Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Glenn Beck: Navy Seals in trouble...

Navy Seals in trouble...

November 25, 2009 - 14:40 ET

GLENN: From high above Times Square in Midtown Manhattan, this is the third most listened to show in all of America. I have to tell you it is I know it is the day before Thanksgiving and I want to concentrate on a few things that I am thankful for, but there are also things, I guess I'm thankful for me being able to control my temper because what is happening with the Navy SEALs now is enough. Yesterday I told you on this program that I was I don't think change do you think changing my policy on

PAT: I don't think so.

GLENN: on the war?

PAT: An addendum, an update.

GLENN: Yeah, I think it's just an update. I no longer support the military actions that we're in because the way we're doing them. I don't believe that we are fighting to win. I believe that we are creating another Vietnam and I believe we are selling our military out, and I believe if this president doesn't get serious about our troops, treat them right, put them as our first priority, he should bring them home, and I understand what that means. I know that if we leave in Afghanistan, it creates a vacuum and everything that we have done has been for naught because the Taliban will come back in and we will have all of these cells start growing again, and they are cancer, and I get that. But I am not going to ask someone to die and fight in my name unless they have the full might and power of the United States government behind them. And now what we have is a new story that, you remember the Blackwater security that went over and they were actually, I think they were doing a catering area and they were just trying to protect it.

PAT: They were feeding the troops, yeah.

GLENN: So they were providing security for this. What happens? Those guys are taken out and dragged out into the street, they are brutally beaten and then they're hung from the bridge. Do you remember this story?

PAT: And burned.

GLENN: Yes.

PAT: Yeah.

GLENN: Horribly, just a horrible, horrible story. Well, the guy who is most responsible for this we have been looking for for quite some time. Back in September the press didn't know about it, the press didn't talk about it, including us, because I didn't know about it. They caught that guy. Our Navy SEAL team went in and got him. Now, he has filed a grievance with the United States government. Not that he was abused or tortured but that he was given a bloody lip by one of the SEALs.

The United States government decided to reprimand them and they were going to give them, what is it called, an admiral's something or other? And they were going to get a reprimand. The Navy SEALs stood together and they said, excuse me? For giving him a bloody lip? Do you remember what he did? Do you remember who he is? And so they refused the disciplinary action and they said, you have got court martial us; with an open jury, you go ahead and court martial us. And so they are demanding to be court martialed for giving this dirt bag a bloody lip.

Now, I cannot believe that our government, instead of thanking these guys, is going after these guys. It is an outrage. It is exactly what we have been doing with the CIA. It is exactly what we do with everyone who tries to protect us. It is exactly what this president did with the police officer up in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Go after the guy who is just trying to do his job.

I've had enough, and I have a nephew who has been on the front lines. He has spent the last few years in Iraq. He called me a couple of months ago: Uncle Glenn, it's time for me to reup; what do you think. My advice? Absolutely not. I cannot give you my word as a citizen that this congress will not use you as a pawn. I cannot give you my word as a citizen that this president won't use you for some political device. I cannot give my word that this administration and this congress won't leave you laying out there blowing in the wind with people, with guns and bombs and everything else, coming after you. I can't guarantee that this government won't in the end paint you as a baby killer. Enough. Enough.

George W. Bush made enough mistakes for me. As you know, if you are a long time listener of this program, I was for going into Iraq, but he should have cut Donald Rumsfeld long before he did. There were mistakes with the smaller footprint idea. I'm sorry. Overwhelming force. Shock and awe. The idea of war is you go in with everything you got and you scare the living daylights out of people. And then you leave. We're not nation building. We are you telling me that this, the United States military, couldn't if they would have been unleashed, couldn't go and kill all the bad guys in Afghanistan? We couldn't have gotten Osama Bin Laden? Are you telling me that in one year this government couldn't have gone in and flattened the Taliban, killed? Not taking them and holding them for trial in New York City. Killed the bad guys! You must, if you want to win a war with these people, you go in and you scare the living daylights out of them. And then you leave. And you leave everybody in the region with this idea: You mess with the United States of America and the wrath of God is coming down on you; don't ever mess with us. And by the way, we're not going to rebuild you, either. You mess with us; you're done. And then we go home. But no, no, no. The progressives decided to tie us all together economically so there couldn't be any real war anymore. Well, we're seeing the fruits of that now, aren't we? Long, drawn out wars, exactly what the progressives talked about with Carroll Quigley, exactly what they planned. They announced it in the 1960s and that's the kind of war we have gotten ever since. Where there is no real victor and it just goes on and on and on. And then they tied us together so there couldn't be any real war. If we tie everybody economically together, then there won't be any war. Well, look at the fruits of tying everybody together economically. This progressive nightmare is just that. It is a nightmare that is about to become a nightmare of biblical proportions. It doesn't work.

