Democrat strategist Bob Beckel dropped the F-bomb live on the “Hannity” program on Fox News Monday night.

“You say that Head Start is a failure, you don’t know what the f— you’re talking about,” Beckel barked as the show returned from a commercial break.

Beckel had apparently been arguing off-air with guests including tea-party activist Jennifer Stefano of Americans for Prosperity and radio host Neal Boortz on the show’s Great American Panel segment when the program suddenly came back to catch the obscenity live on the air.

“Whoa! Bleep!” exclaimed host Sean Hannity when the F-word was launched. “What are you doing?”

“Failure,” said Stefano.

“I just can’t stand right-wingers. They’ve just got their mouths running all the time,” Beckel explained.

When Hannity requested that Beckel apologize, Beckel responded, “I don’t apologize.”

“Yes you do. You just cursed on the air,” said Hannity.

“I’m not gonna apologize,” an adamant Beckel affirmed.

“All right, I apologize for you,” said Hannity, who finally was able to make Beckel understand the obscene comment had been broadcast live.

“I try to put signs up and help you,” Hannity told Beckel.

Beckel finally said, “I’m sorry about using that foul word, yes. But the intent about it is still there.”

“And you should run your show a little better,” he continued, “instead of having me get caught like that.”

“Now you’re blaming me for this,” said Hannity.

“Typical liberal,” added Stefano. “No personal responsibility.”

“You’re like Obama – you’re blaming me,” Hannity clowned.

Beckel has since apologized on Twitter, explaining, “I apologize to anyone who heard me on Hannity. I honestly thought we were off air. I just may not be cut out for the tv business. Peace.”

R.D. Volkman, publisher of the Nebraska Journal-Leader, is urging Fox News to fire Beckel from his co-hosting duties on its other show titled “The Five.”

“Get rid of that Beckel SOB,” Volkman said. “His modus is to always change the subject at hand with some ad-hominem attack. You now have the excuse to fire him for his utter rudeness. Do so now.”

But another WND reader named Dave had a different view, saying: “I say ‘AWESOME.’ Keep Beckel on! He is the best campaign influence the Republicans ever have had! He is a horrible apologist for the liberal Democrats. KEEP HIM ON! He is a perfect illustration of the emotion-driven simplistic defenses that Democrats make for their failures. He makes the case: ‘Anybody but Obama!’”

See the testy exchange with Beckel below. WARNING: CLIP CONTAINS OBSCENE LANGUAGE.