Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Federal Informant Admits Working for the Left During 2010 Handcuffing:

Federal Informant Admits Working for the Left During 2010 Handcuffing: “I was working for you, you sons of bitches, and nobody knew it”
    Alaska Dispatch, Bill Fulton, Tony Hopfinger
    by News Editor
    11Jan 2013

The liberal Huffington Post reported today that Bill Fulton, the individual responsible for the handcuffing of the Alaska Dispatch editor Tony Hopfinger at a Joe Miller for US Senate event, “was a federal informant at the same time.”

And, as it turns out, Fulton was also masquerading as a conservative the whole time, not only while volunteering for Joe Miller, but while acting as the campaign manager for rightwing lieutenant governor candidate Eddie Burke as well.
    Fulton told the Huffington Post that he was a real honest-to-goodness liberal, bragging that he not only voted for Obama – twice – but that also, “he was working for you [the liberal press], you sons of bitches, and nobody knew it.”

And it appears Fulton is continuing his leftwing jihad. He claims that Miller wore a bullet proof vest the night of his primary victory because he “was a paranoid guy with a bunch of guys with guns that like to hang out with him.” What Fulton leaves out is that he followed Miller around at convention central, warning him of threats against him and insisted that Miller put on Fulton’s personal vest.
    Fulton concludes his interview saying that his federal informant business is “booming this year because of Obama and gun control, man. If you look at the right wing, the growth in the militia organizations, the growth in the border organizations, the amount of firearms, the type of rhetoric that is now used, we have a major issue.”

Read more: Federal Informant Admits Working for the Left During 2010 Handcuffing: "I was working for you, you sons of bitches, and nobody knew it" | Restoring Liberty

Joe Miller, Alaska Tea Party Favorite, Wore Bulletproof Vest After GOP Senate Primary Win, Informant Says

Posted: 01/11/2013 9:00 am EST | Updated: 01/11/2013 10:54 am EST

WASHINGTON -- Alaska Tea Party favorite Joe Miller wore a bulletproof vest the night he beat Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska) to become the Republican Party's 2010 Senate nominee, his former private security guard told The Huffington Post.

"As we're finding out that he's winning, I'm in the bathroom putting a bulletproof vest on the guy," William Fulton said in one of several interviews this week. Describing Miller as "paranoid," Fulton said the underdog conservative was afraid he'd be targeted at election headquarters in Anchorage on that August night. "It was ****ing ridiculous."

Less than two months after primary night, Fulton made headlines of his own when he handcuffed and detained Tony Hopfinger, editor of the Alaska Dispatch, alleging the newsman was trespassing at a public event. Fulton, owner of Drop Zone, a security company/military surplus store/fugitive recovery business, was soon dodging phone calls from reporters all over the country. But there was one person Fulton couldn't ignore: his FBI handler.

Fulton, as it turned out, was a federal informant at the same time he was providing security at events for the Miller campaign. Once members of an Alaska militia were arrested in a plot to kill law enforcement officials in March 2011, Fulton faded from view.

Now, with militia ringleader Schaeffer Cox sentenced on Tuesday to nearly 26 years behind bars, Fulton is speaking out publicly for the first time.

Fulton, formerly an active participant in the Alaska Citizens Militia who said "99.9 percent" of his business came from Republicans, now says he's fiscally conservative, but socially liberal. He said he thinks that "anybody should be allowed to marry anybody they want" and that abortion is an issue between a woman and her doctor. Global warming, he said, is real. He voted for President Barack Obama -- both times.
    But he's still bitter about the drubbing he took from the media after he handcuffed a member of the fourth estate -- an arrest he still defends. "The left-wing completely attacked me, including Huffington Post, you bastards," Fulton said. "I was working for you, you sons of bitches, and nobody knew it."

Fulton's FBI handler was among those displeased he handcuffed a journalist.

"Really?" the agent said when Fulton described the incident, according to Fulton. "That was the response, 'Really?'"

Fulton said the editor arrest actually helped boost his cover. "I mean, we got complete props from the right wing," he said.

Under the media spotlight, Fulton shut down his security operation, but kept the military surplus store running as he got more involved in the Cox investigation. A few months later, in early February 2011, two of Cox's militia associates contacted Fultonabout obtaining grenades as part of their plot against law enforcement. Cox later alleged in court that Fulton “kept pushing and pushing" him to develop a plan and "fanned the flames of government overthrow." But Fulton, who was first introduced to Cox in 2008 by Frank Bailey, a former top aide to Sarah Palin, said the militia member was determined to pull off his plot.

For Fulton, the bulletproof vest story demonstrates that Miller was "a paranoid guy with a bunch of guys with guns that like to hang out with him who almost became a senator." Miller, though he beat incumbent Murkowski in the GOP primary, lost the general election to Murkowski's write-in campaign, which he unsuccessfully challenged on the grounds that some voters misspelled Murkowski.

For University of Alaska political science professor Gerald McBeath, it's not unexpected that Miller would don body armor, given the state's gun culture.

"We always thought he was a wussy, but that sort of demonstrates it," joked McBeath. Still, McBeath said he wouldn't expect Miller, a West Point graduate and Bronze Star winner, to be greatly concerned about personal security at a campaign rally on primary night.

"News was out that he was likely to win that primary, so maybe that was a factor weighing into what he was wearing," McBeath told HuffPost. "But I'm thinking about attempted assassinations in Alaska politics and I'm drawing a blank. We don't have a lot. It's not Arizona. And while the gun culture is widely respected, we don't have a lot of people running around and shooting at other people in political gatherings."
    Miller, now an online publisher, said he wasn't interested in responding to Fulton's stories. "We have responded to the Bill Fulton (and Shaffer Cox) stories many times in the past and have no further comment," spokesman Bill Peck told HuffPost in an email, asked specifically whether Miller wore a bulletproof vest the night of the primary.

As for Fulton, he's no longer in Alaska, but the Army veteran is still sussing out right-wing extremists. He said he continues to work with law enforcement, focusing on militias, sovereign citizens and right-wing extremism. No left-wing undercover work, though. "I've spent so many years working right-wing -- I know how they work what they do, I know the terminology. I tried left-wing once and it just didn't work out for me."
    Fulton said he and his family took a major financial loss as the result of his involvement with the FBI investigation. "You will never get rich working for the feds," he said. "Unless, of course, you're already a scumbag."

He said he's looking for a gig in which he can leverage his knowledge of law enforcement. He's also working on a book.

"We're booming this year because of Obama and gun control, man," Fulton said. "If you look at the right wing, the growth in the militia organizations, the growth in the border organizations, the amount of firearms, the type of rhetoric that is now used, we have a major issue."
    UPDATE: In a blog post on Miller's website that originally read "by Joe Miller," the author writes the former 2010 Senate candidate wore the bulletproof vest at Fulton's urging. "What Fulton leaves out is that he followed Miller around at convention central, warning him of threats against him and insisted that Miller put on Fulton’s personal vest," he writes.

Joe Miller, Alaska Tea Party Favorite, Wore Bulletproof Vest After GOP Senate Primary Win, Informant Says

Joe Miller, Schaeffer Cox, and the FBI Informant who handcuffed Tony Hopfinger

11 Jan 2013
    by Seth Churc

With the conviction and sentencing of Fairbanks Militia Leader Schaeffer Cox several days ago, the left leaning media organizations have again resurrected speculation about Joe Miller’s connections to not only Mr. Cox but also to the federal informant who was largely responsible for Cox’s demise, Bill Fulton.

Joe’s spokesman reports that in the last two days he’s fielded contacts about this from reporters associated with the leftwing Huffington Post, Talking Points Memo, and Salon.

These extremely biased outlets should have directed their inquiries to me. I’ve known Joe Miller for ten years. I’ve gone on a medical mission trip to a communist-controlled island in the Philippines with Joe. And, in interest of full disclosure, I’m a longtime business partner and friend of Joe’s.

So it should come as no surprise that I’ve been closely involved with Joe’s political activities. From his first legislative run in 2004, to his 2008 attempt to rid the Alaskan Republican Party of Randy Ruedrich, through his 2010 U.S. Senate run, I worked with Joe to effect political change.

Joe’s 2008 effort to unseat the Republican Party Chair and replace him with a conservative took place about a year and a half after Sarah Palin was elected governor of the State of Alaska. As one of Alaska’s six Republican Party regional chairs, Joe was one of the few Republican Party officials to genuinely support Sarah Palin in her run for Governor. Governor Palin and Joe maintained contact after this and jointly shared the goal of reforming the Alaska Republican Party.

