KISS’ Gene Simmons: ‘I Don’t Remember The Last Poor Person Who Gave Me A Job’

July 7, 2014 by Ben Bullard

Shout it out loud: Kiss frontman Gene Simmons isn’t burdened with the phony altruism of rich-guy guilt.
Simmons told an interviewer for a California newspaper late last week that it’s ridiculous to resent those who create wealth, because they provide the foundation on which America’s economy – both private and public – is based.
“I have been part of the 1 percent for the past 30 years,” Simmons told U-T San Diego. Asked how it feels to be a part of the Nation’s wealthiest demographic, Simmons replied:
It’s fantastic! …The 1 percent pays 80 percent of all taxes. Fifty percent of the population of the U.S. pays no taxes. The 1 percent provides all the jobs for everybody else. If the 1 percent didn’t exist, there would be chaos and the American economy would drop dead. Try being nice to rich people. I don’t remember the last poor person who gave me a job.
Simmons immigrated to the U.S. with his mother, whose family had died during the Holocaust, from Israel when he was eight years old. His mother was a Hungarian Jew and his father, who left the family when Simmons was still young, was Israeli. He learned English quickly, and now is a strong believer in cultural assimilation.
“America is astonishing because it welcomes immigrants and gives them all the rights that native sons and daughters have … all the opportunities someone who was here for generations has had. For that, I’ll be forever grateful,” he told U-T San Diego:
Every day, people complain about the Kardashians, or about having a bad hair day — which, in my case, is every day — or the Republicans, or the Democrats. Well, you have to shut the [expletive] up! You have nothing to complain about. In America, you have the right to say and do as you please. You can demonstrate and do anything you want, and you have [more] opportunities than anyone in the history of this planet has had.
If all that makes too much sense for you, Simmons also offered his take on political correctness, which successfully accomplishes, through culture, the stifling of truly free speech in the very land that first codified it as an inalienable right.
“Others simply hold their opinions to themselves and never say who they are. You will always know who I am. You don’t have to like it; that’s OK if you don’t.”
Lick that up.

Read the full interview here.

http://personalliberty.com/kiss-gene...rson-gave-job/