Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast
Like Tree115Likes

Thread: FairTax and Trade

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    No fear or concern that anyone reading this thread will think Judy is right ... actually I think the opposite would happen.
    The people at the FairTax organization are probably in a panic trying to come up with new spin to counter the arguments against the FairTax brought up in this thread. That's why Judy got the e-mail!

Quote Originally Posted by jtdc View Post
    So you are denying you made such claims? John was right, you deny what you say!
    No I'm not denying my claims, I'm telling YOU to prove my claims are "false".

You really do have issues. GET HELP!!!
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    So you don't want to protect our trade with a 23% uniform sales tax that taxes imports the same as domestic products in addition to any tariffs?
    Hey, slapping a 23% tariff would be fine with many here. That is what President Trump did with steel and aluminum. That would handicap imports. But the FairTax would be a tax on top of the tariff, which would just cost Americans more for products. Unlike a tariff, it taxes domestic products as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    So you don't want to stop the income tax handouts to illegal aliens and penalize them 23% for being in our country?
    WE DON'T NEED A NEW TAX SYSTEM TO DO THAT! WE CAN DO THAT RIGHT NOW IF CONGRESS WOULD JUST CUT IT OFF!

Hey, slapping a 23% tariff would be fine with many here. That is what President Trump did with steel and aluminum. That would handicap imports. But the FairTax would be a tax on top of the tariff, which would just cost Americans more for products. Unlike a tariff, it taxes domestic products as well.

WE DON'T NEED A NEW TAX SYSTEM TO DO THAT! WE CAN DO THAT RIGHT NOW IF CONGRESS WOULD JUST CUT IT OFF!
    Yes, the 23% is slapped on in addition to the tariffs, which should discourage Americans from buying foreign made crap, which helps our businesses reopen their factories here in the US, produce good high quality American made products, hire American Workers, and balance our trade deficits without international disputes, trade agreements, confrontations, trade wars or WTO lawsuits.

Of course if people like you want to purchase foreign made crap instead of American made goods, then yes, you're going to pay for it. You want it, you pay for it, and rightly so. Why should you be rewarded as you are now putting Americans out of work and sucking our money supply out of the country? I can't think of any reason for that, not one at all.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

No I'm not denying my claims, I'm telling YOU to prove my claims are "false".
    You made the claims. I can't prove a negative. But per MW's post# 256 there are a lot of people/organizations that think your claims are false!

How can Congress "cut it off"? Congress created these laws, why would they "cut it off"? Hell they just expanded it by doubling the standard deduction and the child care credit.

Under the FairTax the Rebate is a benefit that excludes a certain amount of spending on necessities through the Social Security Administration, not the IRS. To be eligible for any Social Security benefit, you must be a US citizen or a legal resident.

Under the income tax, you do not have to be a citizen or legal resident to pay income tax, so when you file in accordance with the law, then you are automatically eligible for equal treatment under that law under the 14th Amendment.

MW
    Yes, the 23% is slapped on in addition to the tariffs, which should discourage Americans from buying foreign made crap, which helps our businesses reopen their factories here in the US, produce good high quality American made products, hire American Workers, and balance our trade deficits without international disputes, trade agreements, confrontations, trade wars or WTO lawsuits.

Of course if people like you want to purchase foreign made crap instead of American made goods, then yes, you're going to pay for it. You want it, you pay for it, and rightly so. Why should you be rewarded as you are now putting Americans out of work and sucking our money supply out of the country? I can't think of any reason for that, not one at all.
    You may be confused. I think it has been fairly will established by numerous sources that the 23% number you keep quoting is inaccurate. Of course you know that.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Yes, the 23% is slapped on in addition to the tariffs, which should discourage Americans from buying foreign made crap
    I think few Americans look at the label to see where a product was manufactured. They look at the price-tag! If a product costs half as much because it is imported from a country where equivalent labor costs 1/10 of American labor, pollution standards are non-existent, and their government is subsidizing production costs, a 23% sales tax will still leave the American product at a great disadvantage. Only a stiff tariff would bring the price up to parity with the American products. Your claim is a farce!

How can Congress "cut it off"? Congress created these laws, why would they "cut it off"?
    That's the problem, they are the only cure!

Hell they just expanded it by doubling the standard deduction and the child care credit.
    And they will be in charge of setting rates for any FairTax!

Under the FairTax the Rebate is a benefit that excludes a certain amount of spending on necessities through the Social Security Administration, not the IRS.
    The opportunities, from the manufacturer or importer, through the distribution network to the retailer, for a black market are tremendous. And the profit from such a black market would be an irresistible opportunity. And illegal aliens as well as legal citizens will be looking for bargains. How blind you are!

To be eligible for any Social Security benefit, you must be a US citizen or a legal resident.
    Or steal someone's ID!

Under the income tax, you do not have to be a citizen or legal resident to pay income tax
    YOU DO NEED A TAXPAYER ID!

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    You may be confused. I think it has been fairly will established by numerous sources that the 23% number you keep quoting is inaccurate. Of course you know that.
    The legislation calls for a 23% FairTax rate, 8.09% earmarked for Social Security and 14.91% for General Revenue. There is no 30% FairTax anywhere. You don't collect 30%, you collect 23%, and you send in 23%, not 30%. You charge customers 30% and you're going to jail, for a long time for tax fraud. And every time you post that crap, you're promoting it, aiding and abetting potential tax fraud against the public.