Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Fewer than a third in US would get swine flu jab

Fewer than a third in US would get swine flu jab

Wed May 13, 2009 5:56pm EDT

WASHINGTON, May 13 (Reuters) - Fewer than a third of U.S. adults would get a shot especially made to protect against the new H1N1 swine flu virus, according to a poll released on Thursday.

Most are simply not that worried about the new flu, which has spread around the globe, killed more than 60 people and brought the world to the brink of a pandemic, the poll of 1,442 adults found.

Only 36 percent said they got a vaccine against seasonal influenza this year, although virtually the whole population, especially everyone over 50, children, pregnant women and people with chronic conditions, are advised to get the immunization every year.

The World Health Organization estimates that seasonal flu is a factor in up to 500,000 deaths every year -- 36,000 in the United States alone.

The poll by Zogby International and The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston found that 38 percent not only were not vaccinated, but did not follow recommendations to wash or clean their hands frequently to prevent infection and were not restricting travel to Mexico.

Only 18 percent said the flu, which emerged in March, is a severe threat.

WHO officials will meet this week to decide whether to advise companies to go ahead and make a separate H1N1 vaccine to add to the vaccines being formulated to protect against seasonal influenza.

(Reporting by Maggie Fox, Editing by Sandra Maler)

http://www.reuters.com/article/latestCr ... SN13271782
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I dont trust the pharm companies anymore. I dont take anything they make unless I have to. And even then I try to take pharmaceuticals that have been around for many years and were made back when they actually tested drugs before selling them. New drugs or vaccines I dont trust because pharms are just into making money. They dont mind hiding or even lying about adverse information about the products they sell. Even if I was very worried about swine flu, which I am not, I would not get their vaccine.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)