Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Graham: GOP to blame for 'capitulation

Sorry but to me crooked is as crooked does....or how about bought and paid for, or who cares what the American People want...or who cares about Freedom, Sovereignty or God forbid the Constitution or Oath of Office....

Graham: GOP to blame for 'capitulation ... of dramatic proportions' in lame-duck
    By Michael O'Brien - 12/21/10 03:06 PM ET

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) lashed out at fellow Republicans Tuesday for a "capitulation ... of dramatic proportions" to Democrats and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) in the lame-duck Congress.

Graham said Republicans have no one to blame but themselves for allowing ratification of the New START Treaty and other legislation in the period before new lawmakers are sworn in in January.

"When it's all going to be said and done, Harry Reid has eaten our lunch," Graham said on Fox News radio. "This has been a capitulation in two weeks of dramatic proportions of policies that wouldn't have passed in the new Congress."

Republican senators have broken with the party's leaders on several key votes in order to advance some of President Obama's top policies during the lame-duck. GOP members defected to pass a repeal of "Don't ask, don't tell" and have done likewise to secure likely ratification for the START Treaty. Some Republicans might allow a health bill for 9/11 first responders to move forward, while three Republicans voted to end debate on the DREAM Act, an ultimately unsuccessful immigration bill.

The hard-charging lame-duck Congress has led Democrats on Capitol Hill and in the White House to claim a successful post-election legislative session. That came after nearly two years of griping from Democratic leaders about Republican "obstructionism" on a variety of bills, including many of the unfinished items being addressed now.

"I can understand the Democrats being afraid of the new Republicans; I can't understand Republicans being afraid of the new Republicans," Graham lamented on WTMA radio. "They're not opportunities to take everything you couldn't do for two years and jam it. It's literally what they're doing, across the board. And after a while, I stop blaming them, and I blame us."

Graham blamed outgoing Republican senators in particular.

"They have used the power of the Senate against the minority, and we have, quite frankly, a handful of us have been letting them do it. And a lot of the people who are doing this got beat. And that's what makes me so upset," he said. "It makes me disappointed that, with a new group of Republicans coming in, we could get a better deal on almost everything."

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing- ... -lame-duck

Kathyet

I agree with the Senator we have traitors within the GOP it appears they rather vote with the Democrats aka communist party then defend the American people.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

I completely agree.
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

How nice for the kind Senator to step up to the plate and play the role of the useful idiot,..err....the finger pointer, and point out the breaks from the GOP platform.

If the GOP were a football team, how would you rate their defensive playbook over the last 100 yrs.?

If one could envision a offensive playbook for the GOP, how has it done?

Looking at the other team(?), the progressives, how have they done over the last 100yrs.?

Their offensive playbook?

Their defensive playbook(?), if they actually have one?

Sure wish there were other teams in this league.