Jenny McCarthy says she isn’t anti-vaccine. Here are some other things she has said about vaccinations.

Jenny McCarthy on the set of “The View.” (Donna Svennevik/ABC/AP)

Jenny McCarthy, writing in the Chicago Sun-Times on April 12, 2014:
I am not “anti-vaccine.” This is not a change in my stance nor is it a new position that I have recently adopted. For years, I have repeatedly stated that I am, in fact, “pro-vaccine” and for years I have been wrongly branded as “anti-vaccine.”

Jenny McCarthy to CNN on Sept. 26, 2007:
I mean moms and pregnant women are coming up to me on the street going, I don’t know what to do. I don’t know what to do. And I don’t know what to tell them, because I am surely not going to tell anyone to vaccinate. But if I had another child, there’s no way in hell.

Jenny McCarthy in the Chicago Sun-Times on April 12, 2014:
Blatantly inaccurate blog posts about my position have been accepted as truth by the public at large as well as media outlets (legitimate and otherwise), who have taken those false stories and repeatedly turned them into headlines. What happened to critical thinking? What happened to asking questions because every child is different?

Jenny McCarthy in the Huffington Post on March 9, 2010:
Time magazine’s article on the autism debate reports that the experts are certain “vaccines don’t cause autism; they don’t injure children; they are the pillar of modern public health.” I say, “that’s a lie and we’re sick of it.”

This is what I have said: “People have the misconception that we want to eliminate vaccines,” I told Time Magazine science editor Jeffrey Kluger in 2009. “Please understand that we are not an anti-vaccine group. We are demanding safe vaccines. We want to reduce the schedule and reduce the toxins.”

Jenny McCarthy’s full quote to Time Magazine in an interview published on April 1, 2009:
People have the misconception that we want to eliminate vaccines. Please understand that we are not an antivaccine group. We are demanding safe vaccines. We want to reduce the schedule and reduce the toxins. If you ask a parent of an autistic child if they want the measles or the autism, we will stand in line for the f___ing measles.

I believe in the importance of a vaccine program and I believe parents have the right to choose one poke per visit. I’ve never told anyone to not vaccinate.

Jenny McCarthy speaking to Frontline on Jan. 8, 2010:
Obviously, if polio came back with a vengeance, I think the unvaccinated children should get a polio vaccine. But until then, I don’t see the harm in skipping maybe a chicken pox or delaying hepatitis B.

Jenny McCarthy to Time in the same interview published on April 1, 2009:
I do believe sadly it’s going to take some diseases coming back to realize that we need to change and develop vaccines that are safe. If the vaccine companies are not listening to us, it’s their f___ing fault that the diseases are coming back. They’re making a product that’s s___. If you give us a safe vaccine, we’ll use it. It shouldn’t be polio versus autism.

I will continue to say what I have always said: “One size does not fit all.” God help us all if gray is no longer an option.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/p...d1394&hpid=z14