Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Foreign Car Company gets half billion US government loan

http://www.thefoxnation.com/global-warm ... -govt-loan

A tiny car company backed by former Vice President Al Gore has just gotten a $529 million U.S. government loan to help build a hybrid sports car in Finland that will sell for about $89,000.

The award this week to California startup Fisker Automotive Inc. follows a $465 million government loan to Tesla Motors Inc., purveyors of a $109,000 British-built electric Roadster. Tesla, like Fisker, is a California startup focusing on high-end hybrids, with a number of celebrity endorsements that is backed by investors that have contributed to Democratic campaigns.

ELE

They have earned a place in hell.

For starters, Gore and Pelosi have alot of our money investested in the Green movement, that's another reason they are pushing cap and trade.

Of course, when our money comes rolling in we will never see it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: They have earned a place in hell.

Quote Originally Posted by ELE
    For starters, Gore and Pelosi have alot of our money investested in the Green movement, that's another reason they are pushing cap and trade.

Of course, when our money comes rolling in we will never see it.
    waxman and markey who wrote cap and trade also are heavily invested with their own money in companies that will profit big time when the bill goes into law.

Isn't GM scheduled to bring out the hybrid "Volt" model next year which is supposed to sell in the $30,000's? Of course, since it is being designed in this country, it couldn't be any good.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Years ago there was a saying that never buy a car built on a Monday or a Friday in this country. Those built on Monday were sloppy as many of the workers were hung over from the weekend. And Friday cars were sloppy because the workers were clock watching to get off.
    Actually, too many companies spent years creating fuctional obsolescence. If a car or a washing machine lasts 30 years, they have lost a customer. So if a product breaks down, you have to hit the market again. Gotta keep those profits up and shareholders happy.

Vortex wrote:
    "Years ago there was a saying that never buy a car built on a Monday or a Friday in this country."

And, years ago, did the sages expousing this philosophy happen to mention how to learn on what day the car you were buying had been built?

...build a hybrid sports car in Finland that will sell for about $89,000.
    First off, that price tag out is totally of range for most Americans.
    Secondly, even if we could afford it, most people I know have practical cars, not sports cars.
    Finally, how long would it take to recoup the cost in saved gasoline? By the time you did, the car would be a clunker and we'd have much better technology.
    I would never be so arrogant as to move to another country and expect them to change for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas2step
    Vortex wrote:
    "Years ago there was a saying that never buy a car built on a Monday or a Friday in this country."

And, years ago, did the sages expousing this philosophy happen to mention how to learn on what day the car you were buying had been built?
    Having been born and raised in Ohio, where a large part of the auto industry was years ago, before our nation gave away our manufacturing jobs and trashed our states/cities/neigborhoods in the Midwest~~and having family members who worked their butts off for years in these industries and trashed their bodies in the process, I happen to know the answer to that question; it was in the VIN. Like any other product, there are always numbers to tell when and where a vehicle was made. However, very few consumers knew where and what to look for.

Even with the problems a lot of people believe exist with American cars, I still purchase ONLY American cars; I will support an American worker any day of the week and twice on Sunday before I support a foreign nation/worker. Besides, all of the American cars I've owned over the decades out-performed any and all foreign vehicles. Too many people drink the kool aid and believe what they read in black and white MUST be true...and therefore, if "they" tell us our nations products are inferior...it MUST be true. Experience tells me that's just another fat lie fed to us by big business.

I have owned Fords, Cryslers, Chevys and Saturns; I have never been well-to-do, so I didn't take care of my cars like I should have..and they still ran like champs...for YEARS! I would stack my AMERICAN BUILT cars up against foreign junk any day! My EXPERIENCE tells me that what I READ is a bunch of BULLSHOT.

I will never forget when I finally got to buy my first new car in years...I asked the salesman if the Saturn Vue was built in the US...and he told me I shouldn't worry about that...I should only worry about keeping people at the DEALERSHIP working. I shot right back, "That doesn't keep anyone in MY family working!"...and he shut his pie hole. I made him show me on the sticker where my car was produced before I bought it. Most of the Vue, at least in 2006, was made in our nation.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiWatcher2
    ...build a hybrid sports car in Finland that will sell for about $89,000.
    First off, that price tag out is totally of range for most Americans.
    Secondly, even if we could afford it, most people I know have practical cars, not sports cars.
    Finally, how long would it take to recoup the cost in saved gasoline? By the time you did, the car would be a clunker and we'd have much better technology.
    Got that right! This stupid car costs more than my first house!

Tesla is mostly American and, currently, built in CA. I believe that their electric motors come from a company in CO.

Their all-electric roadster blows away the GM electric slug. It will also equal or beat a Porsche, Ferrari, and Maserati off the line. 0-60MPH in 3.9 seconds.

They have plans of bringing out a more modestly priced, all-electric family car, similar to a Camry, with a 200 mile all-electric, driving range.

http://www.teslamotors.com/

If I win the lottery, I'll buy one. Until then, my 1985 Camry (that still gets 30MPG) will have to do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast