Friday, December 28, 2012

Feinstein & Cuomo Admit Planning Australian Style Government Gun Buy Back

Published on Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Chinese police burning whole piles of firearms taken from their citizen’s homes — leaving these people defenseless against the hostile communist regime. Is the USA next?

New Jersey -
-(Ammoland.com)- News that a mandatory, government sponsored gun buy back scheme is in the planning stages emerged last Friday.

Friday is well known as the day of the week in the news cycle to release information or statements that is unusually controversial or ” bad news” , the theory being that the general public will be so distracted by the upcoming weekend that they will pay little if any attention.

Exploiting this common practice, word emerged at the end of last week that Congresswoman Dianne Feinstein and NY State Gov Andrew Cuomo are actively working on a planned govt fiat to seize lawfully owned private property without cause. In the form of an Australian style MANDATORY firearms buy back program, going so far as to tout that Countries program and so called positive results, while conveniently omitting the fact that Australia’s violent crime rate dramatically increased in the wake of the scheme and continues unabated.

While details are scant in both Feinstein’s and Cuomo’s press release on the plan, Cuomo was quoted as making it clear that the buyback would be compulsory and participation mandatory. Although it remains a question what the penalties for non compliance would be.
Cuomo further added that they would make gun owners “an offer they can’t refuse” when referring to buyback amounts of up to 500 dollars.
Sounding more like a NY mafioso then a “leader” in a Free State with significant Constitutional Protections in the way. Cuomo’s offer serves not only to further reveal his elitist arrogance, but also highlights his ignorance, presuming that the owner of a 1 , 2 or 3000 dollar firearm (or multiple ones) would roll over and comply for a cash value orders of magnitude below retail values.

Also worthy of note is Dianne Feinstein’s previous quotes on the news program 60 Minutes several years ago. During her interview with Mike Wallace about the 1994 to 2004 Clinton Era “Assault Weapons Ban” , where Feinstein lamented the fact she felt the law didn’t go far enough and stated “If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them . . . Mr. and Mrs. America, turn ‘em all in, I would have done it. I could not do that. The votes weren’t here.”

This is the same Feinstein who admitted in another, different interview that when she felt threatened by terrorists, she carried a gun for self defense and stated “I carried a concealed weapon. I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out, I was going to take them with me.” — 27 April 1995.

And Gov Cuomo has a taxpayer supplied 24/7 security detail armed with actual, real fully automatic “assault weapons” at his side and disposal for his safety and the safety of his loved ones.

There should now be overwhelming evidence to anyone with two brain cells to rub together that we are no longer being “led” by elected Officials that took their Oath of Office seriously, but by rulers, tyrants who would be Kings, no different then King George III. We might as well take down Old Glory from every State Capitol and the US Capitol in DC and replace it with the Union Jack, while we’re at it, we can rename Congress, Parliament, because there really are no significant recognizable differences between the yoke of tyranny we are under today and the one we threw off over 200 years ago.

If Feinstein’s and Cuomo’s plan is allowed to proceed even one step further without being vociferously and publicly protested and killed in utero, they will have effectively struck the match and lit the fuse on a Second American Revolution.

About Dan Roberts Dan Roberts is a grassroots supporter of gun rights that has chosen AmmoLand Shooting Sports News as the perfect outlet for his frank, ‘Jersey Attitude’ filled articles on Guns and Gun Owner Rights.As a resident of the oppressive state of New Jersey he is well placed to be able to discuss the abuses of government against our inalienable rights to keep and bear arms as he writes from deep behind NJ’s Anti-Gun iron curtain. Read more from Dan Roberts or email him

Feinstein & Cuomo Admit Planning Australian Style Government Gun Buy Back