Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Urgent Care will always be walk-in just like ERs.

ERs must be open 24/7/365.

Urgent Care can have what ever hours they want to set.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by agrneydgrl
    If the health care bill passes, they can kiss this law goodbye. It will be impossible to even get an appointment with your dr. There will be fewer doctors and if what I have read is any indication, you will not find a qualified dr.
    Do you really think all doctors will throw away that expensive education of theirs?

What else are they qualified to do?

Are they all going to go be cab drivers?

you will not find a qualified dr.
    If they aren't qualified they can't be doctors.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2
    Quote Originally Posted by agrneydgrl
    If the health care bill passes, they can kiss this law goodbye. It will be impossible to even get an appointment with your dr. There will be fewer doctors and if what I have read is any indication, you will not find a qualified dr.
    Do you really think all doctors will throw away that expensive education of theirs?

What else are they qualified to do?

Are they all going to go be cab drivers?

you will not find a qualified dr.
    If they aren't qualified they can't be doctors.
    It is downright BS that there will not be enough doctors. There will be the same doctors we already have FGS. And they are all qualified. In fact doctors may be more available because I hear that nurse practicioners will be able to see some patients in retail settings....people that are not seriously injured or ill. So that will leave doctors more time to see critical or serious patients.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It is downright BS that there will not be enough doctors. There will be the same doctors we already have FGS. And they are all qualified. In fact doctors may be more available because I hear that nurse practicioners will be able to see some patients in retail settings....people that are not seriously injured or ill. So that will leave doctors more time to see critical or serious patients.
    Several years ago I woke up with an ear ache on a Sat. morning. I didn't want to wait until Mon. to get in to see the doctor and I sure didn't want to pay the cost of an ER. My neighbor told me about a Community Clinic nearby. I got an appointment for 2 hours later. Never saw a doctor, just a nurse practitioner. She made the pain go away. And that was all I cared about. The cost was much less that the doctor's office visit.
    NO AMNESTY

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2
    Several years ago I woke up with an ear ache on a Sat. morning. I didn't want to wait until Mon. to get in to see the doctor and I sure didn't want to pay the cost of an ER. My neighbor told me about a Community Clinic nearby. I got an appointment for 2 hours later. Never saw a doctor, just a nurse practitioner. She made the pain go away. And that was all I cared about. The cost was much less that the doctor's office visit.
    I sure wish some of those clinics would spring up in San Francisco. I am prone to ear infections, I get them at least once a year and sometimes twice. I would love to be able to just go see a nurse practicioner. Bring it on!! And btw, I am glad you didn't wait till Monday. It is possible for ear infections to get quite serious pretty quickly if you dont get seen. Waiting two days could be risky. Sometimes you dont need a doctor, but just need assistance....if you already know what is wrong.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

What is a Nurse Practitioner? - womenshealthchannelJul 9, 2009 ... A nurse practitioner (NP) is a registered nurse (RN) who has completed advanced education and training in the diagnosis and management of ...
    www.womenshealthchannel.com/nursepractitioner.shtml - Cached - Similar

Nurse Practitioner Career Overview
    Nurse practitioners (NPs) have provided health-care services to patients for more than 40 years. The nurse practitioner role had its ...
    www.mayo.edu/mshs/np-career.html - Cached - Similar
    NO AMNESTY

Quote Originally Posted by redpony353
    I sure wish some of those clinics would spring up in San Francisco. I am prone to ear infections, I get them at least once a year and sometimes twice. I would love to be able to just go see a nurse practicioner. Bring it on!! And btw, I am glad you didn't wait till Monday. It is possible for ear infections to get quite serious pretty quickly if you dont get seen. Waiting two days could be risky. Sometimes you dont need a doctor, but just need assistance....if you already know what is wrong.
    Nurse practitioners near San Francisco, CA

Categories: Medical Clinic, Physician

Urgent Care Doctors
    Walk In for a Complete Low CostCheck Up. We Also Take Insurance
    www.DowntownMedical.com/450SutterSt

San Francisco-Oakland-San Jose, CA
    Uni‎ - more info »
    44 Montgomery Street, San Francisco, CA‎ - (510) 238-9533‎

Category: Nurse Practitioners

Chiu Peir-Gen GNP‎ - more info »
    1520 Stockton Street, San Francisco, CA‎ - (415) 391-9686‎

Pre Inc.‎ - more info »
    44 Montgomery Street, San Francisco, CA‎ - (415) 445-7600‎

Rayner Institute for Career Advancement‎ - more info »
    San Francisco, CA‎ - (415) 398-6013‎

Write a review

Cecchi Gary MD‎ - more info »
    2001 Dwight Way, Berkeley, CA‎ - (510) 204-1591‎

"When asked to provide an overall rating on Dr. Gary Cecchi in seven areas of ..."‎
    Scheifele Singleton and Rittenhouse MDS‎ - more info »
    1850 Sullivan Avenue, Daly City, CA‎ - (650) 756-2404‎

Lois Anne Indorf, Nurse Practitioner‎ - more info »
    2330 Post Street, San Francisco, CA‎ - (415) 885-3606‎

Unverified listing

Comprehensive Cancer Center‎ - more info »

"This facility (see profile at http://www.ourparents.us/15540) is an average ..."‎

Deborah Sohr, Nurse Practitioner‎ - more info »
    4131 Geary Boulevard, San Francisco, CA‎ - (415) 833-4006‎

