Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman

LOL! Yes they are like rides! Some roll and some shake!!!!!!!!
    I remember the Paso Robles quake a few years back, I got up on my living room couch and it was rocking and rolling like a kiddy roller coaster!
    Yes, the rollers are more fun than the shakers...
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The rollers are better, means you're farther from the center.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by jshhmr
    Can I ask you Califonians something? I have visited California many times, but everytime I had this fear of an earthquake. I just don't think I could handle living where there is always an unexpected catastrophe. Living in tornado alley, I am a ham radio operator and a storm chaser so I am always expecting what's coming. Do you guys forget about earthquakes until they happen, or do you live in fear of the unexpected?
    As you can see from some of the replies we don't fear them we enjoy them. The only real danger in most quakes are falling objects unless we get a very major one that makes Arizona an ocean state.
    I think you will find that most people out here are more in fear of tornados than quakes. In fact if you research a few years you should find that more damage and lives lost were due to tornados than quakes.
    With the price of an e-ticket to Disneyland I'll take a quake anyday.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yeah, a 5 is one thing, but how about something bigger? A building falling on me doesn't sound like a whole lot of fun. Neither does having my house flattened. And what about the fires afterwords from broken gas lines igniting and no water to put them out because the water lines are broken too and the firemen can't get to you? Those pictures and videos from the 1989 quake in the S.F. Bay Area looked pretty scary to me. The pancaked Cyprus structure on the freeway and the Marina come to mind.

You guys have earthquake insurance? I heard one time that you couldn't get it in CA.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by patbrunz
    Yeah, a 5 is one thing, but how about something bigger? A building falling on me doesn't sound like a whole lot of fun. Neither does having my house flattened. And what about the fires afterwords from broken gas lines igniting and no water to put them out because the water lines are broken too and the firemen can't get to you? Those pictures and videos from the 1989 quake in the S.F. Bay Area looked pretty scary to me. The pancaked Cyprus structure on the freeway and the Marina come to mind.

You guys have earthquake insurance? I heard one time that you couldn't get it in CA.
    EQ insurance is VERY expensive here and most of us dont have it. Why bother? If our houses get flattened-we'll just go to the Govt for a bail out! LOL!!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123