Dobson: 'There's utter evil coming out of Congress'
Focus on the Family ministry founder condemns 'Pedophile Protection Act'
Posted: May 14, 2009
11:25 pm Eastern

By Bob Unruh
© 2009 WorldNetDaily

James Dobson

James Dobson, the founder of the Colorado Springs-based Focus on the Family Christian ministry, warned today that there is "utter evil" coming out of Washington
, D.C., these days.

"I want to tell our listeners something has come up that is so shocking and so outrageous, we must make our friends out there aware of it," he said on his daily radio program.

"I'm going to speak very bluntly today because there's no other word for it: the utter evil that's coming out of Congress," he said. "I've been on the air 32 years and I've never seen a time quite like this.

"The radical left controls the executive branch through the president, and the Congress where the Democrats have control of both the House and the Senate," he said, adding the courts are expected to move even further to the left.

The audio of the program is linked here. http://www.focusonthefamily.com/popups/ ... estDaily=1

The target of his worry is the so-called "Hate Crimes" already approved in the U.S. House and now pending in the Senate.

By special arrangement through WND, for only $10.95 members of the public can send 100 individually addressed letters to each senator by overnight mail. Each letter is individually "signed" by the sender. The letters ask for a written response and call for opposition to the bill, including by filibuster if necessary.

A hearing on the Local Law Enforcement Hate Crimes Prevention Act, already approved by the U.S. House as H.R. 1913 and pending in the Senate as S. 909, is expected in the Senate Judiciary Committee soon. It's been described by Shawn D. Akers, policy analyst with Liberty Counsel, as a bill to create penalties against "victims" who were chosen based on an "actual or perceived ... sexual orientation, gender identity."

Many have dubbed it the "Pedophile Protection Act," and U.S. Reps. Louis Gohmert, R-Texas, and Steve King, R-Iowa, explained on Dobson's program how they had tried to have majority Democrats in Congress define "sexual orientation" in the bill – and were refused.

They also tried to add an amendment that would state that pedophiles were not, in fact, protected under the law, and Democrats again voted to reject that idea.

King explained it's part of a national effort by homosexual activists not to just have the freedom to choose their lifestyle, but to be able to demand approval and likewise condemn those who don't agree with homosexuality.

More than 4,000 people already have sent 400,000-plus letters to the Senate expressing their concerns over the "Hate Crimes" plan, and the program has been extended indefinitely while the Senate has the plan pending.

First, he said, comes the so-called "hate crimes" law. Then will come the employment non-discrimination concept that says "thou shalt hire people of these proclivities." Finally, there would come the imposition of nation-wide same-sex marriage combined with speech limits banning any criticism of that, restrictions that already are in place in Canada..

Gohmert pointed out that Christians and their pastors need especially to be worried because of the bull's-eye being painted on them by homosexuals.

He said while the "hate crimes" bill says its provisions shouldn't be used against religious statements, there's an important word that follows that provision: "Unless."

That's unless "the evidence relates to that offense," he said.

And under existing federal law, someone who "induces" a crime can be tried, convicted and sentenced as the principal. He said that leaves open pastors and Christians to be prosecuted should someone who commits a crime claim to have heard them speaking against homosexuality.

Dobson said such threats to free speech and religious rights "keeps me awake at night."

He said the Christian community's response should be a massive prayer campaign.

Gohmert said he sees a future for the United States, iIf we have another awakening. If we don't, I'm not sure what's left."

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php? ... geId=98105