Unverified listing

Riseman Rebecca NP‎ - more info »
    Ste 2109, 3100 Telegraph Avenue, Oakland, CA‎ - (510) 645-9900‎

"Users on average felt the waiting time during a visit was "Excellent". ..."‎

A.Uni
    44 Montgomery Street, San Francisco, CA‎ - (510) 238-9533‎

B.Chiu Peir-Gen GNP
    1520 Stockton Street, San Francisco, CA‎ - (415) 391-9686‎

C.Pre Inc.
    44 Montgomery Street, San Francisco, CA‎ - (415) 445-7600‎

D.Rayner Institute for Career Advancement
    San Francisco, CA‎ - (415) 398-6013‎

E.Cecchi Gary MD

F.Scheifele Singleton and Rittenhouse MDS
    1850 Sullivan Avenue, Daly City, CA‎ - (650) 756-2404‎

G.Lois Anne Indorf, Nurse Practitioner
    2330 Post Street, San Francisco, CA‎ - (415) 885-3606‎

H.Comprehensive Cancer Center

I.Deborah Sohr, Nurse Practitioner
    4131 Geary Boulevard, San Francisco, CA‎ - (415) 833-4006‎
    J.Riseman Rebecca NP
    Ste 2109, 3100 Telegraph Avenue, Oakland, CA‎ - (510) 645-9900‎

DowntownMedical - Show on map »
    UrgentCare@UnionSquareLowest cost+we take your insurance
    www.FastDocSF.com
    450 Sutter, sf, CACare Practice Urgent Care - Show on map » Same Day Appointments 864-4444No Waiting / Top rated on Yelp.comwww.CarePractice.com
    NO AMNESTY

San Francisco City Clinic
    Since 1911 San Francisco City Clinic has provided free or low-cost diagnosis & treatment of sexually transmitted diseases. We offer free condoms, ...
    STD Basics - Our Services - Contact Information - Ask Dr. K
    www.sfcityclinic.org/ - Cached - Similar

San Francisco Free Clinic
    A web site containing information about the San Francisco Free Clinic, which provides free medical care to the uninsured.
    Clinic Services - Contact Info - Info Request - Past & Future
    www.sffc.org/ - Cached - Similar

San Francisco Community Clinic
    ConsortiumWorks to increase access to community-based primary health care for the uninsured and underserved, via nine partner clinics. Services are free to those who ...
    www.sfccc.org/ - Cached - Similar

SFCCC Partner Clinics - San Francisco Free Clinic
    The mission of the San Francisco Free Clinic is to provide free medical care to the uninsured and to advance the field of primary care by providing ...
    www.sfccc.org/sfcccclinics/sffc.htm - Cached - Similar

The Women's Community Clinic
    » HomeWomen-operated organization offers free health care and street outreach services to uninsured and low income women and girls, particularly in reproductive ...
    www.womenscommunityclinic.org/ - Cached - Similar

San Francisco Health Clinics and Health & Medical Services on ...Citysearch® helps you find Health Clinics and Health & Medical Services in San Francisco, California. Check out our Editors' Picks, user reviews, ...
    sanfrancisco.citysearch.com › San Francisco - Cached - Similar

Biotherapy Alternative Medicine Clinic in San Francisco Bay Area
    Biotherapy Clinic in San Francisco: Colon Hydrotherapy, Restoration of Friendly Intestinal Flora, Acupuncture and Pain Relief, Herbal Medicine, ...
    www.biotherapy-clinic.com/ - Cached - Similar

The San Francisco Medical Clinic for the Treatment of Pain
    specializes in a unique multidisciplinary approach to treat painful and non-painful symptoms of ...
    www.sfpain.com/ - Cached - Similar

Tenderloin Housing Clinic
    A line image of the San Francisco skyline ... The Clinic is successful in fulfilling this mission by providing free legal services, securing SRO units ...
    www.thclinic.org/ - Cached - Similar

Stone Clinic :: WelcomeThe Stone Clinic in San Francisco, California concentrates on returning injured people to their activities fitter, faster and stronger than they were before ...
    www.stoneclinic.com/ - Cached - Similar
    NO AMNESTY

Most of the listings in your second post are for those who qualify for city services, which I no longer qualify for. You have to be under a certain income bracket. And even if you qualify, you have to wait hours to be seen. But you do get the care...and it is decent care. The doctors are great....once you finally get to see them. And the waiting room is rough and in some cases thugs are hanging out waiting for their buddies.

The ones in your first post you need to make an appointment weeks ahead of time....most of them.

There is one named "San Francisco On Call", they are good and will take walk ins....and the wait time is very short. But you have to pay almost two hundred bucks. Very pricey. All are doctors. They are very good doctors. But you have to take a real punch to the wallet.

UrgentCare@Union Square is the same deal. And so is DowntownMed. But at least you can walk in....I like that. San Francisco On Call does house calls also. That is a great service. But again...pricey. You dont always get sick at the same time you have a bunch of money hanging out in your pocket.

What I am hoping for are those clinics I have heard about that are opening up in places like Walgreens or Rite Aid...Walmart...places like that. You can see a nurse practicioner for less than a hundred bucks. In fact I have heard it can be as low as fifty bucks....depending on what is wrong with you and if you need lab tests. And the wait is short. You dont have to qualify because you are paying them. So it does not matter what your income is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12