Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

GOP To Push Stronger Voter I.D. Laws, Says ‘Voter Fraud Is

GOP To Push Stronger Voter I.D. Laws, Says ‘Voter Fraud Is Real’
    Friday, July 15, 2011
    By Matt Cover

voters

In this Oct. 22, 2010 file photo, Bea Seliger, left, and her husband Howard Seliger, both of Baltimore, arrive to cast early votes in Maryland's general election, in Baltimore. (AP Photo/Steve Ruark, File)

(CNSNews.com) – Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus repeated his party’s commitment to stronger voter identification laws, saying that the GOP would not give up the fight against voter fraud.

“I think that we need to make it easy to vote, hard to cheat, and I think that that’s a mantra that we ought to shout from the rooftops all over the country as a Party,â€

There are too many disenfranchised voters out here!!!! A third party is what we need but don't bet on getting it...

The Rise of the Third Party

Posted by Erick Erickson (Profile)

Monday, July 18th at 5:00AM EDT
    38 Comments

I have long criticized the calls of many disaffected conservatives for a third party and I maintain that position. The closest I have come to calling for a third party is to encourage tea party activists to take over the GOP from within.

External third parties are not, in my mind, a solution to anything, but a great enabler of Democrats.

Notwithstanding my opinion, I believe the GOP, should it adopt Mitch McConnell’s Pontius Pilate Act, will be sowing the seeds of its own destruction.

In short, a vote for McConnell’s Pontius Pilate Act will cause a serious third party problem for the GOP. And we’re already seeing signs of it.The best recent example is in New York. The Democrats fielded a “tea partyâ€