In 2008, I suggested to Joe that he make an attempt to remove Randy Ruedrich as chair of the ARP during the state convention that year. We knew that the effort would be challenging as removal would require a vote of two-thirds of the delegates at the state convention.

Joe went for it and, in his typical fashion, devoted 110% of his energies toward the effort. He contacted the Governor and secured her support. We then sent out mailers and contacted delegates throughout the state.

Upon arrival in Anchorage, we suspected we had a majority of the support of the delegates but were unsure if we had the necessary two-thirds to remove Ruedrich. So the effort continued on the ground.

I invited Schaeffer Cox to several meetings that Joe Miller, Bill Fulton, and many others attended during the convention. Unlike Joe, I had met Schaeffer previously and knew he was helping organize the Ron Paul supporters going to the convention. Schaeffer was about my age and, like me, was involved in construction. He had no known connections to any militia groups and, at the time, was new to politics.

Neither Joe nor I, however, knew anything about Bill Fulton prior to the 2008 state convention. He was a delegate there and sought out Joe directly. He expressed grave dissatisfaction with the leadership of the Alaska Republican Party and volunteered to help in the effort to organize other delegates who were opposed to Ruedrich. As I recall, he attended virtually every meeting the anti-Ruedrich faction had during that convention.

While we were working to organize and convince delegates, a number of troubling things happened to our volunteers. One, Joe’s former clerk from his U.S. Magistrate Judgeship days, had the lugnuts on her vehicle loosened while parked outside the convention and, had she not noticed this prior to driving away, could have been severely injured. We also discovered that private investigators had been employed against the delegates that were leading the efforts against Ruedrich.

Fulton sprang to action. He immediately insisted that he provide security to the core volunteers who were working to unseat Ruedrich. And he wouldn’t take no for an answer. He represented that he owned a security firm and knew the ropes of a security operation. So he, and other delegates that were associated with his firm, started to watch volunteer’s vehicles and keep an eye out for other shenanigans.

After the convention ended, Cox decided to run for the legislature. He made an impressive showing in the primary against an incumbent legislator, winning over 36% of the vote in a three-way race.

Joe had a few conversations with Schaeffer at the convention and during Schaeffer’s campaign but after Cox lost his election to the State House, Cox started going radical. Joe had nothing to do with him at this point, presciently warning a number of us, including me, that Cox was headed down a self-destructive path.

Fast forward to 2010. Bill Fulton hit the political scene again, not only as a delegate to the 2010 Republican convention, but also as the campaign manager for Lieutenant Governor-candidate Eddie Burke. After Burke lost the Republican primary, Fulton made a bee-line for Joe Miller again, as early as the evening of primary night, August 24, 2010. He also followed Joe around at the Glenn Beck event the next month.

But it wasn’t until the ill-fated town hall meeting in October that Fulton made his mark on Joe Miller’s senate campaign. One of Joe’s supporters who knew Fulton from the Eddie Burke campaign, called him to provide security as required by the venue’s contract. At the conclusion of the town hall, Tony Hopfinger, who had earlier followed Joe into a restroom, questioning him while Joe was relieving himself, was handcuffed by Fulton after Joe had already left the building.

The handcuffing almost immediately hit the headlines. And, even though Joe had had nothing to do with Fulton’s presence at the town hall and in no way directed or condoned the handcuffing, the damage was done.

Several months later, Schaeffer Cox was indicted by the federal government for his militia activities. Shortly thereafter, it was discovered that one of the government’s lead informants in the Cox case was none other than Bill Fulton. It was also discovered that Fulton was working and being paid as the federal government’s confidential informant during the exact same time frame that he was handcuffing blogger Tony Hopfinger at Joe Miller’s event.

I have no idea what makes people like Bill Fulton and Schaeffer Cox tick. But I do know this: Joe Miller has an extreme love for this country and its people and will continue to fight selflessly to restore Liberty.

Too many have become weary in their efforts against increasing regulations and decreasing rights. William Wilberforce did not give up after all his years of failure in Parliament and because of it slavery was abolished in England.

Joe Miller and I believe in a limited government that stays out of the way of its citizens freedoms. I hope you will join the cause of Liberty and support the people who champion her cause.

Read more: Joe Miller, Schaeffer Cox, and the FBI Informant who handcuffed Tony Hopfinger | Restoring Liberty