Goodbye Bacon – Schools Ban Pork, Serving “Blessed” Halal Muslim Meat

Posted on Tuesday, March 11th, 2014 at 1:30 am.
by: Rick Wells

Parents are up in arms about a school’s decision to ban all pork products from their menu. But that is only part of the story. They are replacing those supposedly offensive menu items with some Muslim-friendly halal meats.

For students between the ages of three and eleven at Brinsworth Manor Infant and Junior Schools in Rotterham, in England, they will no longer be able to enjoy sausage, bacon or ham as part of their meal.

The two schools, which share a site, sent out notices to parents in a letter from the catering officer, Ron Parry. He described the decision and the menu changes as “minor adjustments” to the lunch menu.

With a 20 percent Muslim population now dictating to the other 80 percent that they can no longer enjoy some of their favorite menu items, more than a little resentment has been ignited.

A desire to be “more inclusive” in the menu offerings was cited as the motivation behind the changes by the school governors of both schools.
While the school of 600 students is forcing the majority to accommodate to the minority Muslims, efforts are underway across Britain to curb halal butchering practices. Halal methods of slaughter are seen to be quite inhumane by many westerners, imparting unnecessary suffering to the animal. One prominent veterinarian in Britain, John Blackwell, is calling upon both Muslims and Jews to use more “acceptable” methods of animal slaughter.

One parent of an eleven year old girl at the school says, “’At home I pay more for organic and free range food. I am a Christian but I don’t do it because of that, it’s more for the respect of how animals are killed.”

Another parent spoke against having his child eat food that had been “blessed” in the name of Allah, a god that he doesn’t believe in, as well as having an animal killed in an inhumane fashion, which he also finds objectionable. He says his objections to the new policies are as strong as those of the non-halal meat Muslims.

With the twenty percent already imposing their will upon the majority, one can only imagine how unbearable coexisting with them will be if and when their numbers become a majority of the population. If they haven’t forced recognition of their Sharia law by then, Britain, you can be ready, it’s coming.

Rick Wells is a conservative Constitutionalist author who contributes to conservative media outlets. “Like” him on Facebook and “Follow” him on Twitter.

http://www.conservativeinfidel.com/i...l-muslim-meat/