Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I thought you Californians don't even notice a 5.0.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by patbrunz
    I thought you Californians don't even notice a 5.0.
    This Californian does!

Can I ask you Califonians something? I have visited California many times, but everytime I had this fear of an earthquake. I just don't think I could handle living where there is always an unexpected catastrophe. Living in tornado alley, I am a ham radio operator and a storm chaser so I am always expecting what's coming. Do you guys forget about earthquakes until they happen, or do you live in fear of the unexpected?
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&

April
    Quote Originally Posted by Doots
    Thanks for the prayers GeorgiaPeach and April.
    You're welcome, I am glad everyone is okay.

Quote Originally Posted by jshhmr
    Can I ask you Califonians something? I have visited California many times, but everytime I had this fear of an earthquake. I just don't think I could handle living where there is always an unexpected catastrophe. Living in tornado alley, I am a ham radio operator and a storm chaser so I am always expecting what's coming. Do you guys forget about earthquakes until they happen, or do you live in fear of the unexpected?
    There is the chance of natural disasters no matter where one lives. Perhaps the idea of experiencing an earthquake is scarier to those who haven't experienced them because, well, they haven't experienced them. I've felt quite a few but mostly back in the 70's and 80's. Most are small and they say that's good, pressure is being relieved. Experienced some scary ones too but only a couple of those. Guess living here so long we get use to it as much as one can and do not think of earthquakes much. That's my 2 cents anyway.

Speaking of tornadoes, those spook me but then I haven't seen one. Was in the midwest last year and there was such a warning and I kept looking at the sky.

So I'd say we all adjust and accept what could happen wherever we live.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

You are welcome Doots. Many of us have to deal with other possible disasters, but the earth moving suddenly does not give one time to prepare.

Psalm 91
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I always thought these "smaller" EQ's were good. The earth is letting off some steam/pressure. Hopefully putting off the Big One.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Can I ask you Califonians something? I have visited California many times, but everytime I had this fear of an earthquake. I just don't think I could handle living where there is always an unexpected catastrophe.
    Earthquakes aren't catastrophes they are free amusement park rides!!
    I am well prepared with everything secured to the walls, latches on cabinet doors, and supplies to live in the back yard for one week. I have ridden quite a few earthquakes but never had to use the supplies.

I am disappointed I didn't feel this one, I live too far away.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman
    Can I ask you Califonians something? I have visited California many times, but everytime I had this fear of an earthquake. I just don't think I could handle living where there is always an unexpected catastrophe.
    Earthquakes aren't catastrophes they are free amusement park rides!!
    I am well prepared with everything secured to the walls, latches on cabinet doors, and supplies to live in the back yard for one week. I have ridden quite a few earthquakes but never had to use the supplies.

I am disappointed I didn't feel this one, I live too far away.
    LOL! Yes they are like rides! Some roll and some shake!!!!!!!!

LOL! Yes they are like rides! Some roll and some shake!!!!!!!!
    I remember the Paso Robles quake a few years back, I got up on my living room couch and it was rocking and rolling like a kiddy roller coaster!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast