Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Helping the poor – the food stamp edition

Joe the Plumber

File this under, WTF?! "“I don’t know who four of their fathers is, so I ain’t getting no checks for those kids. The least the state can do is feed my d*mn kids. I don’t see what the problem is.”

President Obama really cares about the poor. We know that for sure because his economic policies have made so many more Americans poor.

joeforamerica.com

Posted by Michael Becker on May 15, 2014 in Politics

President Obama really cares about the poor. We know that for sure because his economic policies have made so many more Americans poor. Even the Democratic National Committee’s house organ, The Washington Post has recognized that.
    Fifty years after President Johnson started a $20 trillion taxpayer-funded war on poverty, the overall percentage of impoverished people in the U.S. has declined only slightly and the poor have lost ground under President Obama.

Aides said Mr. Obama doesn’t plan to commemorate the anniversary…

He may be producing more poor people, but he’s not letting the crisis go to waste. He’s working every minute of the day to make sure they get government benefits to keep them on the Progressive Plantation.

In 2008, 23.2 million people were getting food stamps. After five years of enlightened, progressive leadership, 47.6 million Americans are getting food stamps. Almost one of every six Americans are tied to the federal feed trough with this program.

You probably think that those folks are scraping by to feed their families and they wouldn’t have a nutritional meal without help from US taxpayers, right?

The National Journal highlights a new study on food stamp usage by Americans.
    The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or SNAP for short, was originally designed to help the needy become more self-reliant in times of economic strife.
    The good folks at the National Journal ventured into a local store to validate the results of the study…
    The first person we spoke to was Shellie H., a 29 year old single mother of six. She was observed shuffling through the aisles of a local Walmart, cart piled high with sugary treats, energy drinks and microwaveable entrees. Having paid for her entire purchase with a swipe of her SNAP card, we decided to ask her a couple of questions in regards to her grocery choices.
    “I got six kids. I ain’t got time to cook forever.” She explained. “I don’t know who four of their fathers is, so I ain’t getting no checks for those kids. The other two, their daddy is in jail. So I ain’t getting no money for them either. The least the state can do is feed my d*mn kids. I don’t see what the problem is.”
    Shellie is an outlier right? Well, no.
    The National Journal’s experience shows that Shellie is typical.
    A recent study has uncovered that nearly 89 percent of food stamp recipients frivol away their welfare aid on unhealthy, overpriced convenience store junk food.
    The US government is currently spending about $80 billion on food stamps. It looks like about $70 billion of that is going for candy and Cheetos.
    We hope you feel as good about that as we do.

http://joeforamerica.com/2014/05/hel...stamp-edition/

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)