Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Cummings defends Baltimore, invites Trump on tour of city

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Post Cummings defends Baltimore, invites Trump on tour of city

Cummings defends Baltimore, invites Trump on tour of city

By Sam Dorman | Fox News

House Oversight Committee Chairman Elijah Cummings, D-Md., Wednesday invited President Trump to visit his district amid an ongoing controversy after the president denounced conditions in Baltimore.
    "You know what? I want President Trump to come to my district," Cummings said during a National Press Club event.

When Cummings was asked if he had been in contact with Trump, he said he was unable to reach him. "I want him to come and look at my entire city. I'll ride with him for hours if he has to. Then, I want him to go into Baltimore County, where the richest of the rich are," Cummings said.

"Then I want him to go into Howard County, where the richest of the rich are. And then I want him to see all of the wonderful things that are happening," Cummings added.

Trump provoked a media firestorm when he blasted Cummings' city as ridden with drugs and infested by rats. After Trump received criticism from people like House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., video surfaced showing Cummings calling his city "drug infested" and likening his residents to "zombies."

Cummings, on Wednesday, seemed to acknowledge that certain parts of his city weren't great but indicated that Trump wasn't helping the situation with his rhetoric.
    "You know, when you beat on people who have had difficulties and challenges in their lives, it doesn't help them," Cummings said.

He also invited the press to come with him and Trump if they toured the city. "Let me tell you something, Baltimore is a beautiful city," he added.

He defended city officials, saying he and they worked hard everyday. "But when you have the poorest of the poor, it's difficult ... but at the same time, we've done wonderful things," he said.

Cummings defends Baltimore, invites Trump on tour of city
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Article placement would be better suited for Other Topics since immigration is not mentioned so moving now. Thank you for posting.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR9G...s64fdFZAd0vSSQ

Scott Presler on Fox News with Shannon Bream talking about his Baltimore clean up event

QULT45
    Published on Aug 6, 2019

8-6-19 - Scott Presler on Fox with Shannon Bream talking about his Baltimore clean up event and his plans to take it nationwide!
    If you're gonna fight, fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark... and brother its starting to rain. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Good job Scott Presler!

I hope Home Depot, Lowe's, Benjamin Moore, and paint companies get on board and provide paint and paint brushes to clean up the graffiti and buildings!

SHAME ON YOU CITY OF BALTIMORE FOR NOT PROVIDING THE DUMPSTERS!!!

Call the dumpster company directly and ask if they will donate the dumpsters and haul the trash for free!!!

DO NOT STOP, GET THE BALL ROLLING, PROVIDE A SCHEDULE OF TOWNS IN ADVANCE AND GET THE LOCAL BUSINESSES AND RESIDENTS TO CHIP IN!!! THEY WILL DO IT.

ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL