Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Bush to move into 8500 sq. foot house in gated community

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bush to move into 8500 sq. foot house in gated community

I assume he'll be keeping his ranch and still enjoying the family compound in Maine. So he'll have plenty of safe, sheltered places to lecture us about amnesty for millions of IAs, while not experiencing the "joys" of illegal immigration himself.
    ------

Dubya's New Digs
    by Mike Krumboltz
    January 14, 2009 05:13:46 PM

Everyone's obsessing about the new guy, Barack What's-His-Face, moving into the White House. But what about the fella who's been living there for eight years? He's about to be evicted! Where the heck is he supposed to go?

Answer: Dallas. President Bush and wife Laura have purchased a swanky 8,500-square-foot home in suburban Preston Hollow. According to an audio report from NPR, the president and first lady will take up residence on Daria Drive. It was once a sleepy little street, but ever since the move was announced, it has become a place for gawkers and photo-hounds.

For those reasons and more, the street will soon become a gated community. The Dallas Morning News reports that the city council "unanimously approved gating Daria Drive." And, in case you were wondering, an article from KERA quotes a council member as saying that the new gate will "be done at his [Bush's] expense." Nobody seems too sure who is going to pay for Dallas police to "provide around the clock security."

Regardless of who foots the bill, neighbors seem to be generally enthusiastic about having a former president on the street. A local young Republican printed up signs declaring "Welcome Home, George and Laura." Future neighbor, Tom Hicks, who owns the Dallas Stars and Texas Rangers, is considering adding a helipad to his property. We assume he wouldn't mind letting Dubya use it every once in a while. Heck, it'd be the neighborly thing to do.

http://buzz.yahoo.com/buzzlog/92173?fp=1
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I thought he was moving to his compound in Paraguay?
    I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.
    ~Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)

Quote Originally Posted by JBParrothead
    Their immigration laws wouldn't allow him in.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

So Bush is going to have his own private fence. Why? What is he afraid of? Terrorists? ILLEGAL ALIENS? Where the hell is our fence! Yea, yea, some of it is built, but there are still gapping holes in it..for hundreds of miles. Ironic in that he feels he needs a fence yet he won't fence the border where the real threat is..what a pompous jackass.

So Bush is going to have his own private fence.
    Not very war and welcoming. You KNOW only nice, good, people would bother to come over to visit.

Come on Bush, what happened to that we need to live in a warm welcoming open society? I don't think you need that fence Jorge. In fact I think you should not only tear down that fence, but you should leave your doors unlocked and open for all who want to come and visit. What if the good hearted folks from south of the border want to come spread the wealth of family values straight from the Rio Grande to you and your family? Why would you want to deprive them of that? You need to roll out the welcome mat for them. In fact I think you should also provide for their health care and food stamps while you are at it.

What is fair is fair right?
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Isn't Paraguay where they harbor Nazi war criminals?
    I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.
    ~Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)

For those reasons and more, the street will soon become a gated community. The Dallas Morning News reports that the city council "unanimously approved gating Daria Drive."
    Why the fences and gates? Shouldnt Bush be "building bridges" instead?
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by JBParrothead
    Let's hope he gets run out of Dallas and moves to Paraguay.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Rockfish
    So Bush is going to have his own private fence. Why? What is he afraid of? Terrorists? ILLEGAL ALIENS? Where the hell is our fence! Yea, yea, some of it is built, but there are still gapping holes in it..for hundreds of miles. Ironic in that he feels he needs a fence yet he won't fence the border where the real threat is..what a pompous jackass.
    Right on. Reminds me of the Kennedy Compound.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast