Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Ivanka breaks with dad: 'I do not feel that the media is the enemy of the people

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Ivanka breaks with dad: 'I do not feel that the media is the enemy of the people

Ivanka Trump breaks with dad: 'I do not feel that the media is the enemy of the people'

BY EMILY BIRNBAUM - 08/02/18 10:11 AM EDT 638

Ivanka Trump broke with her father on Thursday and said she does not think the media are the "enemy of the people."

The White House adviser said she's seen stories about herself in the press that weren't completely accurate, but still differed with the president, who has stepped up his attacks on the press.

"I’ve received my fair share of reporting on me personally that I know not to be fully accurate, so I’ve had some sensitivity around why people have concerns and gripe, especially when they sort of feel targeted," the president's eldest daughter said during an Axios event. "But no, I do not feel that the media is the enemy of the people."

President Trump
    has referred to the press as the "enemy of the people," including after the Capital Gazette newsroom shooting in June that left five people dead and several others injured.

He also frequently characterizes the news media as "fake news," often focusing his criticism on CNN, The New York Times and The Washington Post.

Trump on Tuesday promoted a video of his supporters chanting "CNN sucks" at senior White House correspondent Jim Acosta while he was live on air from Trump's campaign-style rally in Florida.

Last week, the Trump administration came under fire for refusing to allow CNN's Kaitlan Collins to attend a press event at the White House, saying she asked questions inappropriately at a previous event.

Ivanka Trump and her husband, Jared Kushner, were mostly out of the public eye for the past few months, but they have made more public appearances in recent weeks.

Ivanka Trump on Thursday also referred to the Trump administration's earlier policy of separating migrant families at the southern border as a "low point."

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...-of-the-people
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Boot her out!

No more appearances...go back to your life and out of our WH.
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL