Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Forced study of Homosexuality and Islam on California Studen

Forced study of Homosexuality and Islam on California Students

Public Schools Embrace Debauchery & Apostasy Over Christmas Music

By Dr. Frederick Meekins
    Thursday, December 31, 2009

Most Americans would agree that freedom of conscience ranks among our most cherished liberties. As such, the state should protect this particular right by almost any means necessary and reasonable (especially for citizens).

In California, an initiative has been undertaken to get a ballot before voters to determine the propriety of Christmas music in California public schools. Within the measure is a clause that would require schools to notify parents 21 days before the specified tunes would be played or performed so that students can opt out of being exposed to such material.

Those having embraced a rigorous interpretation regarding the separation of church and state will applaud the measure as a enlightened compromise as these voices will be among the first to point out that, in these swinging days of free thought, not everyone embraces the Christianity espoused by these Yuletide harmonies. One must ask then would the exponents of the unsullied conscience be as outspoken in defense of those wanting to be excused from exposure to more progressivist causes and material.

Absolutarian relativists claim that, in order to ensure the scholastic neutrality of the classroom, not even a whiff of religious material can be permitted to waft across young impressionable minds. That might be what is claimed in theory, but the reality falls far short as an exclusionary objectivity is applied only to Christianity with other worldviews and religions actually imposed upon students.

Any rational person will admit that, in order to have the most comprehensive understanding of the world possible, one must have an understanding of religion as one of history’s most influential motivating forces. However, there is a point at which education becomes advocacy.

For example, it has already been stated that even if authorized, traditional Christmas music will be categorized as quasi-subversive in nature as one has to admit exposure to these lyrics could potentially alter the very spiritual identity of those exposed to them. However, such caution is not exercised in regards to Islam.

According to a WorldNetDaily.com story titled “Islamic studies required in California districtâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

the separation of church and state
    And where would one find this?

Technically, a number of the social arrangements being promoted as such aren’t even families. But Western society has become so unhinged morally that only the most daring are publicly willing to enunciate these observations.

A family consists of a married man and women and any children that might result from their fecund union or any children such adults united together might adopt. If one is feeling especially innovative and cutting edge, one might be able to expand the definition to include the unmarried propagating offspring via fornication.
    Marriage is religious ceremony where a joining of two consenting people of opposite sex, performed in front of family and friends and recognized by the community. Thus the sperm and the egg are recognized as spoken for. Thus the integrity of the offspring is insured, anything less is viewed as adultery. The institution of marriage is meant for the betterment of society and the community as a whole. The continuity of life with the betterment of society in mind, with an insurance policy for the couple for the least amount of problems.

Thus a homosexual unit has no need for an insurance policy as the seed has been predetermined to have been squandered.

Mr. President

To messers Nehemiah Dodge, Ephraim Robbins, & Stephen S. Nelson a committee of the Danbury Baptist association in the state of Connecticut.

Gentlemen

The affectionate sentiments of esteem & approbation which you are so good as to express towards me, on behalf of the Danbury Baptist association, give me the highest satisfaction. my duties dictate a faithful & zealous pursuit of the interests of my constituents, and in proportion as they are persuaded of my fidelity to those duties, the discharge of them becomes more & more pleasing.

Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between man & his god, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, and not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof, thus building a wall of separation between church and state. [Congress thus inhibited from acts respecting religion, and the Executive authorised only to execute their acts, I have refrained from presenting even occasional performances of devotion presented indeed legally where an Executive is the legal head of a national church, but subject here, as religious exercises only to the voluntary regulations and discipline of each respective sect.] Adhering to this expression of the supreme will of the nation in behalf of the rights of conscience, I shall see with sincere satisfaction the progress of those sentiments which tend to restore to man all his natural rights, convinced he has no natural right in opposition to his social duties.

I reciprocate your kind prayers for the protection and blessing of the common Father and creator of man, and tender you for yourselves and your religious association, assurances of my high respect & esteem.

(signed) Thomas Jefferson
    Jan.1.1802.

In California, an initiative has been undertaken to get a ballot before voters to determine the propriety of Christmas music in California public schools. Within the measure is a clause that would require schools to notify parents 21 days before the specified tunes would be played or performed so that students can opt out of being exposed to such material.
    Wow! Many districts in California have a graduation rate hovering around 50%. One would think there might be more pressing issues to address.

[quote]For example, it has already been stated that even if authorized, traditional Christmas music will be categorized as quasi-subversive in nature as one has to admit exposure to these lyrics could potentially alter the very spiritual identity of those exposed to them. However, such caution is not exercised in regards to Islam.

