Last Update 28 mins ago

Linda Tripp of Clinton-Lewinsky scandal fame dead at 70

By Ronn Blitzer, Alex Pappas | Fox News

Linda Tripp, whose covert recording of conversations with Monica Lewinsky revealed an affair with then-President Bill Clinton, has died, Fox News confirmed.

"Sadly, Linda did pass away today," Joseph Murtha, the former attorney to Tripp, said in an email. "I am not in a position to provide any details."

Earlier in the day, it had been reported that her daughter, Allison Tripp Foley, posted in a Facebook post that has since been designated private that her 70-year-old mother was terminally ill.

"My mommy is leaving this earth. I don’t know myself if I can survive this heartache," Foley said in the message, as reported to the New York Post. "Please pray for a painless process for the strongest woman I will ever know in my entire lifetime."

Tripp's son-in-law simply told the Post, "it’s a family situation."

Tripp's recorded conversations, which she turned over to then-independent Counsel Ken Starr, exposed Clinton's sexual relationship with Lewinsky, who was a White House intern at the time. Clinton's denial of the affair led to a perjury charge when the House impeached him in 1998.

Upon hearing the news of Tripp's condition, Lewinsky expressed "hope for her recovery" and sympathy for Tripp's family.

Monica Lewinsky

@MonicaLewinsky

no matter the past, upon hearing that linda tripp is very seriously ill, i hope for her recovery. i can’t imagine how difficult this is for her family.

10:45 AM - Apr 8, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy
6,232 people are talking about this

Details of what led to Tripp's condition were not immediately available.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/lin...ame-near-death