Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Levi Johnston talks about Gov. Palin's resignation

Levi Johnston talks about Gov. Palin's resignation

By MARY PEMBERTON, The Associated Press
    6:14 p.m. July 9, 2009

ANCHORAGE, Alaska — The former fiance of Gov. Sarah Palin's 18-year-old daughter says he believes he knows why the Alaska governor is resigning – concerns over money.

Nineteen-year-old Levi Johnston, whose wedding to Bristol Palin was called off earlier this year, says he thinks the governor is resigning over personal finances.

Johnston says he lived with the Palin family from early December to the second week in January. He claims he heard the governor several times say how nice it would be to take advantage of the lucrative deals that were being offered, deals that included a reality show and a book.

Johnston made his comments at a news conference Thursday at his lawyer's office.

He and Bristol have a son, Tripp, born in December.

Johnston has had a strained relationship with the Palin family and has gone to the national media before.

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/ ... dex=129557
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

this guy is a snake. Whether you like Sarah or not, this guy shouldn't be talking about info he learned when he lived with the family. They trusted him and he should be a man and keep his mouth shut. Those things said were family matters.

Quote Originally Posted by agrneydgrl
    this guy is a snake. Whether you like Sarah or not, this guy shouldn't be talking about info he learned when he lived with the family. They trusted him and he should be a man and keep his mouth shut. Those things said were family matters.
    Shouldn't a person on the inside be the MOST reliable source? Yeah, they might have trusted them but if a person witnesses a murder in a household, does that person not have any relevance? Palin is a joke, and I pray to God the GOP has someone else in mind. He was there, in the war zone. I guess if an Iraq veteran tells me that things are *ucked up, I shouldn't believe him/her?
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&

I'm glad to see someone shed some light on the TRUTH of the matter.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    angrneydgrl wrote:

I agree that Mr. Johnston is stabbing the Palin's in the back. Is that the reward they should expect from inviting him into their home, basically making him a part of the family? It would appear as if Mr. Levi Johnston is screaming for some of Mrs. Palin's media attention with complete disregard for the family's privacy.

IMO, Johnston's parents could have done a better job of teaching the boy a thing or two about moral values as related to the ethical and honorable ways to relate to those who have treated you well.

Jshhmr wrote:

Shouldn't a person on the inside be the MOST reliable source? Yeah, they might have trusted them but if a person witnesses a murder in a household, does that person not have any relevance?
    Poor example. Comparing what was said to murder misses the mark by a country mile (IMO). No laws were broken, so Johnston had no civic duty requiring him to speak of what was said in privacy. Remember, it wasn't Levi's home. A person home is their sanctuary and they should have the expectation that what is said in the privacy of their home stays in the home. In my mind that's an ethical and fair expectation. For example, if you were visiting your sister and brother-in-laws house and overheard them discussing their inability to pay the mortgage, would you feel right spreading that information throughout the neighborhood, knowing that it would cause them great embarrassment and humiliation?

JohnDoe wrote:

I'm glad to see someone shed some light on the TRUTH of the matter.
    How do you know it's the truth. Isn't it possible that he came to the wrong conclusion after hearing part of a discussion? That tends to happen a lot when someone is listening secretly to the private conversation of others.

For informational purposes, Sarah Palin is not my choice for our next President (not even a consideration).

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW, so according to you, a person that was there has NO relevance? I know you LOVE Palin and you think she's hot (according to your past posts) but that should have NO relevance to your logic.
    Let me get this straight. I live in a home, and I witness certain things. According to you, those things have no relevance because of privacy? If I had person A living in my home, and I was making crystal meth, does person A not have the right to reveal my wrong doings? I would think person A has more of a story than myself, since I am trying to back-paddle to avoid persecution.

I know you LOVE Palin because she is hot, but that is not a reason to support someone. Don't make me show you previous posts about the hotness of Palin that you posted.

And you talk of moral values in the Palin family? Does that include teen pregnancy which apparently Palin supports? C'mon, you can do better than that! I have debated with you before and I KNOW you have more on your plate.
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&

MW
    Jshhmr wrote:

Don't make me show you previous posts about the hotness of Palin that you posted.
    Please refresh my memory for me. I'd love to see the posts you're referring to. If you show me more than one posts where I said Palin was a good looking woman, I'll eat my hat! Furthermore, you're dead wrong in stating that I love Palin. Compared to Biden, I found her an acceptable VP candidate, but I have never said I would support her for President of the United States.

MW, so according to you, a person that was there has NO relevance?
    I'm not quite clear on your meaning in the above statement. Honestly, I think your comment on "relevance" is without relevancy.

Who cares if Levi Johnston is relevant or not? His relevance or non-relevance has absolutely nothing to do with his lamentable behavior.

Let me get this straight. I live in a home, and I witness certain things. According to you, those things have no relevance because of privacy?
    Levi Johnston didn't "witness certain things." What he did do was eavesdrop on a private conversation that was none of his business. A private conversation that was obviously not intended to be shared with the world. I don't know about you, but I would not expect my children or another family member to divulge the details of private conversations between my and my wife that take place in my private sanctuary (home).

If I had person A living in my home, and I was making crystal meth, does person A not have the right to reveal my wrong doings?
    There you go again, comparing what Palin may or may not have said to a criminal act. First you compared the conversation to murder and now you're comparing it to manufacturing crystal meth in the home. Instead of making ridiculous comparisons, why not just answer my question, which is much more comparable:

MW wrote:

For example, if you were visiting your sister and brother-in-laws house and overheard them discussing their inability to pay the mortgage, would you feel right spreading that information throughout the neighborhood, knowing that it would cause them great embarrassment and humiliation?
    Now, how about an answer to my scenario. A simple yes or no will suffice. Please note that my example has much more "relevance" to the discussion than your examples of "murder" and "making crystal meth."

I know you LOVE Palin because she is hot, but that is not a reason to support someone. Don't make me show you previous posts about the hotness of Palin that you posted.
    You're going way out on a limb here with your assumption that I'm supporting Palin because of some misguided sense of loyalty. I owe Palin nothing and I certainly don't love her. Furthermore, I'm not defending her. What I am doing is chastising Levi Johnston for making a poor choice. Additionally, I don't think anyone would deny that it is plausible that he is exaggerating the details of what he heard. It's his word against the Palin's. Personally, I wouldn't believe any of the three (Johnston, Sarah, or the husband). So, IMO, you're misreading my position on this issue.

And you talk of moral values in the Palin family? Does that include teen pregnancy which apparently Palin supports? C'mon, you can do better than that!
    Now I've heard it all. Just because the Palin's daughter got pregnant doesn't mean they support teen pregnancy. To make such a connection is ludicrous beyond belief. Would you have felt better if they would have disowned and kicked her to the curb? In the same situation, would you have done that to your child?

Okay, now it's time. Please answer the following question:

For example, if you were visiting your sister and brother-in-laws house and overheard them discussing their inability to pay the mortgage, would you feel right spreading that information throughout the neighborhood, knowing that it would cause them great embarrassment and humiliation?
    IMO, an honest response to the above question will put this whole argument to bed. I think my response to every single charge of yours entitles me to a response to the one single question I'm asking you. How about it, can I get a simple yes or no?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I just have one question. What's the motive of Nineteen-year-old Levi Johnston in revealing this information? Is it for sake of so called "truth" or is there some other motive behind this disclosure?

Seems this is a logical question since he does have a child with Sara's daughter. Also, in what context was such statements made? Did he get the entire discussion, or happen to tune in sometime thereafter it started?

Does anyone else find it odd that the Governor of Alaska would discuss such matters in the company of a 19 year old kid? Not saying she didn't, but it strikes me as peculiar. That's all. Seriously, Sara Palin would probably not have to resign as governor of Alaska in order to write a book.

On the other hand, I do understand she has significant legal bills and such endeavors might be a way to climb out of this debt. That's her business I suppose, for which I really have no concern.

And finally, why was this revelation made at his lawyers' office? I always get suspicious when lawyers are involved.

But anyway, I guess that's more than one question. For the record, while I do not dislike Sara Palin( there's far worse politicians out there and I think she is probably a decent person), I do not see myself voting or supporting her bid for higher office , if that's what she decides to do.

I think she has had a taste of the spotlight and she loves it. What or how she decides to pursue that spotlight remains to be seen.

Honestly, MW does not strike me as a person who would support anyone because they are "hot." We may not agree( I do not even know if MW supports Sara Palin, other than she was the less of two evils last time around on McCain ticket) with each other on the issue of Sara Palin, but I give MW more credit than that.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Johnston: Palin resigned to cash in on fame

Johnston: Palin resigned to cash in on fame

Posted 16m ago

ANCHORAGE (AP) — A spokeswoman for Gov. Sarah Palin is scoffing at comments by Bristol Palin's former fiance, who says he thinks Palin resigned to cash in on her fame.

"It is interesting to learn Levi is working on a piece of fiction while honing his acting skills," Palin family spokeswoman Meghan Stapleton said in an e-mail to The Associated Press.

Levi Johnston, 19, whose wedding to Bristol Palin was called off earlier this year, said Thursday he lived with the Palin family from early December to the second week in January.

He claimed he heard the governor several times say how nice it would be to take advantage of the lucrative deals that were being offered, including a reality show and a book.

"She had talked about how nice it would be to take some of this money people had been offering us and you know just run with it, say 'forget everything else,"' he said.

FIND MORE STORIES IN: Sarah Palin
    He said he thinks book deals were really what appealed to Palin.

"I think the big deal was the book. That was millions of dollars," said Johnston, who has had a strained relationship with the family but now says things have improved.

Compensation details of Palin's book projects haven't been disclosed. The former Republican vice presidential candidate has said she is facing more than $500,000 in legal fees.

Johnston made his comments at a news conference Thursday at the office of his attorney, Rex Butler.

Johnston came forward, Butler said, because Alaskans want to know why Palin has decided to resign, effective the end of the month.

Johnston is pursuing his own book deal and movie deal while working as a carpenter.

Asked if he would vote for her if she ran for president, Johnston said: "I think she's a great lady, but after seeing what she did now, you know, leaving Alaska, I would have to say, 'no.' Obviously she's stressed out as governor. I mean moving up to the vice president or president is huge. I just don't think anymore that she's cut out for the job."
    NO AMNESTY

MW
    NoBueno wrote:

Honestly, MW does not strike me as a person who would support anyone because they are "hot." We may not agree( I do not even know if MW supports Sara Palin, other than she was the less of two evils last time around on McCain ticket) with each other on the issue of Sara Palin, but I give MW more credit than that.
    Thank you for the vote of confidence.

You're right, my support of a politician would never be based on something so shallow as looks. I'm still waiting for Jshhmr to provide all these posts where I supposedly said Palin was hot. Like I said earlier, if he can come up with more than one post where I even commented about her looks, I'll eat my hat.

First article provided by JohnDoe:

says he believes he knows why
    Second article:

who says he thinks
    Believes, thinks, what does he actually know for a fact?

After reading the second article, it appears as if he definitely has an agenda. That agenda is the future book and movie deal he is supposedly working on. Well, now we know what his motive is. Mr. Levi Johnston is starting to sound more and more like a greedy punk whose only interest is to cash in on his association with the Palin's.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast