Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Chicago Teachers Union Boss Blames 'Rich White People' For School Woes

Chicago Teachers Union Boss Blames 'Rich White People' For School Woes

Who would’ve ever thought that the Chicago Teachers Union president would blame the Windy City’s hemorrhaging of money, failing to educate students and laying off teachers by the hundreds on “rich white people”?

As reported by EAGnews.com, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis is full of excuses as to why the city’s schools are hemorrhaging money, failing to educate students, and laying off teachers by the hundreds.

During a recent speech to the City Club of Chicago, Lewis focused on her two most inflammatory excuses for CPS’ failures: “racism” and “rich white people.”

“When are we going to address the elephant in the room? When will there be an honest conversation about the poverty, racism and inequality that hinders the delivery of a quality education product in our school system?

When will we address the fact that rich white people think they know what’s in the best interest of children of African Americans and Latinos – no matter what the parents’ income or education level?”
    The obviously-bitter Lewis then proceeded to fan the (pretend) flames of racism by accusing “venture capitalists” of using “little black and brown children as stage props at one press conference while announcing they want to fire, layoff or lock up their parents at another press conference.”

Of course, after blaming the the failure of the Chicago school system on white people and calling for billions in new taxes, Lewis pushed back against the perception that she’s a far-left extremist.

“There is nothing radical about me other than I want each and every student in Chicago to get the best education we have to offer – an equal education.”
    Just as a reminder, this is the same teachers’ union that receives either the highest or second highest compensation in the nation, left 40,000 children out of school indefinitely for a strike last fall, and turned down a 16% raise offered in September because in wasn’t enough. It sounds like there is more going on besides white supremacy if you ask me…
    http://www.ijreview.com/2013/06/6039...r-school-woes/

Hat tip to Chicks on the Right for the rebuttal.

Thursday, 06/20/2013 - 10:32

Chicago Schools Sucking Is Racism's Fault.

According to this, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis, pictured below, recently spoke to the City Club of Chicago about why Chicago public schools suck.

Her reasons? Racism and rich white people of course. Because DUH – they’re the reason for everything wrong in America – hadn’t you heard?

Karen said, “When are we going to address the elephant in the room
    ? When will there be an honest conversation about the poverty, racism and inequality that hinders the delivery of a quality education product in our school system? When will we address the fact that rich, white people, think they know what’s in the best interest of children of African Americans and Latinos—no matter what the parent’s income or education level?”

(You have no idea how much my lip is bleeding right now from trying to avoid snarking about the elephant-in-the-room comment.)

Karen went on to accuse “venture capitalists” of using “little black and brown children as stage props at one press conference while announcing they want to fire, layoff, or lock up their parents at another press conference.”

I’m not even making that up.

Speaking of stage props, I’d like to point Karen to these photos:

If “venture capitalists” are using kids as props somewhere, I’d say they’ve learned it from the kid-prop-user-in-chief himself

Chicago teachers are some of the highest paid teachers around, which goes to showyou that throwing ]money at education is NOT THE ANSWER. The answer is to get rid of that horrifically useless union, get rid of the craptacular teachers and hire/keep the good ones, and then HAVE SOME FREAKING STANDARDS for the teachers to meet.

Is Karen unaware of the fact that Chicago has been controlled by Democrats for like, ever? Hello – THIS IS WHAT YOU GET. See: Detroit. The problem isn’t racism – the problem is people feeling entitled to everything, people being greedy parasites who expect government to solve every problem, and union people like Karen only caring about benefits and pay raises for themselves instead of Actual Quality Education.

Maybe Karen ought to be thinking about what all of those “rich white people” did to actually GET RICH. There’s this thing called working and not expecting a handout for everything, Karen – you might want to look into that.
    GAWD.
    http://chicksontheright.com/posts/it...racism-s-fault