Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I believe this story is full of hot air. It's an effort to make it look like they are looking out for us. What model rocket flies up to 18,000 ft? The hundreds that I've launched as a kid flew only to 2000 ft.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Rockfish
    I believe this story is full of hot air. It's an effort to make it look like they are looking out for us. What model rocket flies up to 18,000 ft? The hundreds that I've launched as a kid flew only to 2000 ft.
    From Rocstock.org

"New! Starting January 2009! All ROC launches have an altitude waiver in effect, which is the altitude limit we are allowed by the FAA. Our standard waiver is now 13,000 MSL (feet above mean sea level), or approximately 10,000 feet AGL (above ground level). We are also able to request higher altitude windows during daylight hours of up to 23,000 MSL, or approximately 20,000 feet AGL. If you need a window, inform the RSO when you check in.

We operate in strict compliance with all BATF and California State Fire Marshall regulations. Therefore, the maximum size motor you may fly is a "G" without a California permit. If you have a permit, or if a permit holder is present (and someone always is), you may fly any motor legal in California (currently up to at least "M"), as long as the altitude waiver is not exceeded."
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12