Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

KS Sen. Roberts Threatens to 'Shut Down Senate' over Gitmo

Kansas Sen. Roberts Threatens to 'Shut Down Senate' over Gitmo

Tuesday, August 4, 2009 3:43 PM

By: Rick Pedraza

Sen. Pat Roberts Monday condemned President Barack Obama’s plan to move terrorist detainees from the Guantanamo Bay facility in Cuba to the disciplinary barracks at Fort Leavenworth in his home state of Kansas.

In a press release on his Senate Web site, the Republican threatened to shut down the Senate. Later at a press conference with Kansas reporters, Roberts reiterated his condemnation of Leavenworth as the new Gitmo prison.

"I've said it once and I'll say it many more times: Not in my back yard. Not in Kansas,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Oh that racist...... Opposing the prez's ideas. With that said, I hope every American stands up and tells this idiot that we don't want these people here. They are very well taken care of in Gitmo and that is where they need to stay until they are judged. This prez says things without thinking it thru. Does that show inexperience or what?