We have made massive mistakes in this on this planet because we have untethered ourselves from our founding fathers. Our founding fathers saw us more as Switzerland. We are an enemy to none and friend to all... unless you mess with us. Why are the Leathernecks called the Leathernecks? Because Thomas Jefferson created the Marines and he wanted to do the job that nobody else would do. Not because they were affecting the rest of the world but because the pirates, the Muslim pirates were taking over the seas, and no one had the courage to stand. So we sent them over, with leather on their necks so they couldn't be beheaded in battle. That's why they're called Leathernecks. And we went over and we solved the pirate problem, with the Marines. Then we brought them home.

Our problems have been because the Republicans, under the people like George Bush, under the people like Theodore Roosevelt and John McCain, they have thought, we have democracy, we have the greatest system on the planet, we're going to spread this all over the world. It's our duty to do it. It is not. Not the way we've been doing it. And then the progressives on the left have decided, no, no, no, the best way to do it is not through military force. No, not through going out and nation building. What we'll do is we'll do it first through the League of Nations, disaster then we'll do it through the United Nations disaster. Neither of them work. Our founders knew the answer. The best way, the best way to convert people to freedom and liberty and our Constitution, our way of life is to just mind your own business. Do the right thing. Lead by example. If we would just lead by example, people would beat a path to our door. They already did. They wanted to be like us, until we started telling the rest of the world they should be like us.

I have changed a lot in the last ten years. I've changed even more in the last twenty. But I am extraordinarily clear on a couple of things. Our founders had the right ideas. They were perverted around the turn of last century. They were co opted, those ideas, those perverted ideas co opted by both parties. Those perverted ideas are called progressivism. And whether it is spreading power through the United Nations led by the United States, or that's their theory, or spreading our power through our military might and through nation building. Both of them are wrong and they're perverted.

I have also learned that the United States of America is not invincible. It is sinkable. Debt does matter. I have also learned that character does matter. That it does matter what somebody is like in their personal life. If you can't trust them in their own family and in their own business dealings and with the IRS form every year, you can't trust them. I also know it is immoral to ask someone to fight in your name. It is immoral to start a war and not kill as quickly as you possibly can, to end the suffering as quickly as you can. The harder you fight, the more stunning your justice is coming out of the sky. The swifter and the more stunning it is, the faster it is. Anything but a fast victory is immoral. End the suffering. It is immoral to ask someone to fight and die and then not give them everything they're asking for. It is immoral to ask somebody. You go get them. You go do whatever you have to do to stop another 9/11. And then take those CIA agents who did exactly what you asked them to do and then stick them out for political reasons because you're looking for cover. You're a weasel. To ask people to go pick up a gun and fight and then say, "We're not really sure why we're fighting anymore. We're not even really sure if this was worth it." You asked people to kill someone else. That is something that it doesn't go away. That is something that is with you for the rest of your life. And it is only something you can live with if it was worth it! But now we're not really even sure if it was worth it. Then you end the madness. You stop the killing. Today, as every day, I give thanks for the troops. I give thanks to the police officers, the firemen. I give thanks to almighty God that there are people like Marcus Luttrell and his brother that will go into battle in my name and they will do things that I cannot imagine myself doing and they will do it so there is liberty preserved for my children. I get to my knees every day and I thank God for those people. Well, it is time that those of us who are on our knees every day stand up and say enough is enough. You either stand by these people, you either give them what they want, you either stop trying them for things you ask them to do. You either start calling people who shoot our troops by name, "Terrorists, I don't give a flying crap what we did in the past to make them wet themselves since they were 7." They killed our troops. You call them by name. They're terrorists, period. You either start doing that or I just can't support you in any way, shape or form. In any way, shape or form. You have to make your own decision if you were thinking about re enlisting, but I have to tell you we need you so desperately, we are counting on you so desperately. If we lose this in Iraq, if we lose this in Afghanistan, it's all going to start all over again. And it will be left up to our children and our grandchildren if our grandchildren are allowed to have a country anymore. But I cannot ask you to go serve in my name for my country. I promised myself I would not be a part of a generation that created another Vietnam veteran. I will not put my name on that kind of policy, period.

http://www.glennbeck.com/content/articl ... 198/33558/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This story so sickens me. There are just no words to describe how low our government has sunk.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn