Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Journal retracts paper on "chemtrail" threat to San Diego

Journal retracts paper on "chemtrail" threat to San Diego

By Gary Robbins | 12:12 a.m. Sept. 27, 2015

J. Marvin Herndon claimed in a news release that this photo shows toxic coal fly ash in chemtrails above San Diego. J. Marvin Herndon 55

A scientific journal has retracted a paper by a San Diego researcher who claimed that jets have been flying over the county and secretly emitting toxic chemicals that pose a public health hazard.

The International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health said that it discovered that a paper by independent geophysicist J. Marvin Herndon contained mistakes and lacked scientific rigor.

The journal performed the review after critics challenged Herndon's widely-stated belief that tanker-jets have been spraying coal fly ash into the troposphere "for geoengineering, weather-modification and climate-modification purposes."

The paper was published in August and was supplemented by a news release in which Herndon claimed that "the consequences on public health are profound, including exposure to a variety of toxic heavy metals, radioactive elements, and neurologically-implicated chemically mobile aluminum released by body moisture in situ after inhalation or through transdermal induction."

The news release included numerous photos purporting to show toxic coal fly ash chemtrails in the skies above San Diego.

The Federal Aviation Administration refers to such streaks as "contrails," or the condensation from aircraft engine exhaust.

Paul B. Tchounwou, the journal's editor, issued a retraction on Sept. 2 that details Herndon's mistakes. The retraction also says, "The language of the paper is often not sufficiently scientifically objective for a research article."

Tchounwou did not explain why the journal failed to notice the paper's lack of objectivity when it was first submitted for publication.

Herndon, 71, said in an email Sunday, "The retraction of my peer-reviewed and published scientific paper was based upon a systematic, aggressive attack by one or more individuals making blatantly false and/or pejorative remarks. I explain the circumstances in detail in the attached document that can also be downloaded:

http://www.nuclearplanet.com/public_rejection.pdf

"You may or may not know of my communications with San Diego officials: http://www.nuclearplanet.com/emails.html

"The very aggressive campaign to have my two scientific papers on tropospheric coal fly ash retracted is good evidence that I am right on target. You may quote me as saying that I will continue to oppose the retraction until truth and reason prevail."

Much of this controversy was brought to light by Retraction Watch, a blog written by Adam Marcus and Ivan Oransky, a pair of science journalists whose work has been causing a stir in academia. The two writers have starkly publicized the sort of retractions and corrections that used to receive little notice.

Their work has raised questions about the integrity and completeness of scientific peer review.

Science videos

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...on-chemtrails/

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

CHEMTRAIL THREAT TO SD RESEARCH RETRACTED

Facebook/Ty Charlene Bollinger

by MICHELLE MOONS 28 Sep 2015 53

“Lack of scientific rigor” gave cause for the International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health’s (IJERPH) retraction of environmental scientist J. Marvin Herndon’s research paper suggesting that jets are releasing toxic chemicals into the air.

The phenomenon in question is referred to as “chemtrails.” A press release that appearedin conjunction with the journal’s August release of the research referenced the launch of the “modern environmental movement,” suggesting that these chemtrails are the new front on “global environmental public health.”

IJERPH
    reviewed Herndon’s work after receiving complaints for publishing the research. Mistakes and “lack of scientific rigor” found during the course of the review led the journal to retract the work, according to The San Diego Union-Tribune (U-T).

At the crux of Herndon’s argument was the assertion that coal fly ash is being pumped out into the “troposphere by tanker-jets for geoengineering, weather-modification and climate-modification purposes,” according to the initial release.

Occupy San Diego has expressed support for the chemtrails theory. In a December 2013 social media post, the left-wing group included an article with the headline, “Chemtrails 101: An Introduction: Seeing #Chemtrails Clearly as the Silent but Deadly Betrayal.” In May of this year, Kylie Jenner of Kardashian family fame hopped on the chemtrail question bandwagon with a series of posts to her Twitter account.

In a message regarding the early September retraction of Herndon’s research,IJERPH editor Paul B. Tchounwou wrote,

“The language of the paper is often not sufficiently scientifically objective for a research article.”

Herndon told the U-T in a Sunday email that the retraction was due to a systematic attack on his paper. “The very aggressive campaign to have my two scientific papers on tropospheric coal fly ash retracted is good evidence that I am right on target. You may quote me as saying that I will continue to oppose the retraction until truth and reason prevail.” His message included references to details on the alleged attacks and to Herndon’s communication with San Diego officials in the form of emails to which he claims to have received nearly no response.

UPI’s story on Jenner reported that the theory has been previously debunked.

http://www.breitbart.com/california/...rch-retracted/

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn