dan Cathy of Chick-fil-A and his stand for biblical marriage, Pastor Jack preached a sermon entitled Bible Says Gays and Sex Addicts Can Change and Should Change about how the Bible teaches against homosexuality.

Shortly after his sermon defending what God says about marriage and that homosexuality is a sin, Miami-Dade County school superintendent Alberto Carvalho announced that the school board was reviewing the church’s lease to use the high school building for their services. Carvalho stated that the sermon “appear to be contrary to school board policy, as well as the basic principles of humanity.”

The school board has yet to take any action against the church and their lease of school facilities, but Mat Staver of the Liberty Counsel has cautioned them about doing so. Staver said,

“It’s absolutely unthinkable that a government official believes that he has the opportunity and the authority to restrict someone’s speech in a church service on Sunday. The school board is a landlord in this case — and consequently, they can’t go into the privacy of the home or the privacy of the church service on Sunday.”

“This is clearly a free-speech issue. I think it also illustrates what we’ve been saying for years — that this homosexual agenda is intolerant, and they ultimately want to stop what you preach in church.”

This is another clear example that no one is permitted any more to defend the Bible and what it says about the sins our society is facing. They can bash the Bible, God and Jesus Christ all they want, but let one person like Dan Cathy or Pastor Jack Hakamian stand up to defend God’s Word and you would think they had committed a capital offense. Then again, the way our government is turning from God, it soon may be a capital offense to defend Scripture and faith in Jesus Christ. And if it comes to that during my lifetime, I will proudly and boldly stand up and profess Jesus as Lord and Savior and the Bible is the only source of absolute truth!

Read more: Pastor

I have always believed in live and let live...But.... when someone tries to push their lifestyle on me ,my children, grandchildren or any one else as they are doing to on TV, in schools, in all walks of life ,etc now well then, I say enough is enough. As far as I am concerned they can eat chicken...preferably chick a fila chicken....we don't have a chick a fila here in Vegas at least I haven't seen one but if I find one it will be a place that I will go to from now on...I am tired of the bull crap these idiots are all "braying" about( A noise a donkey makes?) and I say enough is enough.

Pastor

Quote Originally Posted by kathyet View Post
    . . . I have always believed in live and let live...But.... when someone tries to push their lifestyle on me ,my children, grandchildren or any one else as they are doing to on TV, in schools, in all walks of life ,etc now well then, I say enough is enough. As far as I am concerned they can eat chicken...preferably chick a fila chicken....we don't have a chick a fila here in Vegas at least I haven't seen one but if I find one it will be a place that I will go to from now on...I am tired of the bull crap these idiots are all "braying" about( A noise a donkey makes?) and I say enough is enough.
    Pastor
    See why there are no Chick Fil As in Vegas @ Is it true that the reason there are no Chick Fil-As in Vegas is because their founder doesnt like Las Vegas? (home, live) - City-Data Forum
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Nashua Chick-Fil-A to Sponsor N.H. Pride Fest

Local franchise owner takes a bold step away from the food chain's gay marriage stance.

NASHUA, NH - Ryan Manseau has learned to expect the unexpected.

For example, he walked into the Pheasant Lane Mall looking for a fight. He was all ready to metaphorically shake his fist at Chick-Fil-A over its corporate stance on gay marriage, something company CEO Dan Cathy recently said, invites "God's judgement on our nation."

Instead, Manseau ended up shaking hands with local franchise owner Anthony Piccola, so to speak, as they struck an unexpected deal.

"It started out as a prank," said Manseau, senior director of the NH Pride Fest, of his gay pride canvassing at the mall. His plan was to plant some NH Pride Fest flyers amongst the Chick-Fil-A catering menus outside the mall-based restaurant, for effect.

"After we made the rounds in the mall with the flyers, we circled back by Chick-Fil-A and we spotted a guy who looked like a manager holding the flyer," Manseau said, who was distributing flyers with fellow event organizers Matthew Richards, 19, and Tara Powell, 27.

"So we went up to him ready to talk, to stand our ground. Shockingly enough, he was the owner, Anthony Piccola. He sat down with us – and also with his gay marketing director – and he ordered us all lunch. Then he said, 'Are are you looking for sponsors for this thing?'" Manseau said.

And that's how the owner of a local Chick-Fil-A called for a truce in the midst of a national food fight that has nothing to do with food.

With his offer of event sponsorship, Piccola took a bold stance on what it means to be a part of the community he serves, Manseau said.

"Yeah, there's still paperwork to fill out, but it looks like Chick-Fil-A will be manning a 10-by-10 booth and giving out free food at Pride Fest," Manseau said.

Attempts by Nashua Patch to reach Piccola Tuesday night were unsuccessful. However, a statement quoting Piccola was shared by Pride Fest organizers:
    “Chick-fil-A at Pheasant Lane Mall has gay employees and serves gay customers with honor, dignity and respect,” Picolia said. “We also don’t discriminate in giving back to the Nashua community, donating to a wide variety of causes. I would challenge people to come have a conversation with me before they make assumptions or boycott my restaurant.”
    Manseau said the turn of events was the last thing he expected, but he's glad he took the time to sit down with Piccola.

