Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Glenn Beck: Liberal Constitutional scholar: ‘I think there is a case against Obama

Glenn Beck

You have to start hearing the truth.

Lib scholar concedes: ‘I think there is a case against the President for exceeding his authority’
    "He has effectively rewritten laws through the active interpretation that I find very...
    glennbeck.com

Liberal Constitutional scholar concedes: ‘I think there is a case against the President for exceeding his authority’

Thursday, Jun 26, 2014 at 1:37 PM EST

1st video at the page link:

On Wednesday, Speaker of the House John Boehner (R-OH) announced he is planning to file a lawsuit against the Obama Administration on the grounds of executive overreach.
    “The Constitution makes it clear that a president’s job is to faithfully execute the laws. In my view, the president has not faithfully executed the laws,” Boehner told reporters. “This is not about impeachment, this is about his faithfully executing the laws of this country.”
    The decision has garnered mixed reactions from both the right and the left. On radio this morning, Glenn played audio of Fox News’ Neil Cavuto grilling Congresswoman Michele Bachmann (R-MN) about the lawsuit and liberal Constitutional scholar Jonathan Turley telling MSNBC’s Steve Kornacki the suit may be warranted.
    “Now, I saw on Neil Cavuto a clip with Michele Bachmann,” Glenn said. “Neil goes crazy on her. Neil says, ‘What are you doing? John Boehner is suing the President of the United States? That’s what he is doing?’ ‘Yes, well, because he’s overstepped his authority.’ I don’t know object anybody else, but I can’t take it.”
    Cavuto pressed Bachmann as to why, after more than five years of lawlessness, Boehner finally decided it was time to file a lawsuit. He went so far as to call the stunt a “waste of time.”
    For her part, Bachmann maintained President Obama’s attempt to “establish lawlessness in the United States” is a big deal.

Watch the heated exchange below:

http://www.glennbeck.com/2014/06/26/...his-authority/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Sean Hannity

George Washington University law professor Jonathan Turley says President Obama "has crossed the constitutional line" do you agree?
    He joins us tonight at 10pm ET to explain

Jonathan Turley: Obama Has Effectively Rewritten Laws, "He Has Crossed The Constitutional Line"
    JONATHAN TURLEY, PROFESSOR OF LAW: Oh, I think there is a case against...
    realclearpolitics.com

Jonathan Turley: Obama Has Effectively Rewritten Laws, "He Has Crossed The Constitutional Line"

Video at the page link:

STEVE KORNACKI, MSNBC: Jonathan, let me bring you in now. We covered the explicitly political, let's get to the legal then. Okay, the Speaker of the House is intent on suing the president of the United States. It's unclear, apparently, from the remarks John Boehner made today from the information they put out exactly what the specific examples they are using here. Presidential overreach, executive orders they think sort of undercut Congress, but you know, you've been following this, their complaints for the last few years, really. Legally speaking, is there any kind of a case here?

JONATHAN TURLEY, PROFESSOR OF LAW: Oh, I think there is a case against the president for exceeding his authority. I happen to agree with the president on many of his priorities and policies, but as I testified in Congress, I think that he has crossed the constitutional line.

KORNACKI: Where has he crossed it? Like what specific issue has he crossed it on?

TURLEY: When the president went to Congress and said he would go it alone, it obviously raises a concern. There's no license for going it alone in our system, and what he's done, is very problematic. He has shifted $454 million of the ACA from appropriated purpose to another purpose. He's told agencies not to enforce some laws, like immigration laws. He has effectively rewritten laws through the active interpretation that I find very problematic. While I happen to agree with him, I voted for him, I think this is a problem.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...onal_line.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)