According to a WorldNetDaily.com story titled “Islamic studies required in California districtâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hylander wrote,
    Quote:

Mr. President

To messers Nehemiah Dodge, Ephraim Robbins, & Stephen S. Nelson a committee of the Danbury Baptist association in the state of Connecticut.

Gentlemen

The affectionate sentiments of esteem & approbation which you are so good as to express towards me, on behalf of the Danbury Baptist association, give me the highest satisfaction. my duties dictate a faithful & zealous pursuit of the interests of my constituents, and in proportion as they are persuaded of my fidelity to those duties, the discharge of them becomes more & more pleasing.

Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between man & his god, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, and not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof, thus building a wall of separation between church and state. [Congress thus inhibited from acts respecting religion, and the Executive authorised only to execute their acts, I have refrained from presenting even occasional performances of devotion presented indeed legally where an Executive is the legal head of a national church, but subject here, as religious exercises only to the voluntary regulations and discipline of each respective sect.] Adhering to this expression of the supreme will of the nation in behalf of the rights of conscience, I shall see with sincere satisfaction the progress of those sentiments which tend to restore to man all his natural rights, convinced he has no natural right in opposition to his social duties.

I reciprocate your kind prayers for the protection and blessing of the common Father and creator of man, and tender you for yourselves and your religious association, assurances of my high respect & esteem.

(signed) Thomas Jefferson
    Jan.1.1802.
    Is this not the part that is left out of the debate concerning the very argument that this letter has been used for?

I have refrained from presenting even occasional performances of devotion presented indeed legally where an Executive is the legal head of a national church,
    "Legally" being the key that shows that it was not intended a complete absence of religion from government or members thereof. And, a use of historical perspective should also reinforce that the intent was not a strict absence of religion, only that there would be no establishment of a national religion, nothing more. Christianity and it's many sects would be free to worship without fear of the governments interference.

Christianity being the only religion capable of starting and manning a army to fight the Crown. How would a Continental Army been amassed under any other religion? My point being that concerning the respect towards religion when inferred by the founding fathers, and I include all patriots of the time, not just the signatories or future politicians, was indeed meant to cover the various sects of Christianity.

"Legally" being the key that shows that it was not intended a complete absence of religion from government or members thereof. And, a use of historical perspective should also reinforce that the intent was not a strict absence of religion, only that there would be no establishment of a national religion, nothing more. Christianity and it's many sects would be free to worship without fear of the governments interference.

I couldn't have said it anymore eloquently than that my friend. All religions welcome without fear of persecution from any government in these united States.

And how skillfully Jefferson extricated himself from that little debate as he understood that government was not to have any effect on religion, and that each man is left to his own beliefs between his Creator and himself. That's why I say these were brilliant statesmen. Just brilliant. And I really do believe if they were here today, they would be metering out such a tongue-lashing on the American People for not "throwin' the bums out of the Capital, and the White House".

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams

"reason and experience both forbids us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principle." George Washington

When I hear the phrase "separation of church and state" my guard is offended. This phrase has been hijacked by harlots and despots. Yet it is accepted due to the observations and practices of the likes of Josef Goebbels, 'a lie said long enough and loud enough becomes fact.' Paraphrased. To think that some of our court judges are in the same league as Goebbles!

This phrase has been hijacked by harlots and despots.

Yes those who wish to see our Republic destroyed, and returned to the attitudes of the "old world", have used this point as a way of undermining our very existance.

But now, if someone uses that as an arguing point, you can simply ask them to point it out in the Constitution. And where you can really get them, is if they try to use the Bill of Rights arguement. Remind them, that the Bill of Rights "is" part of the Constitution, and that your question embodies that aspect of it also. It usually puts them on the defensive, and will usually end with them very upset, and will sometimes end with them calling you names. But all you have to do is reitterate your question, with reason and calm, and it will make them look the fool.

The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.
    Alexis de Tocqueville

Alexis de Tocqueville quotes
    In the end, the state of the Union comes down to the character of the people. ... I sought for the greatness and genius of America in her commodious harbors, her ample rivers, and it was not there. I sought for it in the fertile fields, and boundless prairies, and it was not there. I sought it in her rich mines, and vast world commerce, and it was not there. Not until I went into the churches of America and heard her pulpits aflame with righteousness did I understand the secret of her genius and power.

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Alexis_de_Tocqueville