"With all the national attention right now, it must be hard to be in his situation. I told him we're expecting 2,000 people at Pride Fest. This is not a little movement, but he's on board," Manseau said. "I was really impressed that he manned up and came over to us and, in his own way, made his own protest of what the CEO of the corporation has to say about homosexuality. It's astonishing."

Manseau said he doesn't think Cathy understood the gravity of his comments last week, or what the repercussions would be for franchise owners.

"What [Piccola has] been dealing with, since all of this started, is people in line for food saying, 'We love you because you hate the gays,' standing next to people in line saying, 'We won't eat here again because you hate the gays.' The thing is, Anthony's not politically or religiously motivated; he's just a business owner."

Fellow Pride Fest organizer Autumn Kent called Piccola's gesture "brave," and said it means a lot, in the scheme of things.

"It's brave of him and I think it's also wonderful, from the perspective of the local focus we've tried to have with Pride Fest, working with locally-owned businesses," Kent said. "Things are happening on the national stage, but when you get down to the local level, and people in our towns start connecting with each other, it's a different story."

"When the conversation starts, person to person, it changes the way we see the world," Kent said.

The Pride Fest, set for Aug. 11 in Manchester's Veterans Park, will feature a pride march, a family-friendly drag show, musical performances, speakers and a puppy drag parade, "open to all pets, not just puppies – we think it's the first puppy drag parade in the nation," added Kent.

Manseau, 21, said it's been a long time since New Hampshire has organized a pride fest, and never one of this magnitude. He has been working hard to get it off the ground, says Manseau, because it's time.

"When I was coming out, things were different. I decided it would be easier to be straight, so I did everything a straight high school student could do – and almost sacrificed my life a few times in the process," Manseau said.

"Finally, I stepped out and said I am just going to be gay and be happy. But I also realized that what would've made it so much easier for me was if there was a community there for me. When kids call you 'faggot' and 'homo,' and you're the only one standing there, you feel so alone. I'm hoping that by pulling together all the venues, the clubs, the organizations, and bringing this event to the park and making it huge, it will show people they aren't alone."

He said early on they were hoping to get 300 attendees, if that. But based on their most recent extrapolations from Twitter and Facebook response, it looks like the event could produce upwards of 2,000 people.

"And we want to shine a light on Anthony and Chick-Fil-A, because this is such a huge gesture," Manseau said.

Nashua Chick-Fil-A to Sponsor NH Pride Fest - Nashua, NH Patch
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

See why there are no Chick Fil As in Vegas @ Is it true that the reason there are no Chick Fil-As in Vegas is because their founder doesnt like Las Vegas? (home, live) - City-Data Forum

Interesting, what kind of lifestyle are they talking about? That is typecasting everyone, especially since most here come from somewhere else.

Interesting, what kind of lifestyle are they talking about? That is typecasting everyone, especially since most here come from somewhere else.
    He heard that Vegas is called SIN CITY

and he doesn't want anything to do with all of those sinners.
    NO AMNESTY

Why don't they have a pride fest for Louis Farrakhan at the Nation of Islam mosque, he has the same view as Mr Cathy. I don't hear the Mayors of Boston or Chicago saying one peep about that. Just because someone doesn't share a view, they are demonized and hounded. JMO
    Last edited by Newmexican; 08-01-2012 at 06:20 PM.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2 View Post
    He heard that Vegas is called SIN CITY

and he doesn't want anything to do with all of those sinners.

Maybe maybe not,but now what does that make California!!!!

Maybe maybe not,but now what does that make California!!!!
    I didn't name vegas SIN CITY.
    The people of CA. didn't name Vegas SIN CITY.
    It was your neighbors:

Why is Las Vegas called Sin City?

It was a nickname given to us by the residents of nearby Boulder City, a town founded during the construction of the Hoover Dam. The tent city around the construction site was rife with gambling, prostitution, drinking and violence. Boulder City arose as a more wholesome place for the workers and their families, so it only made sense to call Las Vegas "Sin City."
    Why is Las Vegas called Sin City? - Yahoo! Answers

OR

Why is Las Vegas Called Sin City? - Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com
    NO AMNESTY

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2 View Post
    I didn't name vegas SIN CITY.
    The people of CA. didn't name Vegas SIN CITY.
    It was your neighbors:

Why is Las Vegas called Sin City?

It was a nickname given to us by the residents of nearby Boulder City, a town founded during the construction of the Hoover Dam. The tent city around the construction site was rife with gambling, prostitution, drinking and violence. Boulder City arose as a more wholesome place for the workers and their families, so it only made sense to call Las Vegas "Sin City."
    Why is Las Vegas called Sin City? - Yahoo! Answers

OR

Why is Las Vegas Called Sin City? - Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com
    I know how Las Vegas got the name I didn't say California gave Las Vegas the nickname. The point I was trying to make was why pick on Las Vegas when right next door is California with much the same lifestyle as here if not more so. Of course Las Vegas was settled by Mormons now unless chick a fila owner doesn't like Mormons? Another point of fact that most don't know is that there are more churches per capita in Las Vegas than in other places. But either case, you can choose where to put your business, or not put your business, that is called "freedom of choice".

When you want to go to Chick Fil A stop by CA. I think we have 52 of them at last count.

Chick-fil-A: Restaurant Locator
    NO AMNESTY

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast