Letter to Tennessee’s New Governor, Bill Haslam
9Share 0diggsdigg
CLEAN UP THE CORRUPTION IN YOUR STATE!

by Sharon Rondeau

Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam managed his family's gas station enterprise, growing it from 800 to 14,000 employees, before entering public service. He was elected mayor of Knoxville for two terms before becoming governor on Nov. 2, 2010.

(Jan. 26, 2011) — The following letter has been sent via facsimile to the office of Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam, who was elected on November 2, 2010, succeeding Phil Bredesen, who served as governor for eight years.

Governor Bill Haslam
First Floor, State Capitol
Nashville, TN 37243

Attn: Mr. David Smith, Media Contact
Via Facsimile: 615-741-1416

Dear Mr. Smith:

Pursuant to our conversation of Tuesday, January 25, 2011, I am writing to inform you of the endemic corruption in your state and specifically, within Monroe County, of which I have become aware through seven months of continuous investigation.

There is a criminal enterprise operating among court personnel, judges, district attorneys general, and the Monroe County Sheriff’s Department as evidenced by the unlawful seizure of property, unlawful arrest of innocent persons, rigged grand juries and trial juries, and murders which go uninvestigated. Those who have reported evidence regarding such crimes are not interviewed by the Sheriff’s Department, and there is evidence that the Sheriff’s Department itself is covering up the murder of Mr. Jim Miller, an elections supervisor who was found incinerated in the trunk of his car last July.

The local media is complicit in the government’s corruption and purposely misleads the public by making statements which are completely unsubstantiated and biased against the citizens and in favor of those who are apparently pulling their strings. Such media includes The Buzz and The Advocate & Democrat, both of which are guilty of misinforming the public.

It appears that the chief court clerk has been rigging the juries for many years, and I am in possession of the working papers she used to select a trial jury for a defendant whose case was heard on December 1, 2010. These documents bear her handwriting and show direct human intervention in the selection of the jury. One of the jurors was dismissed before the aforementioned trial began due to recent service which precluded his serving again by state law, TCA 22-2-314.

Grand jury foremen in almost all counties in your state are serving 20 years or more consecutively despite the same law which states that no juror after serving his term may serve again within 24 months. There is no provision which renders the foreman any different from the other jurors. With the foreman under the thumb of the judges and grand jury members hand-picked, indictments are being issued when there is no probable cause, and with rigged trial juries, defendants are being convicted when they are innocent. There is evidence that many innocent people are languishing in local jails and state penitentiaries because of juries which were hand-picked to produce a particular outcome.

In Monroe County, the former grand jury foreman of 20 years had reportedly tried to coerce jail inmates to provide false confessions.

On January 3, 2011, I sent a money order for $33.00 to the Monroe County court clerk to purchase a transcript of an arraignment hearing held on June 28, 2010. After almost three weeks, I called the court reporter, who confirmed that they received the money but that she did not send the transcript, saying “I’ll send it within a few days.â€