Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

A little girl asks how she will pay the Nations bill (Photo)

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

ELE
    Cute child. Horrible reality for the child.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

being so young, she probably has NO IDEA what this is all about

Adorable!!! She seems to be more worried about the spot on her dress, as perhaps mom can no longer afford detergent and doesn't want to learn how to beat clothes against the rocks. Apologies for the snipe.

[quote="vortex"]

Adorable!!! She seems to be more worried about the spot on her dress, as perhaps mom can no longer afford detergent and doesn't want to learn how to beat clothes against the rocks. Apologies for the snipe.

Beating clothes on rocks is soooooooo yesterday V........ Fels Naptha Soap, girl. Naptha Soap.

LOL.....I've been using that stuff for 20 years.....along with good old fashioned 20 Mule Team Borax and Mrs. Stewart's Bluing..... and you'd be surprised how many people have labeled me.....as a mere 40-something....."old fashioned" because I don't use all of the chemical laden spot removers, brighteners, whiteners, and other crap available today.

Hey, they can call me what they will.......... why change what works like a charm and my kids have never been prone to breaking out in all those mystery rashes which are so prevelant these days

az, you are so lucky! I haven't been able to find anything like 20-Mule Team Borax anywhere in the local stores. And I hope you also hang out the laundry, rather than wasting power on the dryer. And if you live anywhere near an airport where planes are prone to fly over taking off or landing, make sure the clothes lines are made of smooth plastic coated lines as it is amazing how much black gook is left on the lines every few days.

[quote="vortex"]

az, you are so lucky! I haven't been able to find anything like 20-Mule Team Borax anywhere in the local stores.

I am really surprised that you can't find Borax V How about the Arm & Hammer washing soda? I've gotten just as good results with that too but still loooooooooove my Borax so many times I use both.......with 3 boys......well, four boys if you count my husband who is just as bad ........I need all the help I can get What they do to their clothing in the course of a day is baffling

Can you find the Fels or bluing?

You know, I'd ask the store you usually shop at if they would consider stocking some. They're generally more than willing to do that for regular customers and they might really discover that there's a demand for it they didn't realize was there because people tend to not ask.

And I hope you also hang out the laundry, rather than wasting power on the dryer.

Most of the time yes I do. Sometimes though there are times when the dryer cannot be avoided. A family of 6 generates a lot of laundry and if we haven't gotten to it every day due to overloaded schedules, the dryer is a must because 2-3 days of laundry in my house can really add up quickly, don't have that much room for lines, and any excess not gotten to can set off an avalanche of laundry I only have nightmares about

And if you live anywhere near an airport where planes are prone to fly over taking off or landing, make sure the clothes lines are made of smooth plastic coated lines as it is amazing how much black gook is left on the lines every few days.

Right in the flight path of Phoenix Sky Harbor Fortunately my lines are under an enclosed side yard with a patio cover so they don't get all that nasty from goop.

But living in the desert dust is the enemy and clings to everything........turning the clothes inside out before they go into the washer and hanging them to dry that way goes a long way in taking care of that unsightly problem