Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Gov Rick Perry ... Why?

Received an e-mail and clicked on the link...... (http://patriotsforamerica.ning.com/)

Governor Rick Perry..............Why?

How did Governor Rick Perry become the top pick of the GOP candidates for president?

I’m trying to grasp the tangible evidence that catapulted Governor Perry over every other GOP presidential candidate. He was rated by several polls near the top of the GOP candidate list before he even made his formal candidacy announcement. Once he announced, if you believe the media, the GOP candidate to oppose Obama had been selected.

He’s not the only Governor in the race…what is it? My gut impression is that Perry has an excellent publicity apparatus that has flooded the media with â€
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Perry has problems. Perry is a fiscal conservative. His refusal to open up the vault on the states " rainy day fund" and let the educational system raid every dime points this out. In the last session of the legislature a budget was passed and many cuts were made. The state runs 172 billion $ 2 year budget , and barring a further decline in revenue should make it through. While raising some use fees , taxes overall were not raised and the state still enjoys no state income tax. On the flip side he is a social liberal. His support of , and defense of , in state tuition for illegals is just one example. His main argument towards any enforcement of immigration law basically goes to the criminal Illegals impacting general public safety issues while ignoring the more " garden variety" illegals simply seeking work. David Dewhurst , Lt Gov. also shares this view. His statements regarding cross border trade and free movement of non-criminal illegals is well known here. His ties to business is well known and this is where his largest contributions come from. Business here in Texas loves their Illegal labor and Perry knows this all too well. As for as being " bought off " by business , his true belief is that cheaper labor is good for business. While misguided, he is not simply coddling illegals for his business friends for donations. He really does believe that non - violent illegals pose no threat or harm. His statements on the Gardasil thing are somewhat genuine. He does have a real regret for the way he did things , but only from the standpoint and the same position that a criminal feels regret for his actions. Not that he committed the crime , simply that he got caught. Those who believe Perry was bought off do not know Rick Perry. Perry cannot be " bought." While it is true Merck did donate to him personally and to the GOP in Texas generally, Perry was not swayed by this. He really believes he was doing the right thing. Given a second chance , and if he could go back in time , he would do it again. Only this time he would go through the legislature with the same conviction. Donations come from individuals and corporations all the time and are given to those who share a like viewpoint or ideology. No one gives money to someone they do not agree with. Perry is pro Business and Merck as well as other companies know this. One thing about Rick Perry is , if he believes in something he is not likely to be swayed. He is true to his values and he will not compromise. This is not to say he will not "adjust" his public positions or attempt to make his position on the issues more palatable to the masses as the debates go forward in an effort to make his appeal more broad based. This will be accomplished by his handlers to increase popularity and increase the likelihood of winning the nomination. As a governor of Texas he has not been all that bad, and I would give him a 50% approval rating. I would hope I will not have to vote for him as President , there should be better choices. One thing you have to respect him for though , he does do what he believes is the right thing and he will not sell out his beliefs. Perry is not a liar or openly deceptive, it is not his way. For all those who think Rick Perry was " Bought" , think again, you don't really know Rick Perry. I would hope somewhere out there a much better true conservative exists that will come to the front and save us all. It's not Perry and somehow we have to do better.

It is a dilemma, Romney is not that great, do we really want another Harvard grad as president, personally IMO Harvard is not the answer for president material for America, perhaps Cuba.

Sadly knowing what a man/woman will do when elected is difficult, however where and how they grew up, schools they attended,friends, early life in college all of these help guide the person I look at all the above including there work records, "if